Tear #27

♥ Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz (open in new window)

Kyungsoo's POV

 

Ariel and I looked at each other nervously. We clasped our hands tighter and shifted our anxious gaze towards my palace. You see, my parents may look like docile human beings but that was just a facade. Nobody could tell what they were thinking and for that reason, I feared for Ariel. My parents could be harsh with their words or say something but mean something else. However, because I came with Ariel, my mind was at ease. At least I can protect her. 

"Are you ready?" I asked. Ariel looked at me and nodded.

"Will you be okay?" I asked her again. She laughed and looked at the ground for a while, then at me.

"I will be." With timid but brave footsteps, we marched in. 

The guards gave us a welcoming smile. One guard placed his hand on my shoulder and looked at me with worried eyes. Without talking, we both knew what we were in for. After they opened the doors, I led Annabelle to the guest room, not letting go of her hand. 

"Kyungsoo, my hand hurts. Your grip is too tight," Ariel told me with a slight whine in her voice. 

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to. I just... I just worry for you," I told her as I softened my grasp.

"You're so sweet. You don't have to worry so much. I'm not as weak as you think I am. I'm willing to take the hits if it means being with you," Ariel told me softly as she looked into my eyes with a loving gaze. My heart gave a big thump and I blushed. I have gave her hand a small, quick squeeze. How sweet and sincere her love is for me! My heart fluttered like an anxious butterfly. I waited so long for this love. An emotion that one lives and dies for, how can I not adore it? I didn't want this tender love to be soiled. Hence, I was afraid my parents would damage not only our love but Ariel as well. I gazed at Ariel affectionately. Just as we were getting in the moment, my parents came in.

"Kyungsoo, my dear son! And hello-" My mother exclaimed. When she saw Ariel, her bright eyes glistened.

"Oh. Look who we have here," My mother said with a stern voice as she looked at Ariel. 

"Hello, my name is Ariel," Ariel said timidly as she looked down at the floor. 

"Hello, Ariel," My father greeted her with a poker face. Uh oh, he's using his poker face. When my father had on a poker face, it was usually one of two reasons. One was to maintain composure. The other was to hide disappointment. I knew in that moment, my father used his poker for the latter.

"Well, Kyungsoo, what brings you here?" My mother asked me, still looking at Ariel.

I held Ariel's hand. Although she tried to escape from my grip, I secured her hand. I took a deep breath and let it out. 

"Father, mother, I don't want to marry Annabelle; I can't go through the marriage you set up," I said with a firm voice. "I love Ariel, and she's t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter