CHAPTER 23 - THE ATTACK

A Cup of Earl Grey

SO I POSTED A STORY I WAS ITCHING TO SHOW YOU GUYS. 

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/660343/chance-encounter-dara-tao-lay-chaelin-2nexo-daraexo-layandtaoexo

PLEASE TRY AND READ IT. SINCE IT'S A COMPLETE STORY, I WON'T HAVE TO DIVIDE MY TIME IN UPDATING IT. I HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY IT AS WELL. NOW OFF TO THIS CHAPTER.

==============================================================

Luhan was now walking past everyone but it seems like he still can't reach his Noona then because of his frustration, he shouted.

"HEOL!! WHAT'S GOING ON?!! STOP HUGGING MY NOONA!!" Luhan screamed. Everyone in the room were now looking at Luhan who was red because of his shouting. Nox then approached Luhan to calm him but rushed to TOP who was about to assault Lay. Lay was still holding Dara and placed her on his back to protect her.

"Masters, please! Yah! I can't handle both of you stop it! Young master some help will do." Nox said pleading to Kris. He then went straight to Luhan to stop him from going any further whilst he's still confused with what was happening.

"If you'll just calm down, I will explain everything. Just please, no sudden assault or anything." Nox said. Everyone nodded and they all sat down.

"Well Nox? Explain now, Palli!!" Luhan said impatiently. Nox nodded and cleared his throat.

"Master Seunghyun, are you feeling anything weird right now?" Nox asked. Everyone's attention then went to Tabi who just shook his head indicating that he was perfectly fine. 

"Are you sure? Because when someone does something or even a little skinship to your intended, you will feel a little ill or as you call it jealous. I can actually feel if you're lying or not." Nox explained. Nox then stood up and approached Tabi. The EXO Members; Tao, Sehun, Xiumin and Baekhyun who were blocking the way stood up and went to seat somewhere else.

"Now, answer my question; Are you feeling anything weird?" Nox said. Tabi answered him that he was perfectly fine. They all saw the way Nox closed his eyes and sighed. He then slowly opened his eyes and looked at TOP.

"You are indeed telling the truth. What puzzles me now is that why do you have that mark when clearly you are not Dara's intended?" Nox told them. Everyone in the room felt silent and some of them (particularly Chanyeol, Xiumin and Sehun) gasped and cursed. 

"So you're saying, that there's a possibility that Lay is Dara Noona's intended? But Noona's mine!! kekekeke. Kidding!" Kris said. Nox nodded and went back to his seat. Everyone was still silent and then TOP stood up. He then approached Lay and tapped his shoulder. 

"Well, I told you he'll be like this. Hahahaha. Pretending to be you is really hard. No offense Dara, I like you no make that I love you but you see you're already taken from the start." TOP said. 

"What are you saying?!!! That Lay hyung and my Dara Noona!!!! Nooooo wayyyy!!!!" Chanyeol said and went to his room. The rest then started laughing. But as soon as they started, Lay's face changed.

"Dara? Dara what's wrong?" Lay asked whilst caressing her face. Once he touched her face, his hands felt the coldness and he was now beginning to worry.

"Dara, talk to me! What's happening?" Lay asked. Luhan then sprinted to the sink to get a bucket and a towel. Sehun and Xiumin went to get the first aid kit and the rest were just sitting waiting.

"It's cold. I'm fine Lay don't worry. You look funny when you do that." Dara said. When Dara smiled, Lay placed her down and walked away.

"You're not her. GET AWAY FROM THAT PERSON/THING!! PALLI!! What are you?!" Lay said. Just as before everyone can move away, Dara stood up and she started melting and appears a harpy. (please refer to this link if you're curious what a harpy is http://th04.deviantart.net/fs30/PRE/f/2008/150/d/8/Harpy_by_DaveAllsop.jpg

"Stay inside your rooms! Watch out!!" Kris shouted. Xiumin then ran inside the room and locked it with the harpy on his trail. Nox then took his staff out and he transformed to his original form and rushed to the harpy. 

"Masters, get inside! I can handle this!" Nox shouted. But after he said that, he was thrown on the ground. Tabi then lunged himself and started him with his flamed wrist but was thrown as well.

"This thing is too strong! You need to call the rest." TOP said. Kris then helped Tabi and went to help Nox. The two of them went flying the room. Then they heard the harpy said, Must kill Lay and the Luhan. Upon hearing it, Kris tried standing up to protect Lay and Luhan. But what he saw startled him, Tao blocked the harpy and took his wushu sticks. He then tried fighting the harpy but was unsuccessful and was in the ground. 

Then, the harpy seeing her obstacles cleared went for the kill. It was about to go for Luhan, but was blocked by Lay. Luhan then used his powers to levitate the table and it hit the back of the harpy. It winced and Lay pushed Luhan away.

"Go!!! Luhan go!!!" Lay shouted. The harpy strangles Lay who is still fighting nonstop. Kris, TOP, Nox and Tao tried standing up but was still very weak. 

"I'll send a signal to the rest so they can help us." Nox said and disappeared. 

"Hyung! Look out!!!!!" Tao shouted. Kris, Luhan and TOP then averted their sight to Lay. 

All Lay can do was to close his eyes, but when he didn't felt anything; he opened his eyes and saw that the harpy's head was gone. He removed the harpy and saw someone kneeling infront with a sword. Kris pushed himself to stand up but was taken aback when someone popped all of a sudden and sliced the harpy's head off. All they can do was to stare at the person still kneeling. They saw the harpy changed back to Dara and vanished. 

"Noona?" Luhan said. Everyone's eyes widen when they indeed saw that Dara was the one who slayed the harpy. She used the sword to stand up but failed, she then took the flask necklace and tried standing up again. Lay was the one who catched her and he took the sword she's holding and placed it on the floor.

"What are you trying to do?" Lay asked. He placed Dara on the couch. Tabi took Kris, Luhan and Tao and told them to leave the two of them alone.

"Nox told us that you were currently being attacked by a harpy. I went here to save Luhan and of course you guys." Dara said. Lay hugged her.

"You should've come. You're still weak. Oh! You have a new mark." Lay said whilst pointing the new mark that appeared on Dara's arm.

"Go Heal them. They need you now. I'll go ahead." Dara said. As she was about to stand up, her knees failed her and she was now being held by Lay.

"Stay here for the meantime. I'm sure our EXO co-members will be delighted." Lay said and placed a kiss on Dara's forehead. Dara nodded. Lay then called the others and started healing the injured ones whilst the rest went to Dara to talk to her.