Rivalry

Mute

 

 

For the whole day so far, me and Hyeomin avoid each other. To which, Jiae noticed. Thus, at lunch,...

"Hoy!", Jiae called to me.

"What?", I simply replied.

"You and Hyeomin-ssi...", she said."Something going on?"

"No, why?"

"Well, recently, the two of you have been acting strange today. I wondered if something happened."

"It's not a big deal even if something happened.", I said this to her, smiling. To reassure that there's really nothing. 

"You're right.", she sighed."Where do you wanna eat lunch?", she said, changing the topic.

"Let's just eat inside the classroom.", I said.

"Ok.", she said. "Hyeomin-ssi!!"

 

Hyeomin looked  to our direction. We avoided eye contact.

 

"Let's eat here.", Jiae told her.

"Uh, it's okay. I'm not hungry.", Hyeomin said.

"Eh? But you're holding your lunchbox." Jiae pointed at it.

"Uh..."

"Let's eat together, okay?"

"Mhm.", Hyeomin nodded.

 

Jiae kept on blabbing about things that went on in her family while me and Hyeomin avoided each other's gaze.

"I can't handle it anymore.", Jiae said, slamming the desk. "WHAT THE HELL'S WRONG WITH YOU TWO?" Both of us flinched.

"DID YOU TWO FIGHT OVER A DAMN GUY?!", she asked."It's not like both of you have a crush or something...?"

She looked at our expressions which gave it away.

"Don't tell me." Her eyes widened. "BOTH OF YOU HAVE A CRUSH AND HID IT FROM ME?!!"

Both of us looked away.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME....", she sobbed, then looked at us with predator's eyes.

"So, who is it?" , she asked, poking. "Who is it?~~"

"Could you knock it out? I'm not feeling well.", Hyeomin said.

"Wae?~ Jus tell me who it is and I'll stop.", Jiae replied.

''Does it really matter who?'' , Hyeomin asked. "I mean, it's just someone in school. You might not even know 'cause of the whole student body."

"Jijiji... no. Tell me now!~"

"Argh, so annoying."

"Yah, you! Lee Yaejin!", Jiae faced me. "Who is it?? Hmmm??"

I looked at Hyeomin's face. She seemed be really bothered by the topic.

I cleared my throat and said," Lee Sungjong. I like Lee Sungjong." Hyeomin's and Jiae's eyes widened.

"Lee Sungjong? Are you serious?", Jiae asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Wae? Is there something wrong with him?", i asked.

"No, nothing. Just... He doesn't seem to be your... uhh.."

"He seems like a problem child.", Hyeomin said. 

"Yeah, that's true.", said Jiae. "I don't think I should be saying this, but..."

"Why him?", I said."Because it's him."

"But what specifically do you like about him?", Jiae asked. "Looks? Grades?"

 

Well, what do I like about him?

 

"It's probably just the looks.", Hyeomin said. "He does look very handsome."

"Yeah, he does.", Jiae said. "I actually... nevermind."

"That's all she likes about him. That's typically what every girl would like about him."

"That's not true. That's not all that's good about him. Who told you to answer for me?", I told Hyeomin.

"I'm sorry. Just thought that was it. So what is it you like about him?"

"You already know. I told you yesterday."

"Um, excuse me. You didn't explain everything, Ms. My heart blah bah."

"Uh, I wasn't there yesterday and nor do I know what you're talking about...", Jiae said but was ignored.

"Oh, okay. I like him because he's not a douche like you."

"Uh, Yaejin..." Jiae spoke.

"So I'm a douche. And you're what? A . That's what you are."

"Call me a , fine. Just don't tell me to back off."

"Okay, . Don't back off 'cause we're gonna have war to see who wins Lee Sungjong."

"Deal."

"Deal, ."

"You ing...."

Everyone in  the classrom heard what we were talking about. All were left in shock.

"Wins me after what?", a voice came in.

Everyone's heads turned to that direction.

"Did he just talk?", Jiae asked, more shocked.

Everyone: EEEHHHHH??!!?!!?

"I guess everyone really thinks I'm mute.", said Sungjong.

"S-S-Sungjong!", Hyeomin stuttered. "We were just having a friendly talk about studies and stuff."

"I don't think so.", Sungjong said.

"Uh, of course, we were.",  Hyeomin said."Right, Yaejin?"

"Uh, yeah.", I said.

"Winning me...?", he questioned.

"We're talking about who wins to get to study with you.", Jiae said, putting an arm of both of us. "Since you are the top notcher."

"Oh, okay."

"Sungjong-ah,", someone said. 

"Sandeul? How'd you get here?", Jiae asked.

"Eo, I was here the whole time.", he said.

Sandeul walked to Sungjong. He smiled and said, "These girls... ah, so ridiculous... these girls were fighting over--KYAAK!"

A punch to the stomach. I looked at Hyeomin, she looked back. Good job! I tried to say. She nodded.

"I just ate lunch.", he said, holding his mouth and stomach."I will get revenge.", Sandeul said, walking out of the classroom.

"Well, I'll be leaving now.", he said, grabbing his bag then left the classroom. No one asked why he left so suddenly 'cause we're used to it. But they just asked;

"Eh?! He could talk?"

"What the hell just happened?"

"I wonder what happened to Sandeul-sunbae."

 

All these matters happened. After school, me and Hyeomin had an agreement to fight over Sungjong.

"I didn't think you would resort to such childish acts.", said Jiae.

"SHUT UP!", both of us told her.

At times like that is when Hyeomin and I get along. But I wonder what would Sungjong think if he knows what we're doing?

 

 

 

 

Wait, I have a feeling he already knows.

 


Sorry for not updating so fast!

Not that inspired to write these days!!

 

Will update when I get an idea! ;))

 


Extra~

 

"Oi, Lee Sungjong. Why are you here?"

"I came to ask to stop bothering us furthermore."

"Sorry. Can't do that."

"May I ask why?"

"Hmm. Bring that girl friend of yours."

"I don't think it would be a good idea if Hyeomin sees you again."

"No, not Hyeomin. The other one."

"...?"

"The one who insensitively kicked the sensitive part of males."

"..."

"Bring her and I'll stop pestering you."

"I'm sorry, I can't."

*chuckles* "This kid... BRING THE DAMN !"

*pushes to the ground* "Don't call her a ."

"Defending her now, huh? What'll you do if we do somehing to her?"

"I'll kill you."

*scoff* "Do what you want. That's not gonna stop us. If you don't bring her, we will."