A Sad StoryT.T

Cupid's Day Out

Chapter 6

As you turned the knob and open the door a big gust a wind blew over you, you closed your eyes as you walked out, feeling the sun against your skin.  You covered your arms with your hands and opened your eyes; as you open your eyes you saw a tall man standing on the edge of the roof wall; you widen your eyes, and yelled, “NOO!”  the guy turned as you ran over to him grabbing the bottom of his pants, “You can’t do this, your still young,” you gasped, as you tighten your grip, “You can’t die,”  I saw too many humans die and now I can finally save one, please don’t jump.  You had tears in your eyes as you breathe in and out.  The man stared at you for what felt like an hour and then smirked.  You tighten your grip even more as he moved, he sighed and ripped your hand from his pants, then he squatted down, swinging his leg over the roof wall.  You watched him as he looked up at the sky, you saw how the sun reflected across his face, the scene was quiet, yet perfect, and then ‘hiccup’.  He turned to you, and you quickly covered your mouth, ‘hiccup’, you sighed and smiled, “I’m glad you didn’t jump.” 

He chuckled, “Yea, you wouldn’t want to see a famous person die.”  You tilted your head to the side, “Famous?” you furrowed your eyebrows, “It doesn’t matter if your famous, poor, loser, rich, arrogant, or even if you’re from another world,” he turned to you, you continued, “A person’s life is more valuable than anything in the world…” well that and true love.  He turned away from you and smiled a truly genuine smile, he patted the spot next to him, “You can sit here if you want.”  Your smile grew big and nodded; you grabbed onto the top of the wall, and tried to pull yourself up, and after a minute of trying, the guy grabbed your arms and pulled you up, closing the space between you.  “Your pretty weak,” he said as he sat back down, you pouted and sat down next to him, Why is it every time a human grabs my arms and pulls me up, the space between us closes, is that how humans work?  You looked at him and then the sky, clenching your teeth, I hope my husband-to-be doesn’t take it the wrong way… it’s just how humans work.

‘Hiccup’, the guy looked at you, and laughed, “Did it really scare you that much?” 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6BCgL2igmtB-tWLHeIAK

You pouted and nodded your head, and then you smiled, “But I’m glad you’re safe, I will never forgive myself if I let another human die right before my eyes.”

“Another human?”

You widen your eyes, and stuttered, “We..well, yea an.. another person,” you ‘Haha’, you turned and saw him staring at you, you sighed, “When I was younger, I looked in the well, I saw a person about to jump from a really tall building, I just stood there wishing I could help, but… tears developed in your eyes, “The worst part was that I knew him, he was Mi Ah’s human father,” you closed your eyes remembering.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

“Mi Ah, can you run slower?”  You yelled as Mi Ah was ahead.  Mi Ah stopped and turned to you, “No, because my mom said that I’m not going to have feet anymore when my next birthday comes.”  You finally caught up and grabbed her arm, “Mi Ah, I thought mermaids, were born with tails,” Mi Ah looked at you, “but why were you born with feet; your brother wasn’t?”  Mi Ah smiled and we ran to the well, “My appa is human; his appa is a merman, so that’s why, but at a certain age I will look like full blooded mermaid.”  You scrunched up your nose, “I still don’t get it,” you  sat down, back against the well, “Can’t you just go in with a tail, and come out of the water with feet as you please?”

“I wish, but it’s much more complicated, that sometimes I don’t understand,” she sat next to you, “I’ve seen my dad before,” she announced.

 

“Really? How do you…?”

“My umma showed me and few years back, and after that I always came to see how he lived,” Mi Ah clenched her fist, you grabbed it in yours, “he doesn’t look well recently, but I’m not sad at all, after all he abandon us.”  You looked at her with disbelief, and tightened your grip so she can look at you, “You shouldn’t say that, he has a reason, everybody has a reason for what they did, your appa…”

“Ae Cha!” Mi Ah glared into your eyes, and then soften, “Ae Cha, I don’t care what the reason is…” she stood up, letting go of your grip, “I just want to enjoy my legs while I can,” you got up to join her, but she said still walking, “alone.”  You sighed and turned to the well, Is that why Mi Ah hates humans so much?  You looked inside the well, flipping the channel like humans would with TV.  You stop at a picture with a man on top of a building, you looked at him and for some reason you saw a little of Mi Ah in him.  You zoomed in on him, and he looked really young, possibly in his late 20’s, early 30’s, you saw his mouth moving and you higher up the volume, you heard, “…Do Mi, I sorry for everything, I’m sorry I left you, I was to young then…”  Did he say Do Mi… Isn’t that Mi Ah’s umma?  You continued to listen, “…I wonder how old she is now; she should be 10, by now right?  Please tell her I love her, and that her father was a bad man who loved her mother very much.  He sighed and whispered you turned up the volume higher and leaned in closer to hear, “… father, he wanted me to leave you, so you can get married to the man he already betrothed to you… and in the end I did.”  He took a step closer to the edge and you heard people from below gasping, “Now, I’m finally going to clear my sins,” the moment he said that he jumped, and landed on the hard concrete below.  You fell backwards, gasping, tears coming from your eyes.  You heard the humans screaming you looked around and got up as fast as you can to change the channel and lower the volume, you collapsed again.  Di..did he just di…die?  Th…that was Mi Ah’s app…appa.  You slowly got up and your legs shook while you walked back to your house, as you entered you heard a lady’s voice, “Don’t forget about the… Oh Ae Cha,” the lady turned to you smiling, but her smile drop as she saw your pale face, she ran up to you… “Ae Cha, what happen, why are you so pale?”  Your face wrinkled up as you cried, “UMMA!” 

“Ne, tell umma everything, hmmm?”  Your umma said as she led you to the couch, combing your white hair with her hands.  You kept crying, you couldn’t utter a word just yet.  After a few minutes a giant man came walking through the front door looking exhausted, but when he heard sniffles coming from the living room, he became very energized as he ran and yelled, “What happened?”  He looked over at the couch and when he saw you crying he scooped you up rocking you in his arms, “Shh, appas got you, it’s okay.”  Your umma smiled as your appa put you down and sat next to her, she put her delicate hand on yours, “Ae Cha, what’s wrong?”  You sniffed a little and looked at your umma and appa, then to the floor, “I was watching the well, and I saw,” you paused for a second before continuing, “Mi… Mi Ah’s appa jumped off a building.”  It was silent, utterly silent when you said that, your umma’s hand fell off yours and you felt your appas gigantic body lighten off the couch walking away.  You turned to your umma, “What’s going to happen now?”

“Whatever their reaction is will end it.” your mother said scooping you in her arms.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“He was my friends appa,” you suddenly said breaking the silence.  You heard the guy sigh, and he put his hand on top of your just as your mother did to you, you continued, “And I didn’t do anything to… save… him,” your voice broke, and then it became silent again.  “It wasn’t your fault,” the guy sighed as he tightened his grip, “You couldn’t have stopped it…”

“But I stopped you,” you said flipping your palm to meet his, and gave it a squeeze.  He looked at her and laughed, you turned to him and smiled, “See you’re happy, you wouldn’t be happy if you’re dead.”

  He stifled a laugh and started wiping tears from his eyes, from laughing too much, he turned to you, and for the first time notice that you were a little wet, and had two jackets on, “You better go back inside, you might catch a cold.” 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzk6uoPCaQK33j77lIm7v

 

You tilted your head and then asked, “You should go back to class.”  He nodded, he looked down at his hand and figured out you guys were holding hands the whole time, he snapped his hand to his side and got off the roof wall, “You should too.”  You shook your head and got off the roof wall too, “I’m going home,” the guy nodded and started walking away, you grabbed the hem of his jacket, he turned to you, and you said, “My name is Ae Cha, Hwa Ae Cha.”  He smiled, “I’m Kris,” he waved goodbye and left. 

As he closed the door, you turned back to the roof wall, and looked back at the sky, Mi Ah, I saved a human today, and later I hope to share the reason, why. I also hope that someday you will not hate humans as much as you do.  You closed your eyes and as you did your hair changed from black to white and a red heart appeared at the left side of your eye; as you opened your eyes beautiful white wings fluttered out of your back.  You smiled and started stretching, “Wah!”  Your wings hugged you and then you started to flap, “Now let’s try to find the first selective,” and off you went, leaving a white feather behind.

 

 

Author's Note:

Mi Ah is actually a big part of the story, I just forgot to add her in the foreword.  Does anyone one miss Seo Ya?  Don't worry she's coming back.^^  Thank you guys for reading, and waiting for new surprises to come.  Oh, and does anyone have any guesses on whos going to end up with who?  <(^.^)>