Don't talk to him...?

Mute

 

 

Don't talk to him? But...

 

"Why shouldn't I?", I asked her.

"Because, trouble will come for you if you do.", she answered. I have a feeling that's not all of it.

"I think I'm already in trouble. I'm already acquainted with that rich guy.", I said.

"Even so,", she said."Try not to." I felt upset all of the sudden.

 

Not talking to Sungjong? Why can't I? It's not like I'm a bother to him,... aren't I? No, no. I'm not a bother. I'm his friend. I can talk to him. She's not his only friend.

 

"I'm sorry, but,", I said." I can't do that."

She scoffed. "I knew you'd say that.", she replied. I kept quiet and looked at her sternly.

"Hey,", she said."Why would you like someone who doesn't like you?"

"Same question to you.", I answered.

"Just answer."

"Because that's what my heart thinks.It loves someone to a great extent even if they don't love them back.",I answered.

"What the heart thinks... is that it? Huh.", she said.

"Your turn to answer the question.", I told her.

"Because I've been with him the longest.", she answered.

"Friendship doesn't last very long, you know?"

"I know that."

 

Cold silence into the air. I looked at the ground.

 

"That's why I'll make him mine.", Hyeomin said. "And that's what'll make you stop talking to him. I hope you get it now 'cause I don't want to--"

"You...", I cut her off. "You're selfish."

"What?"

"You're selfish. You only keep Sungjong-ah to yourself." She's quiet.

"What's the point of being Sungjong's friend, if you keep him from other people?", I continued."Because you've been with him the longest? He's never gonna make other friends if you're in the way. You were never really a good friend to him.

"Don't talk to him because it's trouble? I'm sorry. I don't understand. I think you're only doing this 'cause you like him too. What does it mean to you if I like him, too?! What if other girls like him, too?!"

 

As I say this, my voice starts raising.

 

"I don't care.", I said. "I don't care if you like him, too." Then, I looked into her eyes. "I just want to talk to him. Is that a problem?"

 

*Slap* My cheek hurts. I can still feel it.

 

"Of course there's a problem!", she exclaimed. "It'll be hard for me to see you as my friend. I've liked Sungjong for a while now and I can't handle it anymore."

"Then, just say it to him!", I shouted at her. "Say that you love him."

"But, it's too hard to do." Tears started streaming down her face.

"....coward.", I told her.

"Please,", she said, sobbing."Yaejin,.."

"I'm sorry."

 

"OI! Hyeomin-ssi!!", someone called out for her. Nice timing, Lee Sungjong.

Both of us had our heads hang low. He noticed me. Hyeomin walked pass him, still crying. Sungjong grabbed her shoulder but she shrugged it off.

 

"Is something wrong with Hyeomin?", he asked me.

"It's nothing.", I answered, still looking at the ground. Then, I went back for class.

 

 


Huhuhu.

I'm trying my best to update real fast.

I'm very very sorry.