We need a time...

Reunited

L.Joe...” I said but he left me. So I followed him. “Mianhae Oppa...” I said while we went back to the others.
He looked to me “Nae...”
I did aegyo “Don't be like this... to me. I really love you.” He just looked short to me.
I stopped but L.Joe didn't care, he kept on walking. If he sat down he shortly looked to me so I followed him quickly.
After a while I said “L.Joe Yeobo.. we should go now...” he looked to me and just nodded.
So we said goodbye.
We walked just next to next. Nobody spoke really and I looked the whole time down.
After a while I said “What can I do?... When won't you be angry at me anymore?”
L.Joe looked to me “Tell him he can't go with you to California.”
I shook my head “I can't.. he paid for the flight... and he is my best friend..”
L.Joe didn't look to me “You are not best friends. You're not even close. The best friend thing is past. If you really think you can become even close like the old times you think wrong. Be realistic he has already a girlfriend. Just...”
“Great... thank you for being honest with me like this. Okay... do what you like to do. I have to go home.”
I ran. “DAMN... he was stupid... so damn stupid” I thought.
“Wait.. I didn't mean like...” were the last words I could hear from him.
I wanted to cry. “How could he say things like this...” I asked myself.

I sat under a tree and looked down.
I felt bad. Really bad.
My phone rang the whole time. It was L.Joe.
After the 20
th time I took it “Yuboseo?”
“Juah... where are you? Please let's talk... the words I said... it wasn't like I really meant. It's just...”
He didn't finish the sentences so I kept on “I don't want to talk with you... not yet. You hurt me.”
I took off and walked home.
I walked really slowly to over think his words. But... he was so in right. I had no chance to be his girl. Changjo's girl. It's Eunmi.
“Changjo?” I called him “Yeah, what's Juah?”
“I hope you start to pack your luggage the next days. Don't forget about California” I said but actually I wanted to tell him he can't fly with me. But... I couldn't say this to him.
“Yeah... I won't forget it..” he just said and I took off.
Damn.


“Juah.. are you okay?” Chunji asked while we had break.
I nodded “of course... what should be wrong?” Chunji looked a bit worried “L.Joe told me what happened between you and him... are you sure that you are okay?”
I nodded “Nae... let's not talk about him... I mean.. he doesn't trust me. Why is this for him a problem that I spend a weekend with Changjo. I love L.Joe.. but... he doesn't understand.”
Chunji kept on “But you still love Changjo, don't you?”
I couldn't reply on this and just looked down. “Juah... say L.Joe the truth.” Chunji said.
“I don't love Changjo. He is a friend. A friend I promised to take with me to California the next time. So this weekend.” I answered.
I wasn't sure about this what I said.
Chunji just nodded “Talk to L.Joe, ok? He regrets the things he said.”
I looked to him “No... he hurt me. No not yet. I can't.”
Chunji hugged me “Come with me after school to TOPmedia. Let's eat there something and talk. Ok?”
I looked up “Ok...”


 

You really came.” Chunji said while I entered the building of TOPmedia.
I nodded “Nae... May we eat outside?” Chunji looked at his watch “It's better to eat here. I told L.Joe he is not allowed to come to the cafeteria.”
So we walked to the cafeteria. I just bought a coffee.
Chunji told some jokes but I couldn't laugh a lot.
“Chin up Juah...” Chunji said. I looked through the door and Changjo entered the room.
I looked quickly back to Chunji “I … ehm... you need to practice don't you?”
Chunji shook his head “No.. why?” he turned. At this time Changjo saw us and walked to us.
“I think I should go..” I said but Changjo reached us and sat next to me.
“What happened between L.Joe Hyung and you?” he asked me.
“Nevermind...” I just said “I have to go now... I see you tomorrow on school.”
I stood quickly up and listened to Changjo who asked Chunji “What happened to her?”
Chunji just said “Nevermind.”
I walked through the entrance hall. “WAIIIIIIIIT~” someone shouted.
I turned. L.Joe. He stood there and watched me.
I wanted to go but he ran to me “Let's talk...”
I shook my head “No.. L.Joe. I can't do that.. not yet.”
He grabbed my hand “Just... if you don't like to talk with me but listen to me.. few words.”
I turned and looked down. “So... great. Say what you have to say.”
“Juah... I didn't want to say the things I said. It was hard and unfair from me. Sorry. I'm jeongmal sorry. I didn't want to say it. I respect your friendship with him. Let's keep on meeting. I really miss you Juah... I can't see you not anymore.”
I suddenly hugged him. “I missed you too...”
His arms walked over me and he hugged me tightly “Forget the things I said about Changjo and you... just are friends... since a long time. And the California trip will be fun.”
We stood for a while there in this hugging position and I finally said “I should go... I need to pack my things. I will fly tomorrow night.”
L.Joe nodded “Yeah okay. After practice.... shall I meet you? I want to see before you leave.”
I shook my head “No... I will see you tomorrow after school...”
He nodded “Gwenchana.” he kissed me on my cheek.

At home I packed finally my things and walked to the shopping mall. I looked a bit around for a new present. It was stupid from me to bought the shoes.
I looked around and met suddenly Eunmi.
She smiled “Oh I didn't expect you here. How war your evening with L.Joe the day before yesterday?”
I looked to her “Fine.” I didn't want to tell her about... the things. I didn't want to see her. “How about yours?”
She smiled “great. Why are you here? May I help you?”
I shook my head “No.. I'm just looking around for a birthday present.”
“Oh... yeah. For the California girl right?” she asked and I just nodded “Yeah I have to go now...” I finally said.
She nodded and smiled and walked away.
In the shop called body shop I bought some things and left quickly and walked home.
I packed my things and sat down my bed.
I got really tired.

Juaaaaah...” Changjo said. Chunji and me sat in the school cafeteria.
I looked up to Changjo who smiled bright. “Is there something special I really need to take with me?”
I looked to him and shook my head “Just few clothes and yeah. We just stay a weekend there.”
“Gwenchana...” he said. He seemed very excited.
I smiled to him and we walked back to the class. This time like the whole week he sat with Ricky in the same corner like Jiyoung and me.
The whole time Changjo talked how great this weekend could be and all of us where annoyed. But not Jiyoung, she seemed really interested in the things Changjo said.
I looked to the window and after school L.Joe already waited at the gate. He smiled awkwardly and before I walked to him “You and him are okay?”
I nodded just.
At the gate L.Joe's smile changed to real happiness. But I just smiled awkwardly. He hugged me and kissed my cheek “Let's go something to eat, ok?”
I nodded “I hope you are hungry” he said and I nodded again.

You are different today..” L.Joe said while we ate.
I just looked to him “It's a bit awkward to sit with you here...” I finally said and L.Joe just replied with nodding.
We ate and said nothing.
After a while L.Joe said “Okay... Juah. Do you want to break up today?”
I looked to him “No.. of course not. I love you.... but I think both of us just need time. And after we had a little break it can become less awkward.”
L.Joe nodded “I will walk you home.”

We walked site by site in silence.
After a while he grabbed my hand and I looked to him up. “I won't loose you.” I smiled.
So he stopped and kissed me soft “May I drive you to the airport?”
I smiled “Yeah I hoped you ask that.”

In the night L.Joe knocked on our door and this time my father didn't speak to him. But my mother and he talked to each other pretty well.
L.Joe grabbed my bag and I hugged my parents and we walked to his car. Actually it was Chunji's one.
Before he started to drive he grabbed my hand “Juah... I love you really.”
I nodded and smiled to him.
L.Joe drove first to Changjo's home because we needed to take him with us.
It was a bit awkward for me in the car.

Before Changjo and me left for our plane we stood with L.Joe.
L.joe grabbed my hands and kissed me.
Actually it was the wrong thing.. in front of Changjo and after a while he also said “Yeah... we should go Juah..”
L.Joe stopped and said “Gwenchana.. I will miss you Juah.” he kissed me soft and gave me my bag back.
I nodded “I miss you too.” and kissed his cheek.

In the plane Changjo asked “Don't kiss him in front of me... I also don't kiss Eunmi if you are with us.”
I just looked to him “You did.... few times. Don't act like my brother or something else. It's normal to kiss him.”
Changjo just looked outside.