Tear #26

♥ Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two Steps from Hell - Moving Mountains (open in new window)

Flounder's POV

 

Ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum. My heart was racing like a wild seahorse. To ease myself, I placed my small fin over my chest. You can do this, Flounder! Don't be scared! Remember, Ariel needs your help and this is the least you can do for her. I hid myself behind a rock and peered straight at the black fog, looming in a circular motion. Behind the wispy dark fog was Ursula's cave. I've heard stories of what was in there. From dead bodies to black magic; it fed everyone's wild imaginations. However, one thing we all knew for certain was that once you're inside, it would be extremely difficult to get out. This was the reason why nobody really knew what was inside. 

Ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum. My heart continued to beat like an untamed animal. The whole place was eerily silent. It felt like a dead zone because there was nobody. I mean nobody, not even planktons! I felt my heart pounding in my ears as I leaned against the rock for support. Relax, Flounder. It's now or never. I closed my eyes for a moment and prayed. The last thing I wanted was to become a fried fish in Ursula's lair.

After I opened my eyes, I was swelled up with determination and audcaity to confront Ursula and demand her to return Ariel as a mermaid. I might never make it out alive once I meet her. However, there is one thing for certain. Only Ursula can turn Ariel back into a mermaid.

I stealthily looked around, trying to make sure that no creature was in sight. Mind you, Ursula has couple of spies around her cave to make sure no one gets in. If one got caught, may all hell break loose. When I observed that no one was around, I swam quickly as I can to the black fog. I then turned around once more to see if anyone was behind me. None was seen. Good, I can get this over with quickly. 

I cautiously swam. It was very dark. Why is there no light? Without looking ahead, I bumped straight into a door. Ouch! I placed my fins on my nose. I looked at the big sturdy door. Hmmm, should I open it? I tried to open it, however, it wouldn't budge. While thinking about how to proceed, I heard shrill voices echoing. The voices were getting louder and louder. My eyes turned big and an electric shock shivered down through my spine. I inhaled deeply. What should I do? Thinking fast, I saw that there was a little gap hidden behind a rock. I quickly swam there before the people could see me. Just in time, there were two mermaids looking grim. Not one dared to utter a word or make a single sound until one finally whispered a magic phrase 'Alohamora.' Shortly, the door creaked loudly and I jumped from surprised. After the two mermaids went in, the door shut quickly. Behind the door, I heard Ursula's voice booming at the two mermaids for being late. I stiffened in my spot.

After a moment of silence, I regained my composure. This is the moment you've been waiting for, Flounder. It's time to go in there and tell Ursula to turn Ariel back into a mermaid. I did series of deep breathing until I calmed down; ready for some action. I quietly recited the 'Alohamora' phrase. Miraculously, right before my eyes, the door opened. Alright. Now I must get ready for a brave encounter with Ursula. I got my self defense skills ready, yet, no one was in sight. Huh, I must be pretty lucky today. But remember, Flounder, don't get too comfortable and be wary of your surroundings. When the door shut loudly, I jumped and all the nerves tingled throughout my body.  

I cautiously moved around the darkness. I wasn't able to see anything. Searching for a possible source of light, I touched what ever could be pressed. I knew it was risky but living is a big risk anyways. When I pressed the button, I dearly hoped it would turn some light on. After I pressed it, I heard a slight buzz and o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter