Guilt

Mute

 

 

The next day, at school, I had my face down. Never wanting to look up right now. Just of what happened yesterday. The images flashed through my head when I saw Sandeul get hit by the car. None of it I ever wanted to happen. Wishing it was only a bad dream. But, waking up to reality was the hardest thing someone could ever do. I sighed on my way to class.

 

Today, we had exams. I'm don't really care much about it. Just get some questions right, I'm fine with it. God, why doesn't it leave my mind?

 

Jiae and Hyeomin tried to talk to me but I just ignored them. Apparently, they didn't get to go to the concert inside the club and that means minors aren't allowed. Everything went on that day like that. No talking. No contact. No everyting that has something to do with socializing.

 

Just as the day ended, I heard people say some things. They already knew what happened to Sandeul so quickly. And others were already calling me Mute#2 because I wasn't talking the whole. Seriously? Just one day without talking. This is actually better than talking about useless things. Sungjong a.k.a. Mute#1 looked at me. And I caught him. We had eye contact for a while until I decided to home.

 

On the way home, I changed my mind. I went to the hospital where Sandeul was. I look at him. He was lying peacefully in bed. I just hoped that he isn't at the most peaceful place, yet. It's not the time for that to happen. I sat beside his bed and held his hand.

 

I decided to sleep in since it was Friday. No school tomorrow. And there's nothing to do at home. At least, I'm with my brother.

 

"Oppa, I'm sorry for having this happen. It's all my fault. I wish, I was the one in your place. If only you didn't push me out of the way...", I talked to his unconscious body. "Mianhae."