The So-Called Orientation

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

Yuri’s POV

            I always got home a little bit later than the others; due to the major I take. I really miss my girlfriend even though we saw each other this morning. When I enter the living room, she’s not there. Instead, there’s Hyomin lazily reading the magazine and Sooyoung munching while watching the TV. Sooyoung sees me and greets me with full of food.

            “Hi there, Yul! Want some?” she offers me the snack she’s eating.

            “Hi, children. No, thank you. Where’s Sica?” I say as I plop down on the couch in the middle of these two people.

            “She’s in the kitchen, trying to help Taeyeon prepare dinner.” Hyomin answers without looking up from her magazine.

            “Tae’s preparing dinner? What’s the occasion?” usually we would just order some take-outs for dinner.

            “Orientation for Hyominnie’s new man!” Sooyoung answers still with mouth full of food.

            “Oooooh! This would be interesting! It’s about time. When was the last time we’re doing that? A month ago?” I tease Hyomin. She brought home a nice fellow just last month.

            “Shut up.” Hyomin answers still without looking up from her magazine.         

            “So, who’s the not-so-lucky guy now?”

            “Not-so-lucky? They’re lucky enough to go out with me!” Hyomin says with boastful expression.

            “Yeah, lucky only for 2 weeks. They got unlucky after you dumped them.”

            “Not my fault they become boring.” She retorts back in a matter-of-fact tone.

            Gosh, I really pity all of those guys. Hyomin could be a real heartless b*tch. She’s known as the Campus Heartbreaker. Thank God she’s a really great friend. Or else, I wouldn’t stand her.  

 

 

Jessica’s POV

            “Baby~~” my girlfriend just enters the kitchen and I immediately get up from my seat to hug her.

            “Hey.” She gives me a kiss on the cheek. I sit back down but still cling to her arm.

            “Hi, Yul. Please tell your girlfriend to stop offering to help me out.” Taeyeon greets her while still cooking.

            “Why won’t you let me help, Tae?!” before Yuri’s here, I kept on asking Taeyeon on what should I do to help, but she keeps telling me to just sit back and relax.

            Taeyeon faces us and looks directly at my girlfriend, as if trying to send her a hidden message, “Because I can handle this myself. I thank you for your kind offer though.”

            Yuri giggles and pats my head, “She can manage by herself, baby. Stop offering to help her, okay.”

            Well I know Taeyeon is reluctant having me in the kitchen as I once almost burnt the apartment down because I can’t cook. But at least I still want to learn!

            “Fine.” I decide to drop it when Yuri takes a seat beside me and pulls me in a hug.

            “So, who’s the guy now?” she asks as she puts her chin on top of my head, arms around my shoulder and my arms around her waist.

            “She said he’s a sophomore.”

            “Really? Going for younger guys now, huh?”

            “Seniors, juniors, sophomores, AND freshmen on campus are crazy for her. I even know some girls who’s going gaga over her.”

            “Wow, how come I didn’t know that?”

            “Because you’re too busy looking at me.” I can’t believe those words goes through from my mouth. I became a huge cheeseball when I’m with her.

            She smiles and kisses my forehead, “True.”

            I smile back and peck her neck.

            “Gosh, get a room!” Taeyeon shows an unpleasant look. Yuri and I just laugh it off. We’re on the point of a relationship where we don’t even care where we are and who’s in the room with us. It’s so different with Taeyeon and Tiffany. Seeing that both of them are still new with this kind of relationship and they just got together not long ago, they’re still so shy, even with each other.

            “Anyway, why you always want to meet Hyomin’s boyfriend, Tae?”

            “Well I have to make sure they won’t hurt her. That’s what friends are for, right? Even though Hyomin is the one who would hurt them in the end, but it became a habit to meet her flings and it’s fun anyway, isn’t it?” we all agreed to that. It is fun to see how nervous the guys are when they come. Who wouldn’t be? Meeting your partner’s second family and hoping for their blessings. It’s scarier than meeting our real family. Imagine 5 mischievous sisters to impress.

            “I would love to meet Sooyoung’s boyfriend in the future too. But I guess it’s not going to happen anytime soon” She looks at me briefly before continuing her statement, “and fortunately you two have each other.” 

            “And Tiffany has you.” I add that up.

            “Yeah.” She grins at the mention of her girlfriend.

            “You won’t hurt her, right? She went through a lot of bad relationship before. You’re her last hope.” Yuri says with serious tone. Of course, she cares for her because they’re close, since they knew each other in high school and now they’re roommates. I’m not jealous. I know I’m still her number one girl~

            “Of course I won’t. I love her.”

            Right on cue, Tiffany enters the kitchen, skipping happily “Who do you love, Tae?” she stands right beside her girlfriend.

            “Umm.............................. you.” Taeyeon blushes instantly. 

            Tiffany also blushes hearing her reply, “Oh....... I...... I love you too.”

            And now both of them are quiet. See what I mean? They’re still shy with each other!

            “Aaaaaawwww look at you guys being shy!” I can’t help to squeal looking at the blushing couple in front of me. Yuri is also laughing looking at how shy the two of them are. 

            The new couple is so cute! I can say that they love each other very much. Just like Yuri and me. I hope they last forever like we would.