Tear #3

♥ Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV

 

I never believed in those stories about time passing in slow motion, until now when I saw the ship tilt. Everything seemed to warp with the sluggish passage of time. The excruciating screams of helpless men scratched my inner ears. I could see men plunging into the violent waves. I froze when I noticed the young man, with the divine voice, on the edge of the ship.

With a fast-beating heart, I tried to swim to him.

“Ariel, you can’t!” Flounder exclaimed as he stopped me.

“Flounder! Please, let me go. I can't let him die!” I desperately shouted back at Flounder.

“Ariel, we have to go. We've been out for way too long, and the storm is only going to get worse!” Flounder sternly explained as he held my arm.

I shock his grip off my arm as I swam straight for the ship, totally disregarding his wishes.

Panic overcame my body as the young man was nowhere to be seen. Never in my life have I ever been so distressed. With great worry, I swam around the ship, and seeing men drowning all over. As much as I would like to save them all, I couldn't. Closing my eyes momentarily, I prayed with all my heart, tightly clasping my hands together. Please let the young man be alive. After I opened my eyes, I searched for the young man again only to find him barely staying afloat. That was when a giant wave came crashing down on him.

Stunned, I quickly swam over to his now unconcious body, and wrapped my arms around his torso to pull him to shore. Despite the turbulent winds and raging waves, I managed to swim all the way to shore with all the strength left inside of my body. As I carried on, I continued praying silently for the safety of everyone in the ocean, but most of all, for the young man in my arms.

 

 

When we got to the shore, I sat on the sand and lied him down gently on my lap. For a while, I stayed like that, just observing and memorizing his whole being. The way his long eyelashes lightly curled up, along with his dark brown hair, an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter