Tear #23

♥ Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rain Love - Rainie Yang (open in new window)

Ariel's POV

 

I gazed at myself in the mirror as a maid tightened my dress. My face was blank as I let my eyes wander around the room. Today's the day. His engagement party is today.

 

Once she was done, the maid walked around so she could face me. "Omo! You look gorgeous, Maiden. Truly stunning," she praised as she clapped her hands together in glee.

 

I only stared back at her for I was still a little dazed. I felt numb; my mind felt paralyzed to the point where I didn't know what to think or feel anymore.

 

After not getting a response, the maid moved my head so I would be looking at my own reflection. "See for yourself, my dear. You look beautiful." I gave a faint smile that reflected no emotion or thoughts.

 

I looked at myself from head to toe. I was wearing a coral pink evening dress that just barely touched the floor. It was fitted on the top, showing my curves, and loose and flowy on the bottom.

 

You look beautiful. I could feel my heart throbbing in my chest as the maid's words echoed in my head. How I yearned to hear those words coming from Kyungsoo's mouth. Tears started forming in my eyes at the thought. Will we really not have our happy ending?

 

 

I sat at the VIP table reserved for Kyungsoo and Annabelle's parents and closest friends. I was the only one at the table since guests were just starting to fill into the grand ballroom. Feeling strangely out of place, I looked down at my hands, fidgeting, as I let my mind wander elsewhere.

 

I couldn't help but to think about Kyungsoo again. The image of his face appeared in my head, and that's when I realized I haven't seen him all day. I hope he's okay... I hope he's... happy. I felt my heart ache in pain. Just the mere thought of him surges so many mixed emotions within me. I felt happiness, but at the same time, sadness nestling deep inside me.

 

I grabbed onto my chest as the pain began to get unbearable. I miss having him by my side. I miss him so much. I ducked my head down a little when the other guests sent me weird glances.

 

Feeling a sudden tap on my shoulder, I went beserk as I jumped out of my seat and whirled around. My eyes enlarged even more when recognition crossed my face. Luhan. He was wearing a suit with a white bowtie, and had his hair gelled and combed back neatly. With a hand tucked in his pants' pocket, he gave me his signature smirk that made every girl squirm, except me.

 

"You look breathtaking today, Maiden," Luhan said as he stared into my eyes.

 

Wanting to return the compliment, I slightly smiled and gave him a thumbs up. You look really handsome today, Luhan.

 

We were interrupted by a boisterous horn. Everyone's attention was centered on the four figures that just entered the room. They were the parents. "Welcome welcome! I'd like to thank all of you for coming to my son's engagement party. Please, take a seat," King Do announced with a proud smile on his face.

 

I bowed as King Do excorted his wife to the table. He didn't look quite pleased seeing me here, but still nodded as acknowlegment. 

 

The horn blared yet again, and this time Kyungsoo entered with his fiancée, Annabelle. My jaw dropped unconsciously while I silently gawked at his appearance. He wore a white tuxedo matched with a red tie, and his hair was gelled and pulled to the side. He looks so perfect. He stood at the entrance as he flaunted that cheeky

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter