Unexpectedly Happened

Mute

 

 

"So,", Hyeomin spoke as we walk ourselves back home. "Where do you guys want to go?", she asked.

 

"HOME," , Jiae answered. " I'm too tired to go somewhere else."

 

"How about you, Yaejin?"

 

"I'm not sure,",  I answered.

 

" *sigh* You people are no fun.", Hyeomin whined. "Yah, Jiae-ssi, are you really that tired?"

 

"Yeah, *yawn*, I think so.", Jiae said.

 

Suddenly, the tone of Hyeomin's face changed. "Are you too tired....to go to the mall?", she asked.

 

As she said it, the ears of Jiae perked up by the word "mall". Once Jiae steps in, there's no stoppping her.

 

"All right! Let's go!", she said excitedly and ran to the nearest bus stop.

 

"I'm gong, too.", I said. "I'll just head home to get changed."

 

"Yeah, me too.", said Hyeomin. "I don't want to be in this uniform all day, and by all day, I mean, up 'til night."

 

"Fine. Let's all go home and get changed. So, where do we meet up?", Jiae asked.

 

"Foodcourt?", I suggested.

 

"Fine by me." , Jiae agreed on the place and so did Hyeomin. We went home and got changed.

 

"Eomma!", I shouted in the house. "I'll be out with friends!"

 

"Really?", I heard her shout back in some place of the house. "Okay! But be home by eight, okay?"

 

Ne, eomma!", I answered.

 

"Eomma!", someone else shouted by the stair case.

 

"Oh?"

 

"I'll be out,too!", he said, running down the stairs.

 

"Fine! Be back by the time I want like your sister!", eomma said.

 

"NE!", he answered.

 

"Yah, Lee Sandeul!", someone else shouted upstairs. It's my other brother."Whare are you going? I'm not done with you!"

 

"Hyung! I'll be going now! I forgot I had to do something! Kill me next time!", Sandeul said, as he quickly got out the door just as Sungyeol finally reached down stairs.

 

"Aish, that bastard.", Sungyeol said. Suddenly, his face changed. "Ah, I forgot,too. Eomma!", he shouted, running up the stairs. What a noisy house we have...

 

"Ne? What is it?", eomma asked.

 

"I'll be going out, too!", he answered, as he was dressed nicely for an occasion, running down the stairs.

 

"Okay! All of you be back by eight, huh?"

 

"Ne!", we both said.

 

"Want to take the car to your destination?", my brother asked me.

 

"Hm? Sure.", I answered.

 

As we were driving out of the street, we saw Sandeul, running as fast as he can, nearby. So, we stoppped to pick him up.

 

"Oppa! Get in the car!", I told him.

 

He shook his head." Ani, I'm fine.", he said, panting.

 

"Okay, bye.", Sungyeol said as he was about to step on the pedal.

 

"Wait!", I quickly said. "Are you sure about that?", I asked Sandeul. Sandeul nodded.

 

"He said he's fine. Let's go. I'm getting late.", Sungyeol whined.

 

"Oppa, just get in the car.", I told Sandeul.

 

He looked at me for a while then at Sungyeol then looked down and said, "Fine."

 

So, we drived until we reached traffic. Since, we're in the car and there's nothing to do I spoke to break the silence, " Oppa, Sungyeol-oppa, I mean, where are you going that you are dressed so nicely?", I asked.

 

"She's right. hyung. Why are you dressed like that? And what's with these flowers at the back? Don't tell me, you're going on a date?", Sandeul, asked.

 

"Aish. Just shut up, all right?", Sungyeol replied.

 

Sandeul fake gasped. "Lee Sungyeol on a date? Wah, I never thought this would've happened. Congratulations, then, hyung!", Sandeul teased.

 

"I told you to shut up!", Sungyeol said as he was about to hit Sandeul but Sandeul dodged and stuck his tongue out.

 

"You're really a kid, huh?", Sungyeol asked.

 

"Peutashioo! ", Sandeul replied.

 

"But, Sungyeol-oppa, are you really going on a date?", I asked.

 

"Ne. But am I dressed good enough? Are the flowers okay? Am I prepared?", he asked back.

 

"Of course, hyung.", Sandeul answered. "You're ready to fail, too."

 

"Aish.", said Sungyeol. "I didn't ask you, you bastard."

 

"You're the bastard.", Sandeul responded.

 

"I am? Thanks for letting me know, you son of a--", I cut Sungyeol off before they start a fight.

 

"Sungyeol-oppa, you're fine. Just calm down before something bad happens.", I said.

 

After a while, we've reached my destination. And, I bid them, goodbye.

 

"Yaejin-ah! Don't leave me!", Sandeul said through the window.

 

"Yah, Jin, your friends are waiting. Get to them already. Sandeul's going to be fine.", Sungyeol told me.

 

"I don't believe you.", Sandeul said to Sungyeol.

 

"You'll be fine. This will be your last....", Sungyeol said, continuing to drive.

 

"My last what?", Sandeul asked. "Yaejin! DON'T LEAVE MEEEEEE!", his voice trailed off until the car went away from sight.

 

I quickly went to the foodcourt to meet-up with Jiae and Hyeomin. 

 

"There you are!", Hyeomin said as she greeted me.

 

"So, where do you want to go?", Jiae asked.

 

"Anywhere.", I answered.

 

"Good. 'Cos I want to go to some places.", she answered, smiling.

 

~~After a long while of roaming the mall~~

 

I looked at my watch and checked the time. It's almost eight.

 

"I have to get going.", I said.

 

"Aww. Wouldn't you care to spend a little more time with your friends?", asked Jiae.

 

"Uhh, sure.", I answered, not really wanting to.

 

"It's okay if you don't want to.", Jiae told me.

 

"No, no. I'll go with you.",I said. Then, we started walking again.

 

"Where are we going anyway?", I asked.

 

"We found out a while ago that someone will have this concert with a free entrance while you were gone.", Hyeomin answered.

 

"It's in a club.", Jiae said.

 

I stopped my tracks. "Club?" 

 

"Yeah, the one over there.", Jiae pointed to the place.

 

"Aren't we minors?", I asked.

 

"Do we look like we are? I think not.", Hyeomin said.

 

"You  still want to come?", Jiae asked.

 

"Yeah, yeah. I'll go." , I answered.

 

As we were walking to the club, I find myself being followed. So, I looked around if someone was there. Noone. Weird. The closer we get to the place, the more I feel followed. I started hearing footsteps, so I quickened my paces. I stopped to speak to noone.

 

"Where are you?", I asked.

 

"Yaejin-ah, who are you talking to?", asked Hyeomin.

 

"Are you feeling sick?", asked Jiae.

 

At last, a figure came out. 

 

"I was supposed to scare you.", said he.

 

"Yah, Sandeul, why are you here?", Jiae asked,coldly.

 

"I'm older than you. You should put some formality there.", said Sandeul.

 

"Oppa, what are you doing here?", I asked.

 

"I'm taking care of you by bringing us home.",he answered.

 

"But, can't I stay out for a little longer?", I asked, no, pleaded.

 

"Ani. Eomma told us to get home by eight. It's already ten passed eight.", he said." We should get going now. Say goodbye to your friends."

 

"But--"

 

"No. We have to follow eomma. I still have chores to do, remember.", Sandeul said.

 

"We'll just meet you there, then, Yaejin.", Hyeomin said.

 

"Wait.", I requested.

 

"Where is 'there' anyways?", asked Sandeul.

 

"Well, there's a concert over at that club.", Jiae answered, jerking her thumb.

 

"You're going there? You can't go there!", SAndeul said. "You're not allowed there."

 

"But, it's just for a while.", I said.

 

"Ani. We should go home.", he said, getting my hand.

 

"But, I want to--"

 

"I SAID NO!",Sandeul snapped at me. I whimpered. "You're too young to be there."

 

"But I'm not that little anymore.", I said.

 

"Yaejin, we'll go first.", Jiae said.

 

"No! Wait!", I said, trying to let go of Sandeul's grip. "Oppa, let me go!"

 

"We are going!", he told me, dragging me home.

 

I thought of a way to get away from him. And there comes an idea. "Oppa,", I said. "I'll go with you."

 

He lets go and crosses his arms." Are you sure about that?", he asked.

 

"Ne,", I answered. "After this." I quickly ran away from him and so the chasing started.

 

It's good that there was some distance away from him. But, there was the time I had to cross the street but the stoplight had just turned green and the cars started moving without me knowing.

 

"Yaejin!", Sandeul shouted as he pushed me out the way just as the car hit him instead of me.

 

"Oppa!", I ran to his half-conscious body. 

 

"I am so sorry! I'm sorry!", the driver of the car said when he saw Sandeul's body.

 

"It's okay, but, please call an ambulance.", I said. He nodded.

 

"Oppa, everything's going to be okay.", I said with tears on my eyes. "It just happened...you know."

 

Just as the ambulance came, Sandeul said something, "Yaejin-ah,"

 

"Ne?"

 

"I told you I was just taking care of you.", His last words so far.

 

~~

 

Eomma and appa has heard the news about Sandeul and rushed to the hospital.

 

"My son,", eomma cried.

 

"Don't worry,", said appa to eomma. "He's going to be fine."

 

This is all my fault. If only I just went home, this wouldn't have happened. Tears started forming in my eyes.

 

"Yaejin-ah, don't cry.", Sungyeol told me. 

 

"I'm not crying.", I said, quickly wiping the tears away.

 

"You were about to.", he said. "I have a thought that you knew what happened. Would you care to tell me?"

 

And there, I exploded. "Oppa! It's all my fault! I didn't listen to him! Now, look what happened! He got hit by a car!" 

 

"Yah, yah, yah. Don't cry.", he said, rubbing my arm. "It's not your fault."

 

"But, it is!", I cried. The tears were straeming down my face rapidly.

 

"I said, don't cry.", Sungyeol said.

 

"What if he doesn't make it?", I asked.

 

Sungyeol sighed. "Sandeul is a strong kid.", he said. "He will make it."

 

I couldn't help but feel guilty. It wouldn't leave my mind that this is all my fault.

 

"Don't think it's your fault," Sungyeol said as if reading my mind."Unless you want to feel miserable. Do you want to?" I shook my head. "Good. Now, let's just hope Sandeul's going to be okay."

 

Sandeul-oppa, mianhae...

 

 


UPDATED AFTER A MONTH AND THREE DAYS!!

Sorry about that!

"Peutashioo" is a word  I heard from the "Who Am I Making Video" of B1A4.

I think some BANAs know that...

...Or not.

thanks for reading! :))