chapter seventeen.

I Met Him on WGM

chapter seventeen.
work, work, work.

(Narrator's point of view.)

They had come home to the city of Seoul. Kai was practicing some more while Lexy was working in the café part time as school was coming near. Her girly uniform was neat and tidy as she twirled around serving and taking orders. Many customers had supposedly come in because of Lexy. Mostly teenage boys and mothers. It was odd to have so many boys coming to a pink café.

"Noona, we're ready to order." She went over to them and they grinned childishly. The seven boys ordered, "Can we get four hot cocoas, two iced Americanos and one hot Americano? Oh and can we get pictures with you?" They held up a Polaroid camera and took pictures with the confused Lexy. Lexy knew she had become popular, but not to point where she had fans. She thought she was just known as "Kai's wife", but she didn't know these teenage boys have come to see her.

She took down the order and went to give it to the head barista. She went to the door as she saw a lanky man with a scarf around his mouth and glasses. She bowed as the door opened. "Welcome to R&J Café." She chimed and she saw the grin of the lovely Kai smiling at her.

"Morning sunshine." He touched her cheeks and sat down at the table closest to the counter. He laid back on the chair and took off his scarf and glasses.

"Did you see that ad of you?" He asked and looked outside to where he pointed and saw my picture with my co-worker on the window. It said, "Song Lexy, the wonderful wife of EXO's Kai. Willing to take free pictures." She face palmed herself. Now that was the reason why she was bombarded with boys asking her for her signature and pictures. She went back in and sat beside Kai.

"Oppa. I'm tired." She plopped her head on the table and let out a fake cry. He chuckled at her childishness.

"Well with school, you'll be more tired." He patted her hand. She looked at the barista and ordered for Kai. He laughed as he saw her tired face. The bell rung and they looked over at the door.

"Welcome to R&J Café." She stood up and bowed with a cheery smile. The man had a suit and he was quite serious.

"I am Lexy. I'll be your waitress today. What would you like?" She asked the man after she passed out the menu. He took a look down the menu and his aura was thick and serious. Why so serious? I guess "cute and bubbly for the sappy to be happy" isn't working.

"Get me black coffee." He said and she gave a curtsy.

"I'll be right back." She went to prepare the coffee and went back to the table and set it at his side.

"I have one more thing. How would you like to host M. Countdown?" She turned around instantaneously. Kai hopped off his chair and sat on the seat across from the mysteriously serious man.

"I don't know. I would love to, but I don't have much time to do all that, especially if there will be school." She thought.

"Babe, it's only once a week." Kai was more excited than Lexy. She cocked her head to the side. The serious man had an anticipating look on his face.

"Okay." She gave in. The man passed a card to Lexy and left without taking a sip of his coffee.

"You got a gig?" KiBum, the other employee, overheard. Lexy nodded and the both of them celebrated without Kai who was jealous.

"I'm going to go. See you tomorrow." Kai left feeling like a third wheel. It's been TaeMin and her at work and now at Lexy's job she has KiBum. There is never a time when she doesn't have her friend. He went home and plopped onto his bed and fell asleep thinking then dreaming about Lexy.

"Have you noticed that Kai hasn't been normal?" ChanYeol asked. He knew that Kai liked Lexy, but not how much.

"He's love struck." SuHo cracked a smile and close the door to Kai's room.

(Lexy's point of view.)

I'm running and running. I ran up the hill that the bus wouldn't take me up. I ran in the house put in my code and walked in casually.

"Sorry for being late." I bowed as Kai came out the kitchen with a coffee mug with whip cream. He took a sip and had cream all over. He it showing his y side.

"Morning beautiful." He waved and came to get me. He pushed me into the room and told me to change. I changed into whatever change I had in my bag which was just my usual look. I never pick out my outfit. I just grab and take. I put on my outfit not bothering to comb through my hair.

"Are you done yet?" He asked in a sweet voice that calms my nerves. I walk out and the camera starts filming.

"Let's go tour the school." He held my hand as he went to his car and drove to the school. It's supposedly nearby the school where they filmed Playful Kiss or I think it is. We stop by the school and walk beyond the trees that cover the building from afar and I see the lovely buildings in front of me.

"Oppa." My jaw dropped. I thought I would never be able to see a school better looking than UC Berkeley, Davis or SF. This place is utterly amazing. It's like a work of art. It's like the Roman Colosseum. Breath taking. No I'm just kidding, it's horrifying. It's dingy and it chokes me.

"How do you like our school?" He asked as his hands rested on my shoulders. I shook my head and swallowed my spit.

"Um... Are you sure this is a school?" I turned to look at him. He had a smile that gradually got wider and wider until he bursted out into laughter.

"This is the haunted college. Don't worry it's not real. It's just a drama production prop given by SM. The school is this way. He pushes through the bushes and there it was all along. It's just a plain ole college. It's just like UC Davis. It's no big deal.

"Honey, you're so cute." He pinched my cheeks and I hissed at him.

"Why did you have to scare me like that?" I hit his arm.

"It's funny. Let's go catch up with the tour guides." He took my hand as we walked down the grassy hill. I let go and I ran.

"Last one down is rotting kimbap!" I screamed and kept running until someone tackled me. We tumbled down the hill laughing until Kai was above me. He looked deeply into my eyes. It felt as if he was drowning in my eyes.

"Ahem..." I coughed randomly and he snapped back into his senses. He got off quickly and brushed off the grass and dirt. I did too.

"Awkward..." I whispered to myself in English so he wouldn't understand me. I saw he face palm himself and shake his head. *Why am I so stupid? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Kai you are a dumby. Stupid.* He kept slapping himself. Honestly it was cute and I would've told him that if I weren't blushing so darn much.