CHAPTER 24 - THE RETURN OF THE BLACK SHEEP

A Cup of Earl Grey

Jae went back to his manor and went straight to his wing. He sighed and went straight to his bed, he was comfortable but then he heard someone knocked. He stood up and opened the door.

 

“Ah In? Waeyo?” Jae asked. He then saw Ah In’s face, with his dark circles under his eyes and how he looks tried.

 

“Can I come in, Jae?” Ah In asked. Jae was having second thoughts but felt pity when he saw him. He looked like both heaven and earth crashed to him. He then gestured him to enter and closed the door behind him.

 

When Ah In heard that Jae was back, he collected himself up and went to his wing. It was 2 months already when he secretly stopped drinking the medicine that Jae’s brother told him to drink and with that span of time, memories came flooding back to him. He was now curious with what was happening to his family on the other side.

 

Back to Jae’s room, Jae just stared at him analyzing him.

 

“What it is Ah In?” Jae asked him. Ah In sighed and stared at Jae.

“I was just going to ask how everyone is.” He said blankly. Jae just gave him another curious look and he seems like he’s checking if Ah In’s telling him the truth.

 

“I stopped drinking the medicine your brother gave me, mate. Secretly of course, wouldn’t want them to know that I wasn’t taking my medication. For the last 2 months, my memories started coming back and I somewhat felt that I’m getting better and back to normal. Just tell me how they are.” Ah In explained.

 

“Wait, what medicine? I didn’t know you’re sick.” Jae said. He was certainly shock to hear that Ah In was sick and needed medication. But when he looked at him, he understood what kind of medicine he was referring to. He then went to Ah In’s side and consoled him.

 

“Someone sent a harpy to kill Luhan and Lay. You do know who Lay is right?” Jae asked. Ah In just nodded.

 

“Neh, he’s Noona’s intended. I thought it was Tabi when I saw the tattoo but it seems that it was different after all. He was just a protector just like Kris. Well, I assumed no one died right?” He said.

 

“Well, you’re stubborn Noona went and slayed the harpy herself.” Jae continued. Ah In just gave Jae a look saying what do you expect, she’s powerful look. Jae just shook his head.

 

“Well, she may be powerful but she already drained most of her powers in saving mankind as we know it. She was barely fine when she attacked that thing.” As soon as Jae finished his statement, Ah In gasped and looked at him shocked.

 

“Aiiiissshh! Stubborn! She could’ve died!!” Ah In cursed. Jae was thankful that his room and the whole wing were soundproof. Jae then took Ah In’s arm and looked at him.

 

“I need to do this now or we won’t have a free chance anymore. Just, make sure that you’ll keep her safe.” Jae said, pulling his sleeves.

“What the heck are you saying, Jae?” Ah In asked. Jae continued writing something and without looking,

 

“I was planning to release you before but then my brother interfered. So now, I will do what I should have done before. Palli!! We don’t have much time!” Jae said. Ah In was reluctant to do what Jae said.

 

“You’re coming with me!! I can’t leave you here knowing you’ll die!” Ah In said. Jae nodded and chanted the spell.

 

Ah In and Jae opened their eyes and saw that they were in front of a condominium. Ah In stared at Jae and he was shock that he entered without anyone stopping him. Ah In then saw flashes everywhere and heard fans screaming for his name.

 

“Who lives here, mate?” Ah In asked. Jae stayed silent and pressed the button for the designated floor, he will just have to wait.

 

They arrived at the floor and Jae rang the bell. All of a sudden a familiar face greeted him. All he can do was to return the hug and cry at the same time.

 

Luhan heard someone rang the doorbell and saw Jae in the receiver end. He then opened the door and saw Jae with someone. All he can do was to rush to him and hug him.

 

“Hyung!!! You’re back!!” Luhan said. Ah In hugged him as well and started crying. Jae was just happy to see them when he felt something. All he can do was to kneel and scream in pain. Luhan and Ah In then saw Jae kneeling, Luhan gasped when he saw blood.

 

“HYUNG!!!! WHAT’S HAPPENING!!!” Luhan knelt in front of Jae. Jae was feeling weak and he was just blank when he saw blood in his hands. He then stared at Ah In and held his stomach to stop the bleeding. Ah In and Luhan helped Jae to stand and brought him inside. The EXO members were all shock to see their sunbaenim.

 

“Hyung, what happened?” D.O asked and his eyes widen when he saw that he was bleeding. He rushed to get a towel to help prevent the bleeding to worsen.

 

Lay was just watching Dara sleep and was her hair. He just hates it when he can’t seem to do anything for her. But then his attention was averted when he heard someone knock and suddenly the door opened forcibly. His gaze was deadly but then it softens when he saw Xiumin and Kai panting.

 

“Hyung, you need to hurry! They need you out there.” Xiumin said. He was confused with what they were saying but then Xiumin pulled him and was insisting that he needs to go with him.

 

I’ll take care of her, hyung. Go, they really need you. Jaejoong sunbaenim is bleeding nonstop and he needs you to heal him.” Kai said. Lay then looked at Dara and then walked out with Xiumin.

 

When Lay arrived at the sitting area, he saw almost all of them on the couch surrounding Jae. Luhan then saw Lay and told the rest to back off. Lay then examined Jae’s wound and then grabbed the cloth he used. He just closed his eyes and placed his hands on top of the wound. Jae saw what he was doing but was confused to why he hasn’t feel anything yet to think that he was chanting spells for almost a minute or so. Then he heard him sigh and sighing was never a good thing.

 

“I can’t heal this one. The black magic is too advance and powerful for me. In the meantime, I casted temporary protections spell to stop the bleeding but it won’t last that long. I need to check another spell book and understand the spell that made this. Just relax sunbaenim.” Lay said and stood up. Ah In then approached him and tapped his shoulder.

 

“Annyeong, you must be Lay? I’m Ah In by the way.” Ah In extended his hands and Lay shook it.

 

“I was just wondering with what you said awhile ago.” Ah In asked. Lay just gave him a cold stare and pulled him.

 

“You should’ve have brought him here. Because of what you did, he might die.” Lay told him. Ah In’s eyes widen with his revelation.

 

“Why would he die? I brought him here to save him instead of leaving him behind.” Ah In explained. Lay just closed his eyes.

 

“By doing that, it triggered the black magic in his system. By defying his family, he will have to die. He has a curse, given him being a royalty. You have to send him back to save him hyung.” Lay told him.

 

“They’ll kill him there!! Why can’t you just find something to heal him?” Ah In said. Lay just smirked at him.

 

“I was about to but you tapped my shoulder and asked questions.” Lay said. Ah In then chuckled and told him that he should go.

 

The other EXO members brought Jae inside one of the guest rooms. Tabi then arrived with Spinel and Cereberus. They both examined the wound and said the same assessment as Lay did earlier. So they were to wait for Lay to find a cure or a spell to lift the curse.

 

Kai was resting his head near the edge of Dara’s bed when he felt her sat. He then looked at her and saw her eyes all gray.

 

“Noona? Noona?” Kai started shaking her but his hands left her skin once he contacted it. It was as cold as ice and the room started to feel chilly.

 

“Wait here Noona, I’ll call the rest.” Kai said and stood up immediately.

 

Dara felt that Jae was just near the vicinity and she can sense that he’s hurt. She then thought to where he was and she suddenly appeared in a room.

 

She saw Jae lying down whilst holding his stomach. She then pulled his hands and he winced. Jae’s eyes widen when he saw Dara.

 

“Darong, No! Lay can find a cure you don’t have to do anything.” Jae pleaded. He knew that Dara was there to save him and will use her ability with dark magic. She hasn’t even had time to fully recover and now here she was, doing it again.

 

He then started screaming but he just can’t. Clearly Dara already planted everything.

 

“Darong, please just don’t. This can heal! Cerberus, Spinel and the rest are finding the cure. Lay is working on it as we speak.” Jae pleaded.

 

“They’ll take time, Jae and they won’t find it even they try. Please,  Just stay still.” Dara said. Jae was tearing up. He just nodded and Dara smiled at him.

 

The room became cold and he then saw the floor glowing. He then felt the warm aura coming from Dara’s hand and he noticed that three symbols glowed as she chants her spells.

 

Jae then screamed when Dara placed her hand in contact with his body. He was sweating and he can’t seem to breathe. But then just as the pain started it was gone that fast. The darkest of the room returned to its normal form as well as the temperature. He then saw the markings on his stomach vanishing.

 

Jae tried to sit and he was shocked when he sat easily then he saw Dara on the floor her head down and weak. He went to her side and placed her on the bed.

 

“You’re fine now.” That was all Dara said as darkest filled her.