CHAPTER 18 - NOX

A Cup of Earl Grey

Yoochun went out for a jog; he loved the fresh morning breeze as well as the birds’ chirping. As he was about to head inside, he heard a loud bang coming from the East Wing. Yoochun rushed inside and ran to the East Wing. 

As he was about to reach the hallway, he felt like someone was preventing him to pass. He kept pushing himself but there is something weird as if there was a force field in that wing. He was alarmed and went to the opposite wing to wake everyone else since he can't to anything. Oh Please, don't let anything happen to Dara 

Yoochun was about to knock TOP's door when he saw Leo on the far end of the hallway, standing and staring at him. Yoochun averted his eyes and pounded TOP's door. He was about to do one last row of pounding when all of a sudden, Leo was beside him pulling his hands. Yoochun then looked at Leo and was shocked when he saw his eyes obsidian and was clearly too pale.

 

"Leo honey? What is it?" Yoochun asked calmly. Leo then looked at him and then Yoochun felt a sudden gush of cold wind that penetrated the thin fabric of his t-shirt.

 

"What are you doing, hyung?" Leo asked with a cold stare matching with his cold voice. Yoochun felt chills and smiled at Leo.

 

"Well you see, hyung is worried. I can't seem to pass Noona's wing." Yoochun told Leo. What's the point lying to this lad, he's smarter beyond his years. 

 

Leo stared at him and held his hand. Yoochun felt the strong pull and just gave in. He was clearly confused to where and why is Leo pulling him. When they reached the connecting staircase, Leo stared at the hallway and pointed it to Yoochun.

 

"Yes Leo, Hyung can't p........." Yoochun was shocked when he saw Leo walked casually to the hallway, he then saw Leo stopped and turned to him.

 

"You're lying, hyung! kekekeke!" As Leo was laughing, Yoochun chills never disappeared but instead it was creepier than ever. He was staring at Leo running the hallway. Yoochun then took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He then took a step and another and then he opened his eyes and saw he was halfway the corridor.

 

"Hyung, I heard noises last night in Noona's room, you should check. I didn't get any sleep because of that. Annyeong hyung!" Just that, Leo skipped through the hallway and went downstairs. Yoochun then turned his back and went to Dara's room.

 

The feel of the doors were the same so he was thinking maybe it's because of the position of the room. He then entered the room and felt the sweet scent of air inside. He saw the big windows open and saw the sway of the curtains. He was mesmerized by the sight, he was about to reach the veranda when he tripped. He rubbed his knees and saw a weird looking drawing peeking the carpet.

The then pulled the carpet off and saw weird looking marks inside a circle.

 

"What the!!!!!!!!! Why is she using this mark?!!" Yoochun examined the drawing and approached Dara. There he saw a weird looking ruin in her arm, both of wrists clearly new marks. He then shook Dara waking her up. Dara right then woke up and was shock to see Yoochun in her room. Before she can utter a word.

 

"What the hell are you doing with that!" Yoochun then pointed the ruin imprinted on the floor. Dara just gave Yoochun a cold stare and went to pull the carpet back to its position.

 

"Dara! What is that dark marking on the floor?!" Yoochun shouted. 

 

"Good Morning to you too. It's nothing Chunnie." Dara then patted the carpet and smiled. Yoochun's anger boiled and pulled Dara.

 

"That is nothing Dara! I know that mark and it's certainly SOME-thing!" Yoochun shouted. Dara smiled and pinched his cheek.

 

"Well, no need to explain then." Dara then stared at him coldly and went to the bathroom. Yoochun stayed and told himself, “I’ll have to force her to tell what she’s trying to do.”

 

Dara then emerged and was taken aback by a sudden invisible force and looked at Yoochun. “Are you trying to get inside my mind? Well, tough luck you can’t.” Dara said.

 

“Dara, just tell me why you’re using this marking and I promise I won’t tell anyone what I saw.” Yoochun pleaded. Dara saw the desperation in Yoochun’s eyes and she took a deep breath and answered him.

 

“I need to protect them, Chunnie. I may not do so much but at least I can assure them that they’ll be safe. I know you’re afraid something bad may happen to me, but just trust me on this.” Dara said. Yoochun then closed his eyes and absorbed everything she said.

 

“They don’t need protection, we don’t need it. What’s important is for you to be safe and we will make sure nothing will happen to you.” Yoochun said.

 

“It’s not just you; I need to protect Ah In and Jae as well. They may not be here and you may say that it’s useless to do that, but their part of my family. I can sense that Luhan is worried for Ah In’s well-being I am as well and I’ll do anything in my power to protect him.” Dara said. Yoochun then hugged her and started crying. Dara smiled and comforted Yoochun as he cry on her shoulder.

 

“But, how can you access dark magic when you’re from the Light?” Yoochun said clearly confused. Dara then smiled at him and took a thick book and handed it to Yoochun. Yoochun’s eyes widen and as he was about to touch the book, Dara pulled his arm and touched his wrist. Yoochun at first was confused and then suddenly he felt pain from his wrist. He started screaming and he can feel the burn.

 

“Noona!!!! Let go!!! You’re hurting me!!” Yoochun shouted. After what feels like forever, Dara released Chunnie’s arm. Yoochun then felt a cold arm brushed his wrist and he can see a mark of some sort.

 

“Noona?” Yoochun asked. Dara just smiled at him and she fainted. He manages to catch Dara before she hits the floor. Yoochun then stared at Dara and brushed a strand of hair away from her face and he can see the dark circles under her eyes and how exhausted she was, he then traced it with his fingers and kissed her eyes. He smiled and shook his head. 

 

“What have you been doing Noona? You're starting to scare me.” Yoochun whispered as he tuck Dara in her bed.

 

----------------- SHADOW WORLD, KIM MANSION ----------------------------------

Jaejoong was waking the East wing when he heard someone talking, he was about to ignore them when he heard Ah In's name in the conversation. 

Guy 1 : That man Master Jae bought, isn't he an Everwreath? 

Guy 2 : He is! I'm not quite sure if we should trust that one though he can side with the Light once we attack them.

The two then disappeared with a pop. Jae then sunk down the floor and rested his head on the wall. He felt guilty for forcing Ah In to come with him. He knows that he was to make him choose he'll pick them hands down, and he doesn't want that. Ah In is crucial part of the team and he wants to succeed in this mission and that is to have Dara's power and Luhan's key in order to rise. Before he can stand, he suddenly felt a his wrist burn and within seconds a mark appeared. He gave the mark a puzzled look and ignored it.

Ah In was in his room, trying to process what the old man told him. He was angry when he remembered that his Father took him just to use him and he felt like his Noona and Luhan was part of the plan. He closed his eyes and reminisced.

 

FLASHBACK (Park-Everwreath Manor)

 

Ah In was holding his Father's hand tightly when he opened a huge door. His eyes widen with what he saw, the place was majestic. Everything seems to shine and was organize. As he was marvelling the ornaments everywhere, he saw someone on top of the staircase ; A beautiful lady who looks like a Goddess. He was about to smile when he saw her face, she wasn't happy and was giving him a displeasure look.

"You had the nerve to bring that boy here! Have you gone mad?!" She shouted. Ah In felt his Father tense and he released his hand.

"This boy is my son, dear and he'll be living with us." He said calmly. Ah In looked at the Goddess who seemed to turn into a harpy all of a sudden.

"And you except me to just welcome him?! Ha! You're mad!! I will not tolerate this madness!!" Just that the Lady disappeared. His father brought him in the library and told him to wait for him. He was busy reading "Romeo and Juliet" when he heard the door open. Expecting to see his Father, he smiled but it faded immediately when he saw a girl with her hair tied up in a ponytail wearing a pink night robe and was clutching a stuffed bunny. 

"Who are you?" The girl asked. Ah In was reluctant to answer her question because he was shy. The girl was clearly not patient as he saw the anger in her face.

"I'm asking you a question! Who are you!" That startled him. He then closed his book and placed it on the table.

"I......I......mm Ah In." He said. The girl's face then went blank. He was nervous now, he then saw a smile form in her face.

"Oh! Hi! My name is Dara and this is bunny, nice to meet you!" Dara stretched her hand and shook it and she also did the same action with her stuffed bunny. Ah In smiled at her, she was more beautiful than the lady he saw awhile ago.

As they were reading, the door opened and they saw a angry lady.

"Stay away from her Dara! He's a bad person!" Her mother shouted. She was about to grab Ah In when all of a sudden, Dara blocked her.

"Mommy, why would you say that? He's not bad. He may not be your son but he is Father's son and he is my brother. I won't let you hurt my brother Mommy, you just can't!" Dara shouted whilst removing her Mom's grip in Ah In's arm. Her mother was shock as well as Ah In.

"You just met him and your side is with him now?!" her mother said and she accidentally slapped the 7 year old Dara. Dara was shocked and her expression suddenly went blank. 

"My baby! I'm sorry! See what that boy made me do!" her mother said. 

"He didn't do anything, you slapped me with your free will. Come Ah In, I'll introduce Luhan to you." Dara then took Ah In's hand and left the library.  On that very moment, he felt that this girl infront of her loves her dearly and will do anything to protect him so he promised to himself that when he grows up he will protect her from anything.

-------------------- (END OF FLASHBACK) ----------------------

Ah In felt the tears running his eyes, he missed them so much especially her Noona who he loved the most. Just then, he felt a sudden burn on his wrist and after seconds he saw a weird looking mark engraved on his wrist. He examined the mark and was shock when it sudden glowed. A smile formed in his face and kissed his new mark. I love you Noona. 

 

She can hear the owls and the scratch of the branches outside. The glow inside the room then started fading and she let out a big sigh. She was happy and contented that she has accomplished her deed for that day. She covered the floor and closed her black book. She ignored the dripping blood coming from her wrist and went straight to bed. Her smile was so radiant as she closed her eyes, moonlight shining and touching her porcelain skin before she can go to dreamland, she uttered a spell and a pink bunny appeared in her bed. She hugged it and went fast asleep not thinking what the outcome may be with the things she had done.

 

------------------------------------------------- A LITTLE MORE PUSH AND I CAN FINISH THIS STORY ------------------------------------------------