CHAPTER 17 - CLOCK STRIKES

A Cup of Earl Grey

======= SORRY FOR THE DELAY! I WAS QUITE BUSY! EEEEKKK! WELL HERE YOU GO GUYS! ENJOY======

 

 

Yoochun arrived with Kris obviously tired from shopping. They bought food and some stuffs they might need. When they approached the living room, Yoochun saw that Dara wasn't there.

 

"Where's Dara? You know we can't leave her alone especially now that we know that Jae's side might attack any moment?" Yoochun said. Tabi, Kris, Junsu and Luhan stared at him blankly.

 

"That's why you're here, so you can tell us beforehand if someone is coming. You are a seer, are you not?" Kris said bluntly earning a glare from Yoochun and laughter from the rest.

 

"Haha, very funny Kris. I'll just find Dara then and before you can say something I do know where she is, thank you very much!" Yoochun then stormed out and left 4 boys laughing hysterically. When Yoochun reached the East Wing where Dara is, he felt something weird. He passed 1-2-3-4-5 and he then stopped infront of a big door and touched the wood. He then felt chills and his eyes widen. Yoochun vigorously slammed the door and was shocked when the door suddenly opened. 

 

He entered the room and scanned the place, it was dark and cold. He then saw an open window leading to the veranda and went there. Yoochun was hoping to see Dara there but she wasn't, he then went back inside and was startled when he saw a cloaked person floating. Yoochun shouted and chased the person, when he was about to take the cloak he then saw Dara lying on the floor. Yoochun rushed to her and checked if she's harmed. Seeing she's fine, he sighed in relief and transferred her on the bed.

He then remembered the person with the cloak and searched the whole room, but failed. Yoochun closed the door and went to the living room not knowing that someone was secretly looking at him as he leave.

 

 

------- SHADOW WORLD ---------

 

 

Ah In was walking and examining the place when suddenly he saw two figures passed by him. He ignored them for awhile and when he knew that they were quite far, he then followed them. The place was somewhat creepy and dusty and you can smell copper mixed with rotten animal smell. He then saw the two figures entered a pub. Ah In covered himself and seated himself 2 tables away from them. 

 

"Advantage of having the best hearing (he whispered)" He then rested his head on his arm acting like he was sleeping and not long enough the two started their conversation.

"What do you think about the guy Master Jae bought?" The man with a white beard said. 

"I think he's quite powerful, you can actually feel it in his aura." The man with brown hair said. 

"Well, I heard the Everwreath's took care of him. He is one lucky lad." The man with the brown hair said earning a questionable look from his other mate.

"Why lucky? Because they're rich?" The man with the white beard asked. The other guy stared at him seriously and said

 

"No. It's because he's still alive." 

 

 

Ah In left the pub immediately before those two can realize that he was eavesdropping. He ran away from the place as far as he can and kneeled down infront of a black pond. The words that the man utter before he left still hunts him.

 

"Alive? What was he saying! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" Ah In clutched his hands and punched the ground, crimson dripping from his knuckles. He then felt a presence and was about to attack when he saw and old man with his hood down.

 

"Mianhe ahjussi. I'm really sorry." Ah In apologized. The old man just nodded and kneeled beside him.

"What brings you here? Usually, people who visits this place would drown themselves. But clearly, you're not one of them. Hmmmm, you're the young lad that Jae bought. Ah In am I right?" The old man asked him. Ah In nodded and offered his hand and introduce himself.

 

"How rude of me, I'm Ah In Yoo-Everwreath, sir." He then saw the old man looked at him in wonder.

 

"An Everwreath you say? Interesting. You're the half one I assume?" The old man said, Ah In then looked at him sadly. 

 

"It wasn't an insult young man, I was just stating facts. An Everwreath would never have anyone with our blood. The last one I heard was killed by the royals of the Everwreath council, luck is clearly on your side." The old man said.

 

"Why would they kill someone from this race? Why didn't they kill me then?" Ah In asked. If their was someone who can answer his question, it was the man right in front of him. The old man faced him.

 

"It's just that someone from our race killed the queen and seduced the King so she can bare a child from the royal line. Once a child is born with our blood and the royals, it is said that whoever that child is will be one of the most powerful person not only in this world but in all worlds." The old man said. Ah In was left dumbfounded and he can't seem to process the information he's hearing.

 

"But, you may be powerful but their is still someone who is even powerful than you are and that's the only female successor from the Royals." the old man said. It was starting to clear up.

 

"Dara noona is the most powerful the pure one, I'm the half-breed from the other end. So we are somewhat the Yin and Yang of both worlds and Luhan..... Luhan is?" Ah In said thinking.

 

"The key. The sole female from the royals and you being the half-breed once balanced needs to be unlocked. You are alive because without you the chain won't be complete." The old man said.

 

"My Father took me so I can get along with my other siblings and once we communicate............ He used me!" Ah In said angrily.

 

"He might or may not. But just keep in mind what you are to them, in that way you won't be confused to which side you should be. Don't let anger overpower you." The old man said and when Ah In was about to say something, the ahjussi disappeared.

 

"I was always Noona's protector." Ah In said in the air.

 

 

------------ MANOR (EAST WING) ------------------------

 

The night was deep and Dara stood under the moonlight. She took a book under her bed and placed it in a circle she drew under the carpet.  

 

The book then flipped it pages and stopped in one particular spell. Dara then chanted in Latin the words written on the book. The room started to light up and the chandelier started to sway. 

 

The window opened, welcoming the strong and cold breeze. Dara closed her eyes and continued speaking in Latin, and then a bright light sparked in seconds and faded immediately. Dara was out of breath and a smirk then became visible in her face.

 

On the other wing, Luhan woke up sweating and he felt something burnt him. He checked his arm, clearly not seeing anything went back to bed.

 

Tabi woke up as well and felt pain but when he saw nothing, he then resumed sleeping. 

 

As Dara went to her bed limping, she still has her smirk as she closed her eyes,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the floor beside the book was a number of black and white feathers with blood, as if it was pulled out from someone's back.