Tear #28

♥ Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rain Sound - B.A.P (open in new window)

Your POV

 

I sat alone in the guest room fiddling with my fingers. Kyungsoo left not too long ago to talk to Annabelle about their wedding. In all honesty, I felt this empty emotion at the pit of my stomach when his parents rejected his proposal to back out of the marriage. I couldn't deny the fact that I had this coming, and yet, I didn't understand why I still had my hopes up. What exactly did I expect? Ariel, you're so naive. We're clearly from two different worlds; I'm an average mermaid while he's a gorgeous human. What was I thinking coming here in the first place? I laughed bitterly at myself.

 

Not really wanting to cry, I shook my head as I got up and walked to the open balcony. The wind felt so nice as it lightly blew passed my face. I shut my eyes as I gradually relaxed while leaning on the railing. My thoughts eventually returned back to Kyungsoo, and images of his face refused to leave.

 

A sigh escaped my lips as I continued my thoughts. Is this really it? Was this just the fate of our love? I had so many questions with no answers to any of them. My heart twisted, and a lump formed in my throat. Just when I thought we could finally be together....Just when I thought things have changed for the better... I swallowed as I looked up at the sky to hold in my tears.

 

Instinctively, my eyes followed the clouds from one end of the sky to the other. That's when I realized something important. Life goes on. Right, life moves on. I nodded to further persuade myself. And I need to continue moving forward. I felt so determined before another thought popped into my head, deflating my whole being. But how? How am I supposed to move on? How am I supposed to get rid of my feelings for Kyungsoo? Even if our romance wasn't the most joyous one, and probably won't end well, it was still very important to me. I made so many treasurable memories with him that I can't just dump them away.

 

I experienced so much, happiness, sadness, heartbreak, but most importantly, love. And I don't ever think I'll regret falling in love with this prince. I cracked a small smile as I felt my heart expanding, feeling all the warmth from our memories. If that's the only place we can be together, then I'll forever live in them.

 

Just then, a rather high pitched voice shrieked snapping me out of my little daze. I looked down below to find a guy and a girl standing in the shallow part of the sea. The girl squeaked again as the guy, I assumed to be her boyfriend, splashed another round of ocean water on her. They look so happy. I couldn't help the envious feeling from surging through my veins as I wished to be in their shoes. They weren't doing anything special, simply just enjoying each other's presence while having carefree fun. That's all I ever wished for with Kyungsoo.

 

I watched as the couple happily

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter