Tear #5

♥ Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV

 

The ceremony was about to start when I returned home. Sneakily avoiding the busy servants, I got into my room safely. Looking in the mirror, I began to groom myself. Today is finally the day! I was mentally screaming in my head. As I brushed my hair, I couldn't stop thinking of that young man. I wonder what's his name. I bet it's probably something charming that matches his looks, or maybe something sweet like his voice. I started to giggle to myself uncontrollably. Oh, stop thinking about him now! I need to enjoy today for today is my day! I then put on a necklace and took a final quick glance at myself in the mirror. Ok good, I think that should do it! I exited  my room and entered the main dining hall. The party was ready to begin.

Dancing, singing, and talking. Those three words were what most of the guests were doing, as well as eating. Mermaids adorned with elaborate jewelry and fancy hairstyles were chatting away as macho merman were busy showing off their strength and skills. Meanwhile, children played with each other, swimming here and there chasing fishes. I watched the people. Despite the energy in the room, I felt lethargic. Why am I so tired? Today is my birthday yet... why am I not happy? Groaning about my misery, Flounder, who was beside me, sensed my agony. He suggested to take a break, which I happily obliged to. Together, both of us swam out of the palace silently.

 

 

My mind started to clear up after a few minutes. I felt much more relaxed now away from my party. But, Flounder wasn't; he was acting very strange. He was looking here and there, and swimming around like a drunken dimwit. He was also murmuring some inaudible words to himself. Something's definitely wrong. His uneasiness started to make me uneasy as well.

"Flounder, you’re acting funny. Is something wrong?" I asked worrily.

"I-I don't know. Look, we should get out of here right now. I sense something bad might happen. Something really bad," Flounder said quietly, but sternly. 

"What's with the anxiety all of a sudden? Don't think I didn't see you dancing with that lady fish of yours. You seemed to be having the time of your life," I teased trying to relieve the tension.

Flounder didn’t budge as he looked straight at me. "Ariel, we need to return home right now," Flounder warned.

"Look, Flounder. You need to learn to relax! Take a deep breath and-"

“If I were you, I wouldn’t breathe in any of that,” Flounder said pointing his fin past me.

I turned around. All the blood hastily rushed from my face as I witnessed a black fog creep around us. Flounder wanted to escape, and honestly, so did I. Yet, we were immobilized by our fear, unable to flee.

In a place where there was once light from the sun was now eclipsed by thick black fog; all around us was pitch darkness. I grabbed onto Flounder out of fear. The jolly sounds of the ceremony gradually faded out. There was silence, an eerie kind of silence. Everything was too quiet... until a hum sounded. No please, it can't be. When I tried to flee, I found I was frozen in place. 

"You can't escape, my dear," someone snarled. "No one ever escapes from me. You should know that, Ariel."

The person who s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter