Ephebophilia

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

Hyomin’s POV

            Jessica welcomes her girlfriend and engulfs her in a tight hug as if she hasn’t seen her in years. I look at Sooyoung, and as expected her face turns dark promptly. Hah! She’s so gay over her roommate.

            Honestly, living with 5 girls and 4 of them are lesbians would affect you in some way. For example, when we’re watching something on TV and there’s a handsome actor, I would squeal by myself (sometimes Tiffany would squeal too, being the bi she is) while the others would only say ‘he’s not bad’. They would have different reaction when they saw beautiful actress. They would check them out. If there were a music program, they would turn the volume up and watch keenly when girl groups perform. They would ignore the boy groups and chit chat with each other, ignoring the TV all the way. Somehow I’m beginning to do that too but that’s how far they affected me. Only in entertainment preferences.

            In Sooyoung’s case, she got affected more than that. It’s true that she hasn’t brought a guy home before. But I could tell she used to be straight! We would squeal together when we saw a handsome actor on TV. But now, she doesn’t even know who’s on TV as she keeps stealing glances at Jessica.

            All of us knew about this except for Sooyoung and Jessica. Jessica is oblivious to her roommate change of behavior towards her. She just thought that Sooyoung is becoming a lesbian, but unaware with the person behind her change. Yuri knew about it also, but she’s not worried because she knows Sooyoung won’t steal her girlfriend and that she’s still in her denial state.          

            Back to present time, I’m the first one to go to my own room when the topic of the conversation is back about me and my current victim of love. I got really annoyed with it so I just said I’m sleepy and here I am thinking about my so-called-fling.

            Seriously, this guy is different from the other guys I used to date. I never felt butterflies in my stomach before, I never felt giddy when I heard a guy’s voice before, and I surely never miss anybody this badly just after talking to them moments ago! He’s really different. I might fall for him. But that’s not the only thing that makes him different from the other guys I used to date. 

            I would definitely bring him home so he can meet my girls here. But there’s this one different thing that makes me hesitant to do so.

            He’s younger than me. I’m a senior and he’s a junior.

            Only one year apart? Yes, if he’s a junior in college.

            Problem is, he’s a junior in high school.