CHAPTER 29 - THE SHAPE SHIFTER

A Cup of Earl Grey

Luhan tried sleeping what with what just happened and with Kris’s revelation, he can’t seem to close his eyes. He then went out of his room and went to the kitchen. He checked everyone and saw that every EXO member were there. He was about to go back inside his room when he heard the door open. He then hid behind the sofa and took a peek. He then saw someone went in but he can’t see who it was. He tried waiting for him to enter a room since he knows which room is which but it took that person quite a number of minutes before he emerge back. He can’t wait for him so he just shrugged his shoulders and went inside his shared room with Kris.

 

The next morning, He was the first one to get up and he checked if their manager is already up. He then saw him looking through his laptop and was checking their schedules. He then approached him.

 

“Uhm, Manager-nim can I talk to you for a second?” Luhan asked. Their manager nodded and closed his laptop.

“What is it Luhan?” Their manager asked him.

“I woke around 2 in the morning and I saw someone went in. I didn’t know who it was since it was dark and well, he was taking too much time in the kitchen so I didn’t wait for him.” Luhan told him. His manager then re-opened his laptop and went to everyone’s schedule.

“No one has a schedule that packed up late. But, I’ll check the other managers if one of you guys had a schedule I forgot to note. Thank you Luhan.” Their manager said. Luhan nodded and took some bread and went back to their room.

As he entered the room, he just realized that Kris’s bed was neatly done. His eyes widened and checked the bathroom and when he didn’t find him there, he rushed back out.

“Where’s Kris?” Luhan asked.

“Oh, I told him to buy something. Groceries and some other things needed. Why? Didn’t you see him?” Their manager asked. He shook his head and asked their manager if he can just go upstairs to her sister. Lay then emerged and said Good Morning to Luhan.

“Oh Lay, I’m going to Dara Noona. You want to come with me?” He asked him. Lay just shook his head no and went to the kitchen. Luhan was confused but ignored it. He can ask his nooona later.

 

He then went to the topmost floor and knocked. TOP was the one who opened it.

“Oh Luhan, Good Morning. Dara is on the patio if you’re looking for her.” TOP said. Luhan nodded and went to the patio.

He then saw his Noona and went to hug her.

“Hey! Good Morning! You’re early, what’s up?” Dara asked her as she hugged him back.

“Is there something wrong between you and Lay? He seemed cold and well, I don’t know.”Luhan asked her. Dara smiled and kissed his cheek.

“Well, as of today Lay and I are no longer attached in some way.” Dara said. Luhan was shock and stood up.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?!!!!YOU TOOK YOUR BONDING SPELL OFF???!! WHY?!!” Luhan was now shouting. He can’t understand why.

“Luhan what’s…..”Jaejoong and Ah In was taken aback when the sliding door suddenly closed and it won’t open.

“YAH LUHAN!! OPEN THIS UP!!!” Ah In shouted.

“Why are you so mad, Luhan?” Dara asked calmly whilst sipping her tea.

“WHY SHOULD I NOT BE MAD NOONA?!! YOU TELL ME!!” Luhan shouted at her. She then set her teacup down and looked at Luhan.

“Would really like to know? I don’t think you want to since you’re all hysterical.” Dara told him. Luhan looked at her and saw how calm her sister was. He was then tried to calm down and he saw the way his noona looked at him.

“I’m sorry. I just….” Luhan said and he sat down. Dara then poured herself some tea and she took one teacup and poured some for Luhan as well. The door then opened and Ah In, Jaejoong and TOP went inside. They went straight to Dara and checked her.

“WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU LUHAN?!!!HOW DARE YOU RAISE YOUR VOICE TO OUR NOONA?!!” Ah In grabbed Luhan by the collar.

Luhan was terrified because he knows what his brother can do to him and well, they were at the patio so there’s a possibility that he’ll throw him outside.

“If you guys want to fight or something, you can just get out my sight coz’ well, you’re ruining my breakfast.” Dara said. All of them were sudden quiet because of the cold way she delivered her words.

“My sweet Luhan, I made it so I won’t bother Lay if ever I die soon. I want him to be free from this thing he has with me and live his life.” Dara told him and the rest of them while she was drinking her tea and eating her breakfast.

“You won’t die so…” Jaejoong said. Dara smiled at him and laughed.

“Oh, I don’t know about that. But whatever makes you guys happy, alright then. Let’s eat breakfast in peace.” Dara told them and they all ate in silence. Luhan bid farewell and before he can leave, Dara called him.

“You’ll understand soon, baby. So don’t hate me arrasso? I love you and will always do.” Dara kissed her baby and went inside but before she can go in Luhan spoke.

“Noona, don’t say that. I understand what you did, well sorta but I’ll understand soon.” Luhan told her. Dara smiled and hugged him.

“You’re growing up so fast and I’m proud of you. I’m proud as well since the day you decided to come with Ah In here in Korea to pursue your dream and now you’re know now.” Dara told him.

“And you as well, 2NE1 member! I hate seeing those fanboys telling on the telly that they like you and even broadcast it to the whole world that you’re their ideal type.” Luhan said and pouted.

“Oh hi Luhan!” Luhan was startled and he saw the rest of the 2NE1 members on the back.

“Oh, annyeong Noonas! I’m just about to leave since we have a schedule today.” Luhan said.

“Oh, for Overdose? I LOVE THAT SONG! BUT IN CHINESE!!” Dara said. Luhan smiled and the rest laughed.

“Oh, we’ll be doing a special stage today as well.” Minzy said.

“Well, see you guys then.” Luhan said and left.

 

SBS INKIGAYO

The fans were with their signs and banners and were screaming.

(LINE-UP OF ARTISTS: 4 MINUTE, AKMU, VIXX, INFINITE, ZE:A, TOPPDOGG, JUNHYOSEONG, AND EXO

COME BACK STAGE: BEAST, TAEYANG, BOYFRIEND AND GOT7

SPECIAL STAGE: 2NE1)

 

EXO’S WAITING ROOM:

The boys were preparing for the stage since it’ll be the first stage with all 12 of them (I love them all so, yah! XD)

 

“The songs you’ll be singing are Moonlight then Overdose.” Their manager said. They all nodded and went back preparing. Just then, the door opened and the TTS and Jessica went inside.

“Fighting EXO!” Jessica and Tiffany said.

“Good luck with your special stage sunbaenims.” Baekhyun and Suho said. The four waved and bowed to them and went back out.

“That was weird.” Xiumin whispered to Luhan.

“What is?” Luhan asked.

“Them coming here.” Xiumin said.

“They don’t usually come and give us encouragement. Remember when we had the same promotions as them? They didn’t even come here to show their support to us and when we went to their waiting room it seems like they don’t want us there and now. What changed?!!” Xiumin added.

Luhan saw Baekhyun’s expression upon hearing what Xiumin said. He then approached Baekhyun and whispered to his ear..

“You’re too obvious.” Luhan whispered and left him dumbfounded and rooted to his spot. Luhan then went to Lay.

“Hey.” Luhan said.

“Hey Luhan, what’s up? About this morning, I wasn’t mad or anything I was well I don’t know. Dara telling me that he took the spell between us off is really… but I understand her intensions now. I hope you do too.” Lay told him.

 

The show started and the line-up comes out one-by-one. From the EXO waiting room, all of them were watching the stage.

 

“Oh they’re starting with the Comeback Stages. Oh! Taeyang sunbaenim!!!” Kai said.

“Wow the stage!!” Suho and Sehun stage.

They all watched Taeyang sang his song and were in awe when they saw G-Dragon appeared on stage and sang the next song.

The stage then turned black and the scream of the fans were heard.

Then all of a sudden, the lights opened one by one.

“Oh, isn’t that Hello by N’UEST playing?” D.O said. They all went to listen it carefully.

“Oh it is!” Chen said.

 

SPECIAL STAGE – HELLO x LONELY MASHUP

(N’UEST’x 2NE1)

After the stage, the lights were off again and the next act came up.

Inside EXO’s waiting room, the members were silent by the perfection of the mash-up.

 

YG SPECIAL STAGE – I AM THE BEST x FANTASTIC BABY

(HERE’S THE LINK SO YOU CAN ALL LISTEN TO IT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-BUgPU3u9g credits djNicoWuzHere)

 

The fans screamed as 2NE1 and Bigbang entered the stage and killed it with their mash-up. Inside the EXO’s waiting room, were screaming as well. They stopped screaming when they when a staff knocked and told them to prepare.

 

As they were approaching the stage, they can hear the staffs still talking about the mash-up between 2NE1 and Bigbang. Then they heard one staff said….

 

“I don’t think someone can top that mash-up! That was pure perfection!! And they sang it live!!” One staff said.

“They never lip-synch so what’s new!” The other added.

“I don’t think no one can do it like them! They have too many badass songs and it’s like a party!” The other said. They continued chattering about the performance even the rookie groups who were there were talking about it.

 

 

They performed Moonlight in Chinese and Overdose in Korean. The fans were singing along and the scream ended the last part of the song. They went down the stage and the Winner was announced, it was between Infinite and VIXX and Infinite won.

 

They were about to leave the studio when Xiumin saw someone.

“Oh, isn’t he Kang Dong won sunbaenim?” Xiumin said.

All of them stopped and bowed to him.

“Oh, you’re EXO right? I didn’t know you have this much fans. But can I excuse Kris for a while?” He said. All of them then looked at Kris and their manager just nodded. All of them left and Luhan giving them a weird look.

“I didn’t know that Kang Dong won sunbaenim knows Kris.”Sehun said. All of them ignored him and closed their eyes since they need to go to the next schedule and the drive was the only time they can take a nap.

 

INSIDE A RESTAURANT

The place doesn’t really have that much people since it’s quite hidden and it’s one of the most expensive café in the area. Kris isn’t a patient man so as they sit, Kris asked him right away.

 

“Haven’t I made myself clear that I don’t want to talk to you or to do anything about you? Why do keep on pestering me?” Kris asked.

“So impatient I see.” Dong won said.

“I need to be somewhere and I’m busy. So, if we’ll just talk nonsense then good bye.” Kris said as he stands up. Before he can even pass Dong won..

“I can help you get rid of Lay you know.” Dong won said. Kris stopped and looked at Dong won.

“Excuse me?” Kris asked.

Dong won sipped from his cup and repeated what he said.

“I know you’re interested with Dara Park. Who wouldn’t right? And I know that the only thing keeping you from having her is that Lay chingu of yours. I heard about him and how he is bonded with Dara.” He explained. Kris then let out a laugh.

“As much as I like the sound of that offer, you forgot that when you take Lay’s life, you’ll be killing Dara as well. So it’s quite useless.” Kris told him and was about to resume walking. But then Dong won released a statement that made Kris’s eyes widen.

“Dark magic is always the solution. I also heard that Dara is somewhat immune to that. I can use dark magic to your chingu so it won’t affect Dara in any way.” He explained to him. Kris then was frozen from his spot and Dong won saw that and smirked.

“I see that I opened your interest my dear cousin. Why don’t you sit down for a minute and we can discuss this further.” Dong won told him.

“What do you want in return?” Kris said all of a sudden.

“What?” Dong won asked.

“I said, what do you want in return for that offer you’re proportioning,” He told him. Dong won smirked.

“If I knew that this was the only way I can make you listen to me, I should’ve used it earlier. Well, all I ask is for you to come back and fulfill your task.” Dong won said.

“To be on my side when the war comes.” Dong won added.

“That’s it? You want me on your side? I thought you said you’re powerful? Why do you need me then? But whatever. Get rid of Lay first.” Kris said. Dong won smiled and nodded. He then took his hand and shook it. Kris then went to the bathroom to freshen up so he can go straight to their venue suddenly he saw Dong won’s friend entered. A smirked formed in his face.

 

Minutes later, Dong won’s friend emerges approaching the now mad Dong won.

“What took you so long?” Dong won asked.

“I just did some business there and it’s really not an easy task you know! I was holding it for a long time!” Dong won’s friend explained. Dong won just gave him a disgusting look and they resumed eating.

“Will you really help him? Or you’re just messing up with him?” Dong won’s friend asked. He then smirked.

“ Of course I won’t help him! I’ll kill Lay so that Kris will think that I did that for him and he’ll help with the things I need and once I no longer have use of him, I’ll dispose him as well. I never knew that he’ll be that stupid to even believe me.” Dong won said.

“Then what about that Dara girl then?” Dong won’s friend said.

“She’s a catch if you haven’t seen her and she’s the perfect girl I need.” Dong won answered him. As they finished eating, Dong won got a called telling him to meet his manager since they’ll be having a conference for the new movie he is starring.

“I need to go ahead. See you then.” Dong won said and left his friend not knowing that as he went inside outside, he didn’t see the smirk that formed on his face.

“Who’s the pabo now, cousin?” His friend said. He then changed back to his real identity revealing his blond hair and the smirk on his face never left.