Tear #18

♥ Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bubibu - APINK (open in new window)

Kyungsoo's POV

 

Everything happened in a hazy instance in my mind. I was holding onto the Maiden's hand, absorbing and registering the very movements of it. Her hand squirming like a dilapidated worm, attempting to break free from my grip. That only made me grasp her hand tighter, hoping to get a better grip on her. All the while, Luhan was there in front of me... trying to appease my anger. He claimed that it's not what it seemed and that his feelings for the Maiden were genuine. From that moment on, my mind became hollow. I didn't know what to think. I trusted him, I really did. I believed he would cherish the Maiden like a sacred gift and that's why I let him stay by the her side. As a best friend, I did the right thing, didn't I? Best friends should trust each other, right? Yet... now, I don't know anymore. I don't have faith in him. Am I the bad guy? 

I sputtered angry words at Luhan. I knew I would regret it in the future. I really knew I would but I couldn't contain the boiling rage inside me, burning my patience. I disregarded Luhan's promise to change himself for the better for the Maiden. I also threw away the thought of him having "genuine feelings" for her. Why? Well, because sincerity isn't supposed to hurt people. People with genuine feelings will do anything to bring happiness to their cherished ones. I then expelled my frustration towards Luhan. Despite being outraged at him, I was more angered with myself. I despised myself for losing my temper to Luhan. I hated how I am always propelled with things that concerned the Maiden. Most of all, I detasted how I didn't understand my own heart. I didn't know how I truly felt about Annabelle, and especially about the Maiden. It's quite sad, isn't it? Unable to control the overwhelming sensation, I decided to flee. Without realization, I still held on to the Maiden's hand as I ran, trying to leave my confused troubles behind.

 

 

Your POV

 

Huff. Huff. Huff. I was breathing heavily as Kyungsoo dragged me away from the nightclub. I looked at our hands held together. Why Kyungsoo? Why are you doing this to me? I saw how his hair glided through the wind, reminding me of the time when we rode Charles on the beach. A nostalgic emotion of love, that I almost forgot, returned to my heart. Sigh~ I felt like my heart was tearing into pieces. Just when I was starting to forget about Kyungsoo, there he comes walking back into my heart. Always appearing before my eyes in the moments I least wanted him to. Seriously, why Kyungsoo? Doesn't he have a future fiancée to take care of? Why is he taking me with him?

My heart fluttered as my feelings for the prince resurfaced. It's infuriating how my heart was divided for Kyungsoo and Luhan. My heart reminisces the sweet feeling of being in love with Kyungsoo everytime I see him. On the other hand, my heart cherishes the happiness and fun I had with Luhan. Why is love so complicated? Tears brimmed my eyes but I forced them not to fall. I-I just... I don't even know what I want anymore. I loved Kyungsoo but at the same time... my heart is warming up to Luhan. What should I do?

 

 

Kyungsoo's POV

 

Never have I felt so free, both mentally and physically. After running for what it seemed like eternity, I stopped. I was in front of the beach, the place where I rested after I survived from the shipwreck. The same breeze I woke up to brushed through my hair. I closed my eyes savoring the moment. Aah, this feels so nice. Is this how it feels to be free? While enjoying the moment, I felt something wiggle in my hand. What am I holding onto? After pondering a little, realization soon struck my head. Maiden's hand! I abruptly opened my eyes and stared at her with starry eyes. She looked back at me with a pained expression and then at our clasped hands. I looked down, noticing how her hands became intensely red from my tight grip. I immediately let go. Stupid Kyungsoo, look what you did! 

"Maiden! I am so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you" I desperately apologized. The Maiden glanced at me and sighed. Great, I just made her hate me. 

"Shall we take a walk?" I asked her shyly while burying my feet in the sand. The Maiden gave me a blank face, but then nodded. 

Together, we strolled along the sand. There was silence; it wasn't awkward or relaxing. Instead, this silence was... just... well, silent. I observed how we were the only one's strolling the beach with no one else to bother us. Wow, it's just us two walking on the beach together. I noticed her staring out into space. Her wispy hair followed the movements of the cool sea breeze and her eyes looked deep in thought. What could she be thinking about? Seagulls sang loudly as waves crashed onto the shore. We both stood still, and I continued to stare at her as she looked out into the sea. Why am I so drawn to her? I have Annabelle but... I always have this weird feeling whenever I'm with the Maiden. When I'm with Annabelle, I just... don't get the same sensation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter