First Day and Introductions

Mute

 

 

I walked up the stairs going to school. Oh, how I've missed school. It's the first day of highschool. It's like I've been revived from the dead just to study more.  I don't like it when people call me a nerd, but I really am one. It's just that I like studying ... a lot. It's a good thing I went to school early because some of my other schoolmates last year might have also study here and call me a nerd, geek, teacher's pet and other names just because I'm smart. Well, I'm proud to be smart, unlike those stupid jerks who only know one thing but not two.

 

  I went to my classroom. It's empty since it's just 7:15 am and school starts at eight. I still have a lot of time to spare. But, there is this boy at the corner of the room, sleeping with his head on the table. He must be excited to study too, but then again, the are rarely people like that and one of those kind of people is me. 

 

...

About 15 minutes left before school starts

 

   Half of the room is full  and suddenly my worst nightmare came. There's this guy in middle school whom I had a crush on, then when he knew he treated me like crap. He kept doing this until he was in a different class at eighth grade. I never wanted to be in the same class with him ever again, but here he is. Oh, his name is Kim Myungsoo, but he likes to be called L. I let out a sigh. Why? 

 

...

School starts in..

..3...

...2..

...1!

 

  The door opens. It wasn't the teacher, but it was my friend, Park Jiae. Hmph, still has that late habit of hers. At least she made it on time. After five seconds she came in, the teacher came. She sat next to me, since I reserved her a seat, but the person at the back of me is L. Oh, when will life get better? At least I sit near near the window to get a view of the outside.

 

  As usual, we start classes with introductions. It started with a foreigner named,  Lucas Green, then the person to his left, then so on and it goes from him, left-back-right-back-then repeat. We're thirty in class and I'm at the third row. When it was my turn, I simply said, "Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Yaejin - ibnida!", then quickly sat down. It went like that until the last boy at the corner of the room, who I remember was sleeping a while ago . Instead of intoducing himself, he went in front of the class approaching the teacher and gave him a letter. He has this look on his eyes that makes you uncomfortable. He had his bag with him and after he'd done giving the letter he left class. Mr. Hwang read the letter. He put in down like it was an unimportant matter.

 

   "And that was, Lee Sungjong.",Mr. Hwang said to finish the introductions. Everyone was confused why he'd leave class so soon. I don't bother other peoples business but there's something different in him that leaves me wondering.