Tear #13

♥ Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gone Not Around Any Longer - Sistar19 (open in new window)

Your POV

 

Laughter is the best medicine for a brokean heart, right? As I sat there laughing with Luhan, my fits of sadness slowly dissolved. In truth, I didn't know what to feel. I should be happy for Kyungsoo and congratulate him. However, part of me wanted to snatch him away and claim him as my own. How selfish am I, struggling against my own self to accept Kyungsoo's engagement. I came all the way here, and there he is with another woman. My heart jumped from distress. I feel like an idiot for coming here with such high hopes now. Gradually, my facial expression changed from liveliness to a scowl.

I started hating myself for waiting for Kyungsoo like a blind fool. All I did was wait and watch over Kyungsoo, hoping he would reach his heart out to me. Never have I expected the possibility of him giving his heart to someone else. Is this what love is? To give unconditionally but not get the same in return? My mind became numb as I immersed myself in despair. With Kyungsoo engaged, there's no reason for me to be around him, right? He found a person he loves dearly while I... am still waiting, only looking at him as a sunflower only gazes at the bright sun. As much as I wish he can love me back, I don't have the slightest courage to break the engagement in fear that he will be sad. His sadness will tear me apart more than his engagement.

I looked at Luhan, who is sitting here patiently and bearing the heavy heartbreak with me. His compassionate eyes looked into mine, trying to understand my inner turmoils. Sigh~ Kyungsoo must be with his beloved woman right now while I am here, hopeless like a bird with broken wings that can never be mended. Tears swelled in my eyes and dropped like raindrops. Never have I felt so pathetic. I wanted to be angry at Kyungsoo for leaving me while chasing after another girl. Nevertheless, I couldn't be angry at him. I loved him too much to do that and that only made me angrier at myself.

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I sighed as I nodded so I wouldn't make him any more anxious. He looked at me with puppy eyes and sighed too.

"No, you're not," Luhan said softly. He looked down and lifted his gaze towards me.

"You know, there's no shame in crying. Sometimes, the best remedy for a broken heart is a good cry and a good hug," Luhan said with a slight smile.

Luhan hugged me tightly as I rested my head on his shoulder, crying. I closed my eyes and embraced his comfort because I really needed it at the moment. Just as I was enjoying the serenity in Luhan's hug, I saw two figures at the door. My eyes grew at the sight.

 

 

Kyungsoo's POV

 

While enjoying my picnic with Annabelle, I learned a lot about her. She taught herself how to play the piano, and that she frquents the church, where we first met, to give music lessons to kids. I laughed as she told me some of her funny teaching experiences. Also, I learned that her favorite color is pink and that she has a pet poodle named Monggu. What a funny name! I giggled at the sound of that name.

Time flew as we chatted away. But for some reason I felt something tugging on my conscience. Just as I was about to say something, I thought of the Maiden. The Maiden! I forgot to leave her something to eat! Why do I keep forgetting her?! I face palmed. Annabelle only stared dumbfoundedly at my sudden action.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked with worry lines on her forehead.

"Uhm, kind of. There is a guest in my palace, and I forgot to leave some food out," I answered her.

"Really? Then why don't we go greet t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter