Tear #11

♥ Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Marry You - Bruno Mars (open in new window)

Kyungsoo's POV

 

My heart was beating in an irregular rhythm. Everything in front of me began to waver like a wobbly time warp. At the same time, my brain was hammering against my head. God, help me. I moaned silently as I put my hand on a stand for support. Why is everything so complicated all of a sudden? Why? 

"Don't you think you should have consulted me with this before making the decision on your own? I mean, it's MY engagement. Shouldn't you at least asked me first?" I asked bitterly. I didn't mean to sound like a teenage brat but I wasn't having it today.

"Even if we have asked you, you would've objected to it. Don't you remember the numerous times we tried to bring up an engagement, you would refuse to listen and change the topic?" My mother retaliated.

"Mom, please. Let's not get into that. I-I need time to think about this," I said with a sigh, resting my hand on my forehead.

"That's what you always say! Each time you're scared of something, you retreat like a defeated soldier. Don't you think it's time to lean into something and give it a chance? After all, you're at the ripe age to settle down, correct?" My mother questioned, raising her left eyebrow.

I groaned to myself. Can this day get any better? First Luhan and now my parents. Did I do something wrong that I have to repent this unknown crime by making me miserable? Just as I was about to retort, my father gently spoke, breaking the aggressive tension rising between my mother and me.

"Son, we're sorry that we didn't consult with you first," My father apologized. "However, your mother and I gave deep thought and a long time of thinking about this engagement. Yes, I know you are angry that we didn't discuss this matter with you. Nonetheless, I want you to know that we're doing this to save you from future broken hearts and crushed hopes. I know the agony that comes from a broken heart. My son, I know because I've gone through them before. Since I have experienced them, I wanted to save you from the pain," My father continued.

I was surprised. I never thought of it that way, much less even imagine my father suffering from heartbreaks from his past loves. I began to feel calm, still, a small irritation stung me.

"So, my dear son, how about giving it a try, for me?"

I couldn't say no to my father when he asked me personally. In the end, I nodded my head slightly. 

"Alright, please bring the princess in," My father ordered Mr. Butler.

Mr. Butler opened the door and there she was. Annabelle. Just like the last time I saw her, she glowed radia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter