My Time To Shine

Nothing But Nice

Myungsoo POV. 

I don't feel so good. There's a churning motion in my stomach and I feel like I can throw up at anytime. "I don't think I can do it." I said, looking at all the people, not forgeting all the cameramen, in the audience from backstage. I took a seat and breathed heavilly in a paper bag.

"Myungsoo, you can do it. You're the most hard working contestant I've seen out there. You've practiced day and night. This just can't be all for nothing." L said, trying to encourage me. Even though he was my mentor, he couldn't bring me to the stage in state I was in. So much has happened the past few days.

About three days after I confessed to Sungyeol, he's been really busy with everything. I've moved back into Sunggyu's apartment since Sungyeol had to sell the apartment and stay with his parents for about a week before he leaves, which I couldn't blame him. They're his parents, and kind of mine's as well. He was miles away already, and I couldn't see him much.

Even when I try to text him, he doesn't reply until hours later.

Myungsoo: 10:01 a.m.

Hi Yeol, how are things going for you?

Sungyeol: 11:38 p.m.

Myungie, I'm sorry. I was busy today with packing and paper work.

Even though I completely understand, I couldn't help but feel lonely again. He hasn't even left yet, and I already feel like this. How am I going to survive four years without him?

"I'm sorry L-nim, I'm so unprepared." My words definitely meant a lot more than he understood. He took a seat next to me.

"I think you're going to do great. You're already this far, you can't give up."  L kept persuading me, I couldn't think of going near that spotlight.

"All my friends are in that crowd, I don't want to humiliate myself infront of them." I know I sound like a whining kid, but I have my reasons.

"They would be proud of you, especially Sungyeol. He would be supporting you if he was here." L suddenly brought up Sungyeol, and my attitude changed.

"He would, wouldn't he." I got up and picked up my guittar.

"That's the spirit." He smiled and he got out his cue cards. "I'm going to MC now, wait here until we call you out." I nodded and he walked out.

"That was just an amazing performance by MBLAQ, let's give them a hand!" L said to the audience as the fangirls screamed in response.

"There must be a lot MBLAQ fan out there. Am I right?" Hyorin questioned, the audience sreaming again, loud enough to damage eardrums.

"Nine of the ten contestants have already performed for our 'Undiscovered Talents' competition." Nana announced, me knowing that I was the only one left. "But there is one more person. He has a smile that can melt away your heart."

"He has the voice that can soar threw the winds." Hyorin said.

"He has the chance of a lifetime. Singing Infinite's 'In The Summer,' give it up for Kim Myungsoo!" As L, Hyorin, and Nana finished MCing, it was my cue to walk out out. The audience's cheer was more than I expected.

Sungyeol POV.

I drove as fast as I could to make it to the recording station, I plan on surprising him because he has no clue that I'm going to show up. I ran out of my car, showed the security guy my ticket, and made my way to the audience. As soonas I got in the middle of the crowd, I saw him. Myungsoo walked across the stage to the middle where there was  a microphone stand. He looked nervous, but he still couldn't see me. I prayed for him to do his best.

When he took his spot, he began strumming the guitar.

Haessari naerinun sai mada

Huin gureum heureuneun sai mada

Barami seuchineun sai mada niga bichyeo

Myungsoo sang threw the first few lines with a noticable struggle in his voice that was getting worse as he progressed. People stareted whispering things, and the idols that were watching had weird looks on their faces.

Siganeul tagoseo naeiredo

Jinhage beonjyeowa maeiredo

Geurium gadeukhi n-neag-ge t-tto-

Just before he could reach the chorus, he fell down to his knees, his guitar still in his hands, as tears began falling from his eyes. Everyone gasped at the sudden action. This was not good. He must be embarrassed, and feel even more alone, but he isn't.

I made my way to the front of the crowd, and began singing as loud as I can.

Seumyeowa neon aryeonhi neon

Sujupge neon.

I sand the line as best as I could, and Myungsoo finally noticed me, with surprise full in his eyes. Woohyun, Sunggyu, Hoya, Dongwoo, and Sungjong joined.

nal tagowa

Heundeureo nal janjanhi neon

Yeojeonhi neon

gieogeuro ieojyeo

Everyone in the audience suddenly joined us gradually. Myungsoo stared getting up and wiping his tears away, a small smile formed on his face as he watched us sing.

Nan tto nan neul nan

geuriume sara

Nan imi nan imi nan

Myungsoo suddenly strummed his guitar again and sang.

Chuege jamgyeoisseo

The audience (mostly girls) screamed at the sudden appearance of a charismatic Myungsoo, singing all the lines with ease. The more the audience cheered, the better his singing got. He never left eye contact with me. He was nearing the high note, and I was curious as to how good he was.

Na neori araseo neol mannage doeseo

Eolmana gamsahanji

Naega imankeum jara neul jikyeobolgeeeeeeeeee~

The crowd went wild as he nailed the high note like it was nothing. Just at that moment, I realized how much he deseved to win. He was so cool and charismatic on stage, which contradicted with the shy and quiet guy he was. This was a new him.

As soon as the song ended, the audience cheered louder than anyone could have imagined. Everyone chanted "KIM MYUNGSOO! KIM MYUNGSOO! KIM MYUNGSOO!!!"

"Gamsahamnida!" Myungsoo bowed and walked towards the back as the stage was now full of idols and contestants. I was happy to see Nana as one of the MCs in front of the stage next to L and Hyorin, they must be announcing the winner.

"That was an awesome stage! I'm blown away!" Hyorin said to L and Nana.

"I know right, I almost mistakened him for you L." Nana said and he laughed.

"Well, he is my twin." He said as he noticed me and gave me a "good job" look.

"Now, it's time, to announce the winner of the 'Undiscovered Talents' Competition!" Hyorin announced, the audience was very loud tonight.

"The winner of the competition will have to option to join any agency of his or her choice, as there are lots of CEOs here in the building." Nana announced. An envelope was handed to L and they opened it.

"The person with the most votes is written in here." L said and slid the paper out of the envelope. "The winner is...."

"Kim Myungsoo!" The three shouted. In compliment to the cheering audience, confetti shot out and was snowing over the stage. Myungsoo walked towards the front and recieved a trophy and a boquet of flowers from some of the idols. behind his tears from the sudden shock, there was a smile.

"Congradulations!" The three of them said, giving him hugs and smiles. "Please give us a speech!" Nana said and handed the mic to him.

"Thank you everyone so much. I'm not perfect, but knowing that there are people that care about me, is amazing. Thank you everyone again, I promise i'll work harder the next time I stand on stage!" He said while crying. He turned around and began bowing to the other contestants, who had a group hug together.

"It's good to see that the other contestants are such good sports. Maybe they'll be greeted by a talent scout." Hyorin said, beginning the ending.

"Everone did theire best. This was one great episode of M Countdown. Next week will showcase an array of songs from your favorite singers. Until next time. seeya!" L said and they all said goodbye together.

Myungsoo POV.

I sat in my waiting room, after putting back my original clothes on. I still had the trophy and boquet in my hands. I actually won. I couldn't believe it! I'm going to be famous. I can't  believe Sungyeol showed up, and did that. He saved me from humiliation. I couldn't thank him enough. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said, and L walked in.

"Annyeong Mr. Winner." He joked as he sat down next to me.

"Oh, L-nim." 

"You did a great job, I told you many times, you can do it." He said and gave me a hug.

"Thank you, for everything." I said to him.

"There's one more thing." L handed me a business card that was in his jacket pocket.

"Woolim Entertainment." I read the words in the center. My jaw dropped. "Y-you want me to join?"

"Of course, you would make an awesome addition to the Woolim family." He said and I hugged him.

"Thank you, L-nim. This is my dream. Joining the same company as Infinite. It's unbelievable." 

"Just call me L." He was totally chic. I looked at the opened door, and saw Sungyeol standing. "Well I better go and leave you guys alone. I'll give you a call." He said as he walked pass me and waved at Sungyeol on his way out.

I stood up as Sungyeol walked forward. We were now infront of each other. "Congradulations." He smiled at me.

"You showed up. I thought you were busy." I asked him.

"I could never miss this moment. My boyfriend is now a star." He smiled and gave me a long warm hug.

"Yeol, I can't breathe."  I said and then he moved away from me.

"Hehe, mainhae Myung." I stayed there infront of him, holding hands. He looked at his watch. "It's getting late, Sunggyu should take you home." He said, sounding more protective than Sunggyu.

"Sunggyu came by earlier, he said he was going to sleep over at Woohyun's." I said, thinking what Woohyun would probably do to him.

"I'll take you home, okay?" He looked at me. I nodded in agreement and we walked out together.

 

YAY!!!!!!!! MYUNGSOO'S DREAM CAME TRUE! :D

Thank you all for reading, sorry if I made you guys wait too long. I had to go to my school orientation yesterday. As always, please comment down below and upvote! Stay tuned, next chapter is going to be a real treat for all of y'all. :P