CHAPTER 7 - RUNNING MAN SPECIAL PART 1

A Cup of Earl Grey

A WINK OF COFFEE CAFE, SEOUL (NEAR YG)

Ah In was starting to lose his patience. It was already 5 minutes pass 8 in the morning. I can't wait for them forever, I need to open this cafe! Geez where are they? 

Ah In was about to stand up when he heard someone knocking. He then sigh finally! He then approach the door and was shock to see a man standing outside. Puzzled he opened the door and escorted him in. Maybe he's the Running Man representative. Oh well! 

"I would just like to apologize for arriving late. I was not informed that we'll be meeting in this branch, I accidentally went to the branch near SM Entertainment. I'm Ryo Nishikido by the way, COO of Jace Luka Co., I'll be representing for the company." 

Ah In stared at him, figures. He then starts examining him.

"Where's Noona? She forgot to tell me that a representative will be here instead of her." He said arrograntly. Ryo just gave him a puzzled look and remained silent.

"Instead of giving me a crappy and worthless reason, why don't you just tell the truth. She forgot to tell you that I can sense someone who lies. So cut to the case and tell me." Ah In said coldly. Ryo stared at him and smirked.

"She actually told me to lie. Well since you wanted the truth, alright then. She went to fetch Leo, you do know who Leo is right? Anyway, she informed that she'll try to follow and that I should go first in case she can't make it. There you go, satisfied?" Ryo told him. I can't quite put my finger if I should believe what he's saying. But one thing's for sure, Noona trained him before meeting me. Ah In just nodded and excused himself.

After a minute, he then came back with a tray full of biscuits and two types of tea. As he finish setting the tea set down he heard a knock. He then averted his attention to the door and saw two men. Finally. He then opened the door and again, escorted them to the table.

(The rest of this part will be in dialogue format)

Director and PD : We are so sorry, Ah In. We forgot that we'll be meeting in this branch not the one near SM Entertainment.

Ah In just nodded and excuse himself to get additional drinks for the two new visitors. His employee's started to arrive one by one and were all busy cleaning and preparing for their opening. Ah In then came back with to iced latte and gave it to the Director and PD.

Ah In : By the way, this is Ryo Nishikido COO of Jace Luka Co., the company that Running Man will be shooting.

Ryo then stood up and bowed after introducing himself. The Director and PD did the same as well. 

Director : I was actually hoping to see your boss today because we wanted to know the limitations and house rules in your company. 

Ryo : My boss told me that you can do whatever you want to make this episode facinating and enjoyable. There will be no limitations and rules, feel free to do anything it is you want.

The Director, PD and Ah In gave him shock faces and wide eyes as response. Ryo just smiled in return.

Ryo : I think I need to sign an authorization or contract of some kind am I right? 

The PD then gave him the contract and Ryo examined it. He then grab something from his bag, a fountain pen and signed the contract. He then handed the it the PD and shook his hands.

Ryo : Kindly tell me beforehand with the plans you want so I can advise the employees to what they should do. Here is my card.

The Director then accepted the card. Ryo then bowed one last time and bid his farewell not long after he left the PD and Director thanked Ah In for his help and left the cafe. Ah In the started arranging the chairs and instructed one of his employee to turn the sign board so they can start working. 

======== DAY OF THE BROADCAST =========

 

SBS BUILDING

Jaesuk was the first one to arrive in the location. The PD then appointed him as the leader for the first team. He then told Jaesuk to pick a block inside the box, he drew a blue block which means he'll be the Blue Team's Leader. He was also instructed to be quiet about it because this will be used to know the other members groups.

Jong kook arrived second and was automatically assigned as the leader of the other team which is Red. The other members started arriving one by one and was instructed to pick a block inside the box.

REDTEAM : (JONG KOOK) Ji Hyo, Suk Jin and Gary

BLUETEAM : (JAESUK) Kwangsoo and Haha

PD : Today's mission is to find the Ace as well as the ultimate Chaebol. You are assigned in teams but we will find out who will be the mission and the defense team once we arrive in the location.

Haha : Where do you think we'll be going? 

Gary : I have no idea.

Jong kook on the other is starting to think of what the possible mission is. Then they heard Ji Hyo

Ji Hyo : I think we're going to Busan.

Kwangsoo : What gave you that idea, Noona?

Ji Hyo then threw a piece of paper to Kwangsoo. Written on the card was :

Today you'll be going to Busan. 

The members then thought of possible missions like chasing seagulls, collecting prawns and so one anything related to seafood. The were busy exchanging ideas when the bus suddenly stops.

PD : Please come out here.

Jaesuk then went infront followed by his teammates Kwangsoo and Haha. Jong kook then assembled his team as well they were all dumbfounded including the PDs and the staffs. How can they have this kind of building in the depths of Busan.

Before they can enter, they were greeted by someone.

"Annyeong haseyo yoreobo, I'm Ryo Nishikido and welcome to Jace Luka Co., I'll be giving your mission as well as instructions. Please follow me." He then escorted everyone inside. Once he opened the door, everyone was shocked to see what's inside.

"This is the main concierge of Jace Luka Co., Jace Luka Co., is actually based in London and we currently have 7 main branches from different continents. Jace Luka picked Busan because of the quiet and peaceful atmosphere. Jace Luka Bag Emporium is one of the most famous brand. We've collaborated with MCM, Kate Spade, Tom Ford, Nine West, Michael Kors and Chanel. For this mission, you'll be divided into mission and defense team. One team will have the advantage. They'll be questions that you need to answer and every wrong answer will cost you a member. The guests are actually partnered with someone. I wish you all the luck and may the best team wins." Ryo then bowed and the members applaud.

PD : I hope you remembered what he said. Before we distinguish who the Mission and Defense team, you have to do a mission. Each team will have to find 2 guests each inside this floor. Whoever brings their guests first will have the first clue and the losing team will have to stay behind for 2 minutes. GO!

The teams then rushed to find the guests (Guests : Ah In and TOP, Choi Jin-Hyuk and Siwon) 

BLUE TEAM:

NARNIA ROOM, WEST WING

Kwangsoo went inside and stared at the room. 

Kwangsoo : This place is amazing, it looks different from th... I think someone moved (he whispered) he then pointed to the left shelf and the camera focused it. 

Kwangsoo then moved closer. He was about to grab him when the man suddenly faced him.

Kwangsoo jumped and the guy laughed.

Kwangsoo : Ah In! Hyung I found Ah In! You're one of the guests right?" Ah In's laughter grew louder. 

Ah In : Of course, hyung! Now we need to fetch my partner.

Kwangsoo then held Ah In's arm and called Jaesuk and Haha. The four of them went to find Ah In's partner.

They arrived in this place. Ah In then proceed and approached someone sitting on the far end of the room. Ah In emerged with his partner.

TOP : What took you so long?

Blue Team then rushed to the lobby pulling Ah In and TOP with them. As they approached the lobby, they saw the Red Team waiting for them.

Jong Kook : As always. We came first.

Their guests then looked at them and smiled. 

      

============ END OF PART 1 ================