CHAPTER 25 - THE RISE

A Cup of Earl Grey

Jae went outside the room and saw everyone running. Jae just stared at them and thought how he’ll get their attention. He then screamed and he saw everyone halt.

 

“Why are you guys running? Is there something wrong?” Jae asked. He then saw Kai on the corner.

 

“I just went outside to call for them but when we arrived, Noona wasn’t there! What if she was taken by someone? Or she turned into dust or something.” After he finished his statement pillows came flying and landed to him. He didn’t have the time to dodge. Jae just laughed like a madman and everyone glared at him.

 

“She’s in my room. Don’t give me that look guys! I told her not to do it but she said no one can figure out the spell since it’s one of the darkest out there.” As he said it, Lay and Kris stood up and went straight to Jae sunbaenim’s room.

 

When they arrived, they saw Dara standing and looking outside. They were about to approach her when they saw her placing her arm forward saying that they should stay where they were. Lay and Kris did what they were told and just gave Dara a questioning look.

 

“Don’t move. Call Nox and Cerberus here please.” She instructed them. Lay being the nearest rushed outside leaving Kris with Dara.

 

“Noona? What’s wrong?” Kris asked. Dara just stayed on her position and then the room went from normal to cold. Kris just looked at her and she can see Dara’s hair turning from silver blonde to jet black. Kris then felt his heart beat rapidly. He then tried walking but immediately stopped when he saw the floor glowing. He then averted his eyes to Dara who was still looking outside.

 

Lay then went straight to the sitting room panting.

 

“Cerberus and Nox hyung, Dara need you both.” As Lay said it the two of them sprang upwards and everyone saw that their eyes and hairs changed color.

 

From afar, they can hear Kris talking and as they approach the room they can feel the coldness.

 

“Kris, you see the mark that’s glowing in red; I want you to step on it once I told you to, arraso?” He heard Dara said, he just nooded and looked for the one she was referring to. Once he saw it, he adjusted himself.

 

Dara was waiting for the signal, then when she felt it her eyes opened widely and she looked behind her.

 

“NOW KRIS!” As he heard it, Kris jumped and stepped on the mark and he can feel the warmth and the power. He then kneeled because he started feeling pain. He couldn’t help it but scream and he just did it louder each time he felt the pain.

 

He then, all of a sudden felt the pain decreased and he felt the room went back to normal and the mark he was standing on vanished. He shot Dara a look and saw her kneeling in front of him.

 

“Are you alright? Sorry for that one.” She just told me. Kris smiled at her and she helped him up. Just then, Lay-Nox and Cerberus arrived.

 

“What took you guys so long?! The way here from the sitting room is not that far!” Kris shouted. The three of them gave him a knowing look that taken Kris aback.

 

“What are you saying that we took that long? I just went outside not a minute ago and we came here as soon as I left.” Lay said. Kris then got confused and looked at Dara.

 

The three of them went to Dara leaving Kris thinking for himself.

 

“You said you needed us, Dara?” Nox said. Dara then stood up and gave something to him. Nox gasped and stared at her.

 

“They were after Jae and well all I can do is trap them in that thing.” Dara said.

 

“You used dark magic again?! Don’t deny it; your hair says it all.” Lay said and Kris looked at them. Her hair was still in the shade of black but it was fading and turning back to her silver blonde hair.

 

She then pouted and stared at Lay.

 

“Oh no! That won’t work! Go back to bed and rest.” Lay said while pointing to the door. Dara looked at him and did a mehrong and left. Kris followed her and when Dara was inside he went in as well.

 

“I know you should rest Noona, but I’m still confused.” Kris asked.

 

“I kinda used some of your powers, kinda. Mianhe. But don’t worry, see that mark on your arm it means yours will replenish faster this time.” She then gave him a sweet smile. Kris smiled and left Dara for her to rest.

 

----------- ON THE SHADOW WORLD -------------------

 

Jae’s brother was pacing the study room to wait for his minions to arrive. Then he heard the door open and saw his butler.

 

“Where are they? Have they not arrived yet?” He asked. His butler just stared at him and all he can do was to shout. He grabbed the nearest object and it went flying.

 

“JAE’S WEAK NOW SO HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! NO ONE IN THEIR SIDE CAN HEAL THAT ONE COZ IT’S ONE OF THE STRONGEST BLACK MAGIC WE HAVE!! WHAT HAPPENED!!” He was trashing the whole place.

 

“Master, Dara is on their side.” His butler said. He then averted his gaze to him and looked at him intensely.

 

“Does it matter?” He asked him.

 

“You may not know but, Dara is a powerful person. I in my opinion think that she’s the one that lifted Master Jae’s curse and imprisoned the minions you sent your highness. If you think Ah In is powerful, you haven’t met her obviously.” His butler explained. True, what the butler said was true that he doesn’t know a thing about Ah In’s sister’s powers. He just heard from someone that she’s powerful but he never expected it be too much.

 

“What makes you think that she’s the one that lifted the spell? And isn’t she weak now? My sources from the other realm said that she isn’t that powerful as you say.” He said with confidence. He then saw his butler shaking his head.

 

“She isn’t weak your Highness. She is just making herself more powerful by draining her powers. Did you know that Cerberus, Spinel and Nox are in debt to her? Imagine the three powerful people we know serving her? Is that not a proof of her capabilities? She also masters the Dark Arts.” His butler said.

 

“I need to see father now!” He then opened the doors violently and headed to the east wing.

 

Upon arriving, he then touched a teal colored wall and was inside. He then went straight to his Father’s painting. The room was filled with different paintings of his ancestors and once he entered, everyone was looking at him.

 

“And what brings you here my son? I’m still disappointed for your negligence! See what it costs us?!! Not just Ah In but Jae! What kind of a leader are you?! You’re a disgrace!” His father said with venom lacing every word. He just stared at him and ignored his Father’s word.

 

“I didn’t come here to hear your scolding, Father! I’m here to learn more about this Dara their referring too!” He asked him. Everyone was silent as soon as he said her name. It was like a taboo.

 

“Why do you dare say her name in front of us? You are indeed a disgrace!” One of his great grandfather spoke.

 

“Did her family the one that imprisoned you in your realm, Grandfather?” He asked. He saw the wince and the anger in his grandfather’s face. He smirked knowing he hit a sour spot. He then averted his gaze to his Father and waited for him to answer.

 

“I don’t have a lifetime to wait for your answer, Father. Just tell me you know nothing about her and I shall leave. Surrounding myself with death people creeps me out.” He said bluntly.

 

He then heard his Father cleared his throat.

 

“I was wrong to put you in that position. I should’ve just listened to your Mother and gave it to Jae, I’m sure he’ll more worthy than you are.” His father said. He was use to people saying that his younger brother is better than him and so on but he just ignored it. He just let it come to one end of his ear and release it to the other.

 

“Dara is an Everwreath. She is the only daughter in that line that’s why she is powerful. She showed her magical abilities the day she was born when all of a sudden her eyes changed color as well as her hair. His father is a colleague of mine but we were never friends. She was awarded with her black magic skills which has the same level as the most powerful that we have when she decoded the Ancient Learnings of Dark Arts and received her first mark at the age of 6. I don’t have to elaborate anymore to let you see that taking Ah In was a stupid idea!” His Father stated.

 

He then bowed to them and left. He then called his minions.

 

Burn that wing now. I don’t want to see any of those anymore.” He said coldly. As the wing was burning he can hear them screaming and cursing him.

 

“You just got what you deserve! Get Dara for me! I don’t care how many you guys are I just want you to bring her to me! ALIVE!” He commanded. 15 of his black cloak minions apparated and he just closed his eyes.

 

“I’ll have you even if I kill my own brother in the process.”