Tear #14

♥ Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Everything I Do) I Do it For You - Bryan Adams (open in new window)

Annabelle's POV

 

I stared at Kyungsoo while eating my dinner at a five star restaurant with big windows, famous for its specialty in seafood. I observed the way he sat and looked out the window. His hair had an orange glow from the evening sun shining behind him. I stared at him, content that he is mine. With the sudden urge to touch him, I grabbed his hand and held it tightly, trying to savor the soft warmth of his skin. He looked at me and smiled. This is what I have been waiting for all my life. While smiling back, Luhan suddenly spoke, interrupting our moment.

"Uhm, Annabelle? I'm sorry if I interrupted your mood," Luhan apologized. You better be.

"However, I want all of us to get to know each other better. So I'm wondering if you can tell us about yourself," Luhan continued.

"I was very shy when I was younger. My parents didn't bring me outside often because I was very sick and weak. However, what kept me strong was my passion for music. If I was lonely, I would play on the piano to unburden my heart. Perhaps it is music that I live for," I said thoughtfully, looking at Kyungsoo.

"Also, I have a poodle named Monggu!" I happily exclaimed. Kyungsoo's face brightened at the sound of Monggu's name and giggled, so did everyone else. After that, Luhan kept telling corny jokes that made no sense. We all laughed, easing the tension in the air.

While laughing along, I looked at the Maiden. I was observing her the whole time because something was suspicious about her. She had no name and she did not tell anyone of where she came from. In fact, no one seemed to know anything about her! Even more, she has a beautiful appearance. A beautiful appearance is the best disguise for a tainted mind. Just as I was about to ask her a question, Luhan interjected me. Again. Hmmm, did he notice me looking at the Maiden? Is he talking to me because he's friendly or... is he trying to avoid talking about the Maiden? He's pretty sharp. 

"Annabelle, tell me, how did you meet Kyungsoo?" Luhan asked.

While trying to think of an answer, I remembered how it all began.

 

>>>Flashback<<<

"Someone help! I'm drowning!" I yelled in vain, flailing my arms in all directions. With no response, I became tired. I couldn't hold myself up any longer and gave into my fatigue. I immsersed myself into the ocean. Is this the end of me? Am I going to die? Those thoughts echoed in my head for awhile before I lost consciousness.

 

 

I opened my eyes as I jolted upwards while looking around. I was underwater. How could this be? I thought I died! I looked at my hands and moved my body around. Is this Heaven? Why is Heaven so... eerie?

"Relax, my child. You are still alive," I heard a voice. I froze in my spot. What is going on? While I looked around frantically, I saw a black fog clouding around me. Consumed by fear, I wasn't able to escape as a figure appeared before me. She had a torso of a human female, however, her lower body consisted of black octopus tentacles. Eeeeeek! What is this creature?

"Hello, Annabelle. My name is Ursula, the witch of the sea," The so called Ursula greeted me.

"H-how d-do yo-you k-know my na-name?" I stuttered in fear.

"I know everything about people who catch my attention, like you. I know that you have been in love with Prince Kyungsoo ever since you were four," Ursula said with a sneaky smile. She's strange... she knows me too well.

"And?" I squeaked.

"I am willing to help you, IF you agree to do something for me," Ursula said to me. I looked at her in silence.

"What will you do?" I finally asked Ursula, curious about her offer of help me.

"I will make you and Kyungsoo be together," Ursula said nonchalantly as though it was nothing big.

"Really? And what do you possibly want me to do for you? I am sure a generous offer doesn't come without a high cost," I told her while mustering up all the courage in me.

Ursula smiled. "I just want you to do ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter