CHAPTER 27 - LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING

A Cup of Earl Grey
  • Sorry for the delay for this story. This is actually my first baby and I felt that I neglected it for a long time. I’ve been having a hard time thinking what to put next since this story is somewhat different and hard to update. I didn’t even know what made my mind think about this turn. Geez. It’s been a long time coming, but I’m here now. Anyway, here goes. XD

 

SHADOW WORLD

He was pacing back and forth waiting for his minions to tell him if they got his dearest brother back. He then heard the door opened and saw his 2 trusted people entered, panting. He then sighed and sat.

 

“I see that you didn’t find my dearest brother?” He said. The two shook their heads and bowed to him, apologizing.

He was not happy with what’s happening. First it was Ah In and Jae who escaped and then Jinwoo. He was not pleased with the turn of events. He then looked at the two people in front of him and told them to leave him alone. He then closed his eyes and tried taking the barricade to contact someone. He needed his help this time since he’s the only one that can do something and not being detected. He then felt the convergence of thoughts and he smirked.

 

“Hello chingu, I need to take that favor now.” He said in his mind while he smirked and reeled all possible plans he can use to take those hard-headed brothers of his.

 

NORMAL WORLD

EXO wrapped their stage and bowed to everyone. Kris excused himself and went to the farthest part of the corridor. He needed to be alone, away from Luhan and Lay needs to collect his thoughts with everything. He was feeling something he shouldn’t and that’s frustrating him.

 

KRIS’ POV

I can’t have these feelings for her. This is just a misunderstanding, so stop it right now heart. I need to be alone for a while; I need to think everything through. So, I excused myself and went to the farthest part of the corridor. Darkness always calmed me and the quiet surroundings makes me feel at ease. I closed my eyes and cried. I really didn’t know why I’m crying but my heart hurt so much. I don’t want these feelings, I just don’t.

 

“STOP IT! STOP IT!” I just kept on hitting my chest and continued crying. I just can’t, I really can’t. As I was crying I felt someone inside. I stopped and was scared to turn around.

 

“Who the heck is this person?!” I murmured. I then felt a chill in the air and my eyes automatically widen.

 

“Of all people.” I told myself.  I then tried to compose myself and as I was going to turn my head. I heard her say.

 

“Why are you crying, Wangja?” She said. I smiled and I wiped my tears. I turned and looked at her.

 

“Come here.” I told her. She just looked at me and I stopped myself as I finish my statement. I was too blunt, was I? I was about to apologize when I saw her approached me and she was now in front of me.

 

“Why are you crying? Som.....” She didn’t finished her statement coz’ I already hugged her and I began to cry again. I felt her tighten her hug and I did the same. I don’t want her, I need her. I really need her.

END OF KRIS’ POV

 

The rest of the EXO team was waiting for Kris to comeback. The manager told them to fetch Kris now coz’ they have more schedules to cover. As Suho was about to open the door, he saw the knob turned and saw Kris opening the door.

 

“What happened Kris?” Suho asked. The rest of the people inside the room looked at both of them and was worried when they saw how puffy Kris’ eyes were.

 

“It’s nothing. I just missed home.” Kris said. The rest of them still looked at him not believing him.

 

“You asked me and I answered and yet you don’t believe me? What’s the essence of asking if you don’t believe my answer?” He said. The rest then looked the opposite way and Kris just sighed. He then saw Lay approach him and he automatically stands.

 

“I’m fine Lay, no need.” He then went to his things and packed. Lay just stopped and looked at the other members.

 

“Is there something wrong Kris? Have I done something?” Lay asked. Kris then finished packing and zipped his bag. He then placed it on his back and looked at him.

 

“I’m fine Lay. Don’t worry. Oh you can’t help me with my problem, no one can. But thanks for the concern. I’ll just wait for you outside then.” Kris waved and smiled as he left the room leaving the staff and the other members dumbfounded with what happened.

 

The EXO members then left the waiting and were heading to the car park when Luhan saw someone.

 

“Oh Noona! You’re still here?” Luhan asked. Dara then looked at him and smiled. Luhan approached her and hugged her.

 

“Come, you can join us!” Luhan said.

 

“Nah. I need to go somewhere.” Dara said.

 

“Where?”  He asked.

 

“Jjangmae is here somewhere. We need to talk to the PDs for our closing stage next week.” Dara told him. Luhan nodded and hugged his Noona. He was about to leave when Dara called him. He then gave Luhan cups of drinks and told him to distribute it to his co-members as well as their manager.

 

“Wait, there’s a separate cup Noona.” Luhan asked.

 

“That’s for Kris.” Dara said.

 

“Huh?” Luhan asked.

 

“He was depressed awhile ago so I think this will calm him a little.” Luhan then looked at his Noona and gave her a puzzled look but Dara just flashed her sweetest smile and kissed Luhan before heading back in.

 

Luhan then approached the van and the manager saw him carrying something and went to him.

 

“Oh you bought coffee?” The manager asked.

 

“It’s from Dara Noona. Here, take these two.” The manager then nodded and took 2 venti cups and opened the door of Luhan. The rest then saw him and took each and thanked him. He then saw Kris at the back with Lay. He then gave Kris and Lay their cups and took his as well. Kris then saw that he has a different drink and stared at Luhan.

 

“Why is my drink different?” He asked.

 

“Dara Noona told me to give that to you specifically.” Luhan answered. He then saw his eyes widen that made Lay looked as well.

 

“Something wrong? You’ve been acting odd lately, Kris.” Lay said.

 

“Did she say something?” Kris asked, eyes fixed on Luhan. That made him uncomfortable.

 

“No.” Luhan answered him. Kris then sighed in relief and resumed drinking his tea. Lay and Luhan looked at each other and looked back to Kris. They mentally told each other that whatever Kris was hiding, they’ll find out soon.

 

-------

He missed this, the real world. He needed to take action now before the elders from their clan can even know what’s happening. His no good older brother was worthless, so he needed to dispose of him since he doesn’t have any use. He went straight to KBS to meet up with his manager and other people in the agency he’s in.

 

“Welcome back! How have you been?” His manager asked.

 

“Fine.” He answered. The manager nodded and as they were walking, someone took his attention and he smirked to himself.

 

“Who’s she?” He asked. The manager then looked where he was pointing and smiled.

“The vampire goddess, Dara Park from 2NE1.” His manager said. He then looked at her and he saw her looked his way. He smiled and bowed at her as she did the same. His manager saw what happened and smiled for himself.

 

“You want to meet her?” His manager asked.

 

“Aren’t we needed?” He asked.

 

“It won’t take long. Come on!” His manager was now dragging him.

 

“Hi Dara.” His manager said. Dara then looked at him and bowed.

 

“Kang Dong won.” He said.

 

“Oh, sunbaenim! It’s nice to meet you! I’m a huge fan!” Dara was spazzing right now. He smiled how cute this girl in front of him is.

 

“Sunbaenim is too formal, just call me Dong won oppa.” He said. The two managers laughed and Dara snickered.

 

“Why are you guys laughing?” He asked.

 

“She doesn’t want to call people she’s not close with oppa.” Dara’s manager said.

 

“How old are you?” He asked.

 

“29.” She said. Dong won’s eyes widen and he looked at her intensely.

 

“You’re kidding right?” He said. He then looked at the two managers in front of him and they both shook their heads.

 

“YOU DON’T LOOK YOUR AGE!” He shouted making them laugh.

 

“You don’t look 33 too.” She said. Her smile just affected him in an awkward way. She and her manager just waved and bowed to him and left.

 

“Beautiful right?” His manager asked him. Dong won just laughed and went to their meeting.

 

He was exhausted and just smiled to himself. He then heard someone knocked and he told it to come in. He was resting in his comfy sofa when he saw two people came in.

 

“Master.” They both asked.

 

“Fix my meeting with my old friend.” He told them and the two popped and vanished in thin air.

 

“So you’re Dara you’re more interesting than I thought you will be.” He smirked and closed his eyes. Tomorrow, he’ll talk to his dear chingu and start the plan to take back his brothers and Ah In and he’ll make sure to take Dara as well.