The Feather

Cupid's Day Out

Chapter 7

Kris closed the door and chuckled, he walked away from the door thinking about the weird interaction that just took place.  The bell rang a few minutes later, indicating lunchtime, Kris walked to D307, an unused room, which was Exo’s meeting place.  A few seconds later, arrived Kai, Baekhyun, and amazingly Chanyeol, who was holding Kai close to him.  “Chanyeol, are you too lazy to walk here by yourself?” Kris sat in a chair.  Chanyeol pouted, “Kris hyung, you wouldn’t believe what they put me through all day, I deserve this.” 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkjwFQuNQcuV0D6ylzIvN

Kris nodded his head and Baekhyun wrapped his arm around Kris’s neck, “Kris hyung, why weren’t you in class?”  Kris smiled as he remembered his interaction with you, he said, “I was going to explore the skies again.”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXln6am_u5j0Lbu1vxmD2

They all looked at each other and nodded, and after a few minutes Kai asked, “Hey, where is everybody?”  Kris grew impatient and started pacing, then…

‘Seeeun Chippps Seeeun Chippps’

“What the heck was that?” Kai asked looking around.  Baekhyun laughed and took out his phone, “It’s my text alert, like it?”

“Love It!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he ran to Baekhyun to see the text.  Baekhyun huffed as he read the text; he threw his phone in his pants pocket, “What did the text say?” Kai asked, looking at Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s expression.  Chanyeol sighed and then smiled, “Seo Ya got the others trapped.”  Kris stopped pacing and looked at them, “Seo Ya?  How did she get all of them?”  Baekhyun shrugged and stretched, “Well, we better get them,” he grabbed Kai, “Especially since D.O has the rest of my Sun Chips.”  They all hid their chuckle with a sigh and grabbed unto Kai, Kai asked, “Where are they?”

“Where else will they be... The swimming pool,” Baekhyun lightened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Suho hyung where are you going?” Tao asked as Suho walked in the opposite direction, Chen, Xiumin, Lay, and D.O followed him.  Suho smiled, but didn’t answer, and they later met up with Sehun and Luhan, “Hey, guys,” Suho looked around, “Where’s everybody else?” 

“They already left,” Luhan yawned.  Suho laughed, “Well, I’m going to go to the pool for a sec. Ok.”  He went walking, but Sehun grabbed him, he looked at Suho and pouted, “Hyung, we have to go, so Kris hyung won’t be mad at us.” 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRw8VwmNJT_zVbMoZpleUH

Suho was speechless at Sehun’s surprise aegyo, but he shook his head, “It’ll only be for a second I swear.”

“Then were all coming with you,” Luhan beamed as he grabbed onto Tao and Lay, “Aren’t we guys?”  They all hummed a yes and followed Suho.

They enter the pool and walked around the edge, “Why are we here again?” Chen asked, while Xiumin stretched.  Suho touch the water and smiled, he was about to lift some up until, “I knew you guys would be here.”  They all turned and saw Seo Ya right in front of them.  She sighed and walked a little closer, “I’m sure some of you know why I’m here,” she looked around for Baekhyun.  “He’s not here, so you can’t beat him to death,” Chen said, walking closer to her until their just inches apart.  Seo Ya in a breath and pushed him, “Don’t play games with me, call Baekhyun and tell him that I’m not going to let you guys go until…”

“You beat him into a pulp,” Luhan cocked his head and smiled, Seo Ya clenched her fist, “No; I just need to talk to him.”  I need to know where Ae Cha is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You know what I don’t understand?”  Baekhyun asked as they appeared at the door.  “What?” Kai asked.  “That Tao isn’t changing the…”

“Let’s just go in,” Kris clench his jaw, He shouldn’t have took me seriously… he sighed, what is with Seo Ya today?

They went in and found the others sitting at the pool edge like elementary kids, while Seo Ya stood, having a hand on her hip like a school teacher.  Baekhyun grinned and sneaked up on Seo Ya pulling her hair, “Looks like you didn’t get the chalk out just yet, huh?”  Seo Ya turned around and was about to hit Seo Ya until Kai popped up and grabbed her fist.  “Seo Ya, would you please stop acting like that,” Kris sighed walking toward them, “let’s just be civilized.”

Chen, Luhan, and Sehun chuckled when Kris said that, Chen whispered to both Luhan and Sehun, “Yea, but when is he ever civilized?”  Kris heard and glared them down, the whistled and looked up avoiding eye contact.  “Fine, that’s what I wanted to do anyways,” Seo Ya sighed, “Look Baekhyun; I just want to know where Ae Cha is…”

“Ae Cha?” Suho and D.O asked in unison.  They all looked at them and Kris chuckled under his breath, “So she met those brats too.”

“Yea, how do you know her?” Seo Ya asked turning to them, Baekhyun tilted his head, “She told Lay that she was going home, after collapsing…”

“Collapsing?” Seo Ya grabbed Baekhyun, “What did you do to make her collapse; I knew you demons were evil.”  Lay ran over and broke them apart, “Seo Ya, she collapse from the flu, Baekhyun was the one that took her to the nurses office, you should be thankful.” 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7Ks-vAo7B_jtR4t9EZL_

Seo Ya lowered her eyes, “Demons,” Seo Ya said under her breath as she bumped shoulders with Chanyeol, who absolutely did nothing, and left.  Chanyeol rubbed his shoulders, “She’s pretty tough for a girl.”  Kris sighed, “Let’s just go to our spot and talk there.”

They arrived to their secret base together; Kris banned Kai and Baekhyun from using their powers to get there faster, since the incident with Seo Ya.  Everybody was silent until they entered and closed the door, “Kris hyung, why weren’t you in class?” Chen asked completely oblivious to Kris’s mood.  Tao grew pale and hid behind Kai, “If this go south, take me with you.”  Kai smiled and nodded as Tao grabbed unto Kai’s shirt.  Kris furrowed his eyebrows and sighed, “I was on the roof.”

“Oh, you weren’t about to fly weren’t you?” Chen lifted an eyebrow.  Kris put his pocket in his hand, trying to control his temper, “Yea, but I didn’t.”  Everybody lifted their eyebrow, Lay whispered to Baekhyun, who was pre- occupied by the other bag of Sun Chips D.O gave him, “I’m surprised that Kris, hasn’t killed him yet.”  Xiumin heard and whispered backed, “Says the persons who supposed to heal others.”  Lay shrugged and Xiumin laughed, breaking the awkward silence.  Kris sighed, looked at everybody, then after a few second laughed.  Sehun poke Lay, “Lay hyung, I think Kris hyung needs medical assistance.”  Lay nodded and Tao added, “Lay hyung hurry, I think he’s gone mental.”  Lay came up to Kris, who immediately stared at him, “Lay, what are you doing?”  Lay laughed and backed away saying, “The others thought you were hurt somewhere, so I was going to heal you.”  Chanyeol smiled and added, “Especially since Chen back talked you, and you didn’t do anything about it,” He pointed to Baekhyun, “and since this guy did something to make Seo Ya mad at us again.”

“What are you talking about?” Luhan sighed, “She’s always mad at us for something.”  They nodded in agreement, “Shouldn’t we eat?” D.O asked as he opened his lunch box.  “Let’s eat on the roof,” Kris said opening the door, D.O put his lunch back in his bag and followed Kris, the others did also, but Chanyeol had to dragged Baekhyun out.

They opened the door and the fresh breeze came upon them, Kris smiled at the sun, “Let’s sit over there.”  Kris walked over and put his back against the roof wall, looking side to side, I guess she already left.  D.O opened his lunch box, “Finally, I was starving, Thank you for the food!” he exclaimed as he dug in, the others did as well.  Xiumin sighed and opened his lunch box; the content was: chicken, beef, and pigs feet.  After a second Xiumin glared at D.O, who had noodles popping out of his mouth, “Where are my veggies, why is there only meat?”

“Xiumin hyung,” D.O smiled, “You need the protein, forget your diet and just eat.”

“Yea, hyung you have sports practice after school, after all,” Tao chimed in.

“Suho hyung, will you give me some juice,” Sehun asked while saying ‘buing buing’. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG8_j3Bj6CROOLpBL1nPf

Suho laughed and lifted up the juice blob and with one single movement of the finger, flipped it into Sehun’s mouth, “Thank you,” Sehun said while swallowing the blob. 

“It’s kind of cold isn’t it?” Luhan said lessening the space between him and Sehun.  Chanyeol’s eyes grew big and mouth turned wide, he held out his hand and flicked, “Should I warm you up then?”  The blue embers from his fingertips glowed and Luhan smiled while shaking his head, “Are you sure?” Chanyeol asked as he grew closer to Luhan, “I’m sure I can control it this time,” and as he said that the embers on his fingertip turned cold and solid, “Aish, that’s cold!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he dropped it on the ground, he looked at Xiumin, who smile mischievously, “Hyung, you shouldn’t do that to my fire.”

Xiumin laughed, “I didn’t think it would of worked,” he put a piece of chicken in his mouth, “but since it did, don’t mess with your fire, you might burn this whole building down.”

“Well, if I do Lay can just heal it,” he turned to Lay, who was stuffing his face, “Isn’t that right.”  Lay looked up at him and swallowed saying, “No, it’s inanimate, meaning non-living.”  Chanyeol pouted and Chen chimed in, “Well, it has bacteria, and bacteria are living creatures.”

“Yes, but the building itself is non- living,” Lay contorted.  While they argued about how the building is or is not a living thing, Baekhyun finished the last of his Sun Chips and put his palm on the ground, feeling something very soft, he looked down and found a beautiful white feather, “Wah!” he exclaimed holding it up to the sun, everybody looked at him and then the feather.  “Wah! Where did you find that?” Chanyeol asked reaching out to grab the feather, Baekhyun put against his chest, “I don’t want you to touch it Chanyeol, you might burn it.”  All of them laughed, as well as Chanyeol, Kris looked at the feather and smiled, “It’s unique, what kind of bird did it come from?”  Baekhyun pulled it out from his chest and shrugged; the feather escape from his hand and landed in Luhan’s, he examined it, “I don’t think this came from a bird.”  Chen squinted, “Then what could it have come from?”

“Maybe it’s from a costume,” Sehun suggested.  Luhan shook his head, “No, it’s a real feather,” he rubbed his head, “I just don’t know what animal can produce such a beautiful feather,” Luhan smiled, “Maybe I should keep it to observe it,” he was about to put it his backpack until Baekhyun grabbed it, “No, I found it first, its mine.”  Xiumin laughed, “You guys are fighting over a feather.”  He move his finger up as Suho was putting a blob of water in his mouth, but that blob turn to ice, “HYUNG,” Suho yelled.  They all laughed and Kai spoke, “I like this.” 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUGcK1Uyk30dlkAf9ijAv

Everybody looked at him and Tao asked, “Like what?”

“Being away from those suffocating humans, and hanging out with my brothers,” he smiled as he folded his arms behind his head, and lay down.  Tao sighed and looked at the sky, “When do you think we can go back?” he asked to no one in particular. 

Kris sighed, “Never.”

 

Authors Note:

Sorry for the title, i know it has nothing to do with the stroy until the end.^^  Are you guys wondering why they can't go back?  I hope you guys like it.(>^.^<)