Tear #21

♥ Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shaking Heart - C-Clown (open in new window)

Kyungsoo's POV

 

In all honesty, I didn't know how to reply to Annabelle. Heck! I felt like a stranger in my own body. I should feel guilt for getting caught with another woman by my soon-to-be fiancée, right? But I didn't. Funny, isn't it?

As I opened my mouth to speak, she suddenly took off. Wait, what? Where is she going? My eyes widened as I watched her figure slowly disappear in the distance. Panick soon consumed me when I realized she was heading in the wrong direction. Her palace isn't that way! Where in the world is she going?!

Losing the ability to think, I got up and ran after her. Snap! Suddenly remembering the Maiden, I stopped for a brief second to look back at her seeing her blinking innocently at me. I'm so sorry, forgive me but I can't lose Annabelle. And with that thought, I resumed my chase.

It didn't take me long to catch up to her since she was running in heels. "Stop running," I yelled after Annabelle. But she still continued to run with her hands covering her tearing eyes. When I got close enough, I grabbed her wrists and yanked her to a halt for her to face me. "I said stop running," I panted.

After catching my breath, I laid my worried thoughts out. "What was that all about?! Where were you planning to run to at this hour? It's not safe for a woman to walk around alone at night!" I reprimanded her. But I softened after seeing her fragile state.

She looked down at her feet before replying, "Why do you care? You should've just stayed on the beach with the Maiden, and left me alone."

What? I froze at her words. Why do I care?! Anger rose within me. "Why do I care? Why do I care?!" My voice squeaked a little as I fumed at her absurdity. "Of course, I would care! You are my soon-to-be fiancée."

"If that is true, then why did I catch you cuddling with the Maiden on the beach?!" Annabelle snapped while looking at me with watery eyes.

I stumbled back, and my grip around her wrists loosened. Oh damn. Her statement caught me off guard. I didn't know how to reply.

"You know what, Kyungsoo? Why don't we just cancel the engagement. You clearly have feelings fo-" I cut her off.

"No! I mean, what are you talking about?! Where is this nonsense coming from?" I was confused already, and her sudden nonsense wasn't helping my situation at all.

"You know exactly where it's coming from! You like the Maiden! You totally ditched me for her back at the club," she screamed as her tears threatened to fall.

My eyes widened with realization. Pabo! I had been too preoccupied with Luhan's actions that I totally forgot about Annabelle. How could I have forgotten about her?!

"I'm s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter