CHAPTER 26 - NEW ALLY

A Cup of Earl Grey

Jinwoo was running, turning from left to right, going up and down the stairs.  He hid himself in one of the corners and saw his brother’s men still searching for him. When he felt that he was safe, he looked in each side before he dashed out.

 

When he reached the gates he heard someone coming, so he apparate. He then stumbled on a room and dusted his clothes. He was still wearing his suit. He was about to stand up when he felt something on his left arm, he then placed his hand and saw that it was bleeding. There were other parts that ache but he just ignored it and forced himself to stand. He then managed to leave the room and saw a ruin that he recognized. He then pushed the furniture that covered the ruin and wiped the dusts. He then started chanting and the mark glowed. When he felt that it was the right time, he closed his eyes and called out his destination; EVERWREATH MANOR.

 

Inside her room, Dara suddenly woke up. She then stood up and went to Ah In’s room. But just before she opens the door, she felt someone staring at her.

 

“You need anything Noona?” Ah In asked. Dara just dropped her hand and turned to Ah In.

 

“I think we need to go back. Someone’s in our Manor.” Dara said. Ah In just stared at her, confused.

 

“If someone is there, I’m sure the helpers and the care takers would have told us.” Ah In said.

 

“If they see him. He’s weak and he has the same aura as you and Jae. I’ll check it then, just tell Lay and the others that I just went for a walk.” Dara said and as she was about to pass Ah In and proceeds to her room, he held her arm.

 

“What makes you think that I’ll let you go there alone?” Ah In said.

 

“If you want me to bring someone, wake Jae for me.” Dara said and resumed walking.

 

“Why him Noona?” Ah In asked.

 

“I think, this guy is related to him.” Dara said coldly and turned. Ah In was frozen on his spot and was now thinking who the person will be. If it’s Jae’s older brother who altered his memory and did something to him, he needs to be with her and Jae. But what if it’s someone else? He was getting confused. But before he can wake everyone else, he proceeds to Jae’s room.

 

When Ah In entered the room, Jae was already dressed and was in the middle of putting his hoodie on.

 

“I was about to leave. Why Ah In?” Jae asked.

 

“Where are off to this hour?” Ah In asked.

 

“I felt Jinwoo’s presence and I need to find him. I feel he’s hurt and I need to see him right away.” He explained without looking at Ah In.

 

“But, Noona wants you to accompany her back to the Manor as she felt a presence there. She said, he has the same aura as the both of us and she also feels that he’s related to you.” Ah In said. Jae just stopped and averted his attention to Ah In.

 

“Moreugesseumnida (I don’t understand).” Jae asked.

 

“Just accompany her and you can ask her that yourself. For now, she’s waiting for you. Palli! We don’t one anyone waking up with your questions.” Ah In said. Jae nodded and left the room. He then went to Dara’s room and saw it was open.

 

“Darong? “ He called out. He was startled when he saw someone standing next the huge window.

 

“Good, you’re here. We need to go now!” Dara said. Jae nodded and took Dara’s hand and apparated to their Manor.

 

“Madam! You’re back! Where are master Ah In and Luhan?” One of the helpers said. Dara just hugged her and smiled.

 

“Miss Griffin, did someone come earlier?” Dara asked.

 

“None madam. Why? Were you expecting someone?” Miss Griffin asked. Dara just shook her head and excused herself.

 

“By the way Miss Griffin, this is Kim Jaejoong. He’s one of Ah In’s friend so, when he comes back next time you can distinguish him right away.” Dara said. Miss Griffin smiled and shook his hands. The duo the excused themselves and went to their destination.

 

“Why are we still here? You heard Miss Griffin.” Jae said.

 

“He didn’t use the door. And I know Ah In told you that he has the same aura as the both of you meaning, he’s one of your kind. I also mentioned to him that he’s related to you, because he is. You don’t want Jinwoo to die now do you?” Dara said. Jae’s face whiten and just gave Dara a wide-eyed look.

 

“How in the world did you know about Jinwoo? I haven’t mentioned him to anyone!” Jae said loudly.

 

He’s proud to have Jinwoo as a brother but his other brothers don’t recognize him, even his Father. Her mother came one day with Jinwoo and said that he was her child. Father was furious and wanted Jinwoo out of the house but since he loves Mother, he agreed. His 2 older brothers would bully him and treated him as a servant and that made Jae pity him. He helped him for pity at first but when he learned that Jinwoo wasn’t different from them, that he’s powerful as they are; he helped him handle his powers and ended up being close. He became Jinwoo’s protector and of course, his brother. When his older brothers knew about what Jinwoo can do as well as their Father, they welcomed him and harnessed his powers to follow them, but Jinwoo disagreed with what their intentions are. He was then sent to rot in the dungeons and when Mother would ask his whereabouts, Father will always say that he gave him a mission which made his Mother happy for his approval.

 

“WE NEED TO FIND HIM NOW!” Jae shouted and started tearing up. He was injured and was somewhere inside this colossal manor. Dara then comforted him.

 

“He’s in my study. I think he used the ruin on the old Family Manor.” Dara said. Jae rushed to the study and saw Jinwoo on top of the fading ruin, bleeding.

 

He rushed to him and held him into his arms.

 

“Jinwoo? Jinwoo? It’s hyung, wake up.” Jae said. Dara then appeared and told him to let go of him so she can assess the damage.

 

“I need you to go to the next room and take the black trunk.” She told Jae. Jae then stands up and left. He then saw the closest room and opened it. He saw the black trunk immediately since it’s the onlty thing inside it. It was way too heavy for him to carry so he dragged it instead.

 

When he entered the study, she saw Jinwoo’s bleeding side and his arms. He collapsed with what he saw, his delicate brother’s porcelain skin was now covered with wounds and blood. He approached with the black trunk.

 

“I need your necklace Jae and kindly wait for me outside?” She said. Jae nodded and gave Dara his necklace.

 

“Can I ask you something?” Jae said. Dara then turned to him and nodded.

 

“How did you know about Jinwoo?” Jae asked.

 

“I just felt that he is and well, you said he was.” Dara said.

 

“But the name, how did you know his name? I’m sure your powers can’t pick that up as well.” Jae said.

 

“But it did, innit? I saw him in one of my dreams asking for help and I heard his name.” Dara said. Jae was still confused but nodded. He doesn’t want to delay her or whatever it is Dara will do. He can ask her later when she’s done. For now, he’ll just have to wait.

 

In the EXO dorm, Kris woke up and was sweating. He then took his jacket and went to where Ah In and the rest are staying. The condominium where EXO was staying has a huge penthouse which Dara decided to buy when she heard about it. It was beneficial for everyone since it was near EXO. He then rushed to the floor since its just 5 floors away. He then reached the door but when he was about to open it, Ah In was swinged the door.

 

“I was actually expecting Lay or Luhan. But, what brings you here?” Ah In asked. Kris was still panting and was trying to catch his breath since he ran 5 floors high. Ah In just chuckled and gestured him to the sitting room. He went to the kitchen to get some water for Kris.

 

“You can use the elevator, you know.” Ah In said.

 

“But waiting for it will take time and exercise in the morning is healthy for you.” Kris explained.

 

“4 in the morning? Arrasso. Now tell me, what brings you here?” Ah In asked.

 

“I sensed Dara Noona’s using her dark powers again. So, I came here to check but seeing that you’re all…. Ah In hyung?” Kris stopped his ranting when he saw Ah In’s eyes widen and well, it was a good thing that he took the glass of water away from his because there’s a possibility that he might drop it.

 

“Wha…t did you say?” Ah In asked.

 

“I….well, I sensed that she’s using her dark powers again. She’s here, right?” Kris said. Ah In then went to the couch near him and tried to calm himself.

 

Kris then sensed something wasn’t right. So he took his chance to explore the loft while Ah In is in frozen mode. He then went straight to Dara’s room and saw the door open. He then pushed it and saw Dara wasn’t there, he even went inside to search the inside. He then panicked and went to the other rooms. The other room was locked but Jae’s room wasn’t, so he opened it and saw he was not there as well. He then went back to the sitting room and shook Ah In.

 

“Hyung! Dara Noona and Jae hyung are not in their rooms! She’s using her dark powers again! We need to find them!” Kris was shouting at Ah In. He then saw that he wasn’t responding, he set off and was heading for the door to tell Lay and Luhan when all of a sudden someone pulled him and all he can see was a black smoke. When he opened his eyes, he saw that they were now in front of their Manor. Kris then saw Ah In walking so he decided to just apparate to the inside.

 

“If you’re trying to use the apparate, that won’t work here. Dara Noona has sealed it and we can only use that outside. Palli!” Ah In shouted.

 

Kris then ran and followed Ah In inside. Once he entered the house, he was greeted by the present helpers and then he heard someone shouting his name.

 

“Omo! Master Ah In! Orenmanida(Long time no see)! Who’s coming next, young master Luhan?! And who is this fine gentleman with you?” Miss Griffin asked.

 

“Hello, I’m Kris Wu.” Kris said and bowed. Miss Griffin smiled at him and hugged him.

 

“What it is with the two of you bringing handsome gentlemen? Madam Dara with Mr. Jaejoong and you with Mr. Kris. Hehehe. If you’re looking for Madam, she’s in her study.” Miss Griffin. The two thanked her and went to the said location. As they were approaching the room, they saw Jae outside with his hands on his face.

 

“Jae? What happened?” Ah In asked. Kris was looking around and was about to open the room when Jaw shouted.

 

“NOOO! DON’T GO IN! DARA SAID NOT TO ENTER! SHE’LL COME OUT AFTER SHE’S DONE WITH HER TASK.” Jae shouted which startled them both. Kris then stepped back and went to his hyungs.

 

“BUT SHE’S USING DARK MAGIC AGAIN, HYUNG! WE HAVE TO STOP HER!” Kris shouted, all worried.

 

“I know, but it’s the only way to help my brother.” Jae said. Ah In’s eyes widen as well as Kris’.

 

“THEN WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU LEAVE HIM WITH NOONA?! AND WHY IS SHE HELPING HIM?! DID SHE FORGET THAT HE’S THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?!! WE NEED TO STOP HER NOW!!” Ah In shouted and was about to barge with Kris when they heard Jae said something that made them stopped.

 

“Would you kindly repeat that?” Ah In asked.

 

“Not that brother, my younger brother.” Jae said softly.

 

“I thought you’re the maknae, hyung.” Kris said. Ah In nodded in agreement.

 

“Well, I didn’t mention it to anyone coz it’s not that important because he’s not living in the human realm but the shadow world.” Jae explained.

 

“How long has she been in there?” Ah In asked.

 

“I don’t know. Around 30 minutes or so, I’m not counting.” Jae said. Kris just stared at him and went to sit beside him.

 

“Everything will be fine, hyung. Dara Noona will do her best to help.” Kris said. Ah In sat as well.

 

They heard the door open and saw a guy standing.

 

“Hyung?” He said. Jae then looked and saw his brother standing and all better. He saw the scars which faded but you can see a light sight of it but everything is healed. He also saw some bandages in his left hand and shoulder. He rushed to him and hugged him, but avoided the parts that have bandages.

 

“Jinwoo, my brother. You’re alright! You had me worried.” Jae said. Jinwoo lightly hugged him.

 

“Dara Noona made me better. I don’t think I can survive if she didn’t help me.” Jinwoo said. As he said that, Dara emerged and Kris as well as Ah In rushed to her.

 

“Noona! Are you alright?” Kris said and hugged her. Dara nodded and pointed to the black trunk inside the room.

 

“Ah In darling please return that trunk.” Dara said sweetly. Ah In just shook his head and went inside.

 

“Eh Kris, why are you here?” Dara asked.

 

“Omo! I forgot! I need to go back to the dorm! Wait, you have to come as well Noona. You’re performing your comeback song Falling in Love today.” Kris said. Dara then looked at him. She also forgot that she has to come back as well for 2NE1’s comeback on M-Countdown.  She then approached the Kim siblings and saw Ah In.

 

“I need to get back. Ah In will tour you around the Manor and Jinwoo can stay at our Loft if he wishes to come to Korea. Kris and I will just apparate from here; we don’t want to cause a fuss when we arrive together in the airport. Just take it slow Jinwoo, arrasso? Take care.” She then placed something on Jinwoo’s bandages and looked at both Ah In and Jae.

 

“Take the bandages out after 10 minutes. He won’t need it. We’ll go ahead. Have fun!” Dara then went to Kris and both of then disappeared with a pop.

 

They both arrived to their location and once Kris’ touched the floor, he stared at Dara.

 

“Ah In hyung told me we can’t apparate inside? How come you can do it?” Kris asked.

 

“Are you seriously asking me that? Kekekeke. You can apparate inside but I choose to Luhan and Ah In that they can’t so they won’t use it to their advantage. You don’t know how much trouble they make when they apparate. They sometimes end up breaking things or worst, falling somewhere. You better go now, you don’t want Suho scolding you. You know, I’m buffled by this. You’re a leader as well but why follow Suho?” Dara said. Kris just stared at her and laughed.

 

“He’s the leader when we are EXO, I’m just the leader when we promote separately.” Kris explained. Dara nodded and waved to Kris. Kris then went to their dorm and when he entered, no one is inside anymore. He went straight to the refrigerator since that’s where they usual place notes and he saw a single post-it plastered on it.

 

BE IN THE M-COUNTDOWN STUDIO ONCE YOU READ THIS NOTE.

P.S SUHO IS FURIOUS WITH YOU, WHERE DID YOU GO?

 

Kris just shook his head and prepared. He then took his mobile phone out and dialed Dara’s number.

 

“Neh?” Dara asked.

 

“Noona, are you still in your loft?” He asked.

 

“Nope, I’m on the car park right now. Waeyo?” Dara said.

 

“Wait for me, arrasso? They left me.” Kris said. He heard her laughing and told him that she’ll wait for him. Luckily, when closed the door the elevator was on their floor.

 

He reached the basement and saw Dara’s black Jaguar.

 

“Let’s go!” Kris and Dara chanted. It was a good thing that they were both scheduled for M-Countdown.

 

Dara told Kris to alight the car first to avoid anyone seeing them. Kris hugged Dara and so did she and he stepped out. He rushed to the concierge and asked where EXO’s waiting room is. Once he entered, Suho was scolding him and the rest of the members were laughing.

 

While waiting for their performance, the screen showed the comeback stages. They waited patiently for 2NE1’s stage. The song was awesome, as well as the stage. They sang along with it, shocking the staffs and their manager. Just before they leave, a knock on the door stopped them. When the manager opened it, he saw Dara.

 

“Oh, Dara you’re….. I me..an 2NE1’s comeback song is daebak.” Their manager said.

 

“Thanks for liking. Is it possible to excuse Lay for awhile?” Dara asked. Manager-nim smiled and nodded since EXO has told him everything. He was first shock and was not convinced but when Luhan, Lay and Kris showed it, that was the time he was convinced.

 

The manager then called Lay’s attention and as Lay saw who it was, he excused himself and took Dara’s hand and left the room.

 

“What is it?” Lay asked.

 

“Are you alright? No fever?” She asked. Lay just gave him a sweet smile and hugged her. She hugged him back and she felt him kissed her forehead. Well, they’re not worried about anyone seeing coz Dara made sure no one will.

 

“I’m okay, so stop worrying. I know you used your dark powers again and saw the person you’re healing. I can feel that you’re managing well when you use them now. Your powers usually drain when you use them, right?” Lay said.

 

“Neh. But well, I manage. I made it a point that I can use it to my advantage this time. Well, I was only checking if it affected you in a negative way. But seeing you all better, that’s fine with me.” Dara said. Lay then released them from the hug and took her hand and led her to the waiting room.

 

“Luhan’s looking for you all morning when he saw Kris was missing. He even went to your loft and Cerberus and Nox said that you went with Kris, Jae and Ah In somewhere.” Lay said. Dara just smiled at him and went to Luhan and hugged him. Luhan smiled at him and the rest of EXO were now chatting with her. Lay then approached Kris and tapped his shoulders.

 

“You got things to explain to me later.” Lay said. Kris just stared at him and nodded.