Messed Up

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

 

WOW 40 subs! Thank you very much people <3 

 


 

 

Yuri’s POV

            As I enter the apartment, I hear voices from the kitchen. Taeyeon must be cooking now. Just when I’m about to walk toward the kitchen, I halt my step. She must be in there too.

            Before I could change my direction to my room, the doorbell rings and Hyomin walks out from the kitchen.

            “Yuri-ah! You’re here!!” she tackles me in a hug.

            “Easy there, Hyomin-ah.” I hug her back.

            “I haven’t seen you like forever! I miss you.”

            I smile at her remarks, “I miss you too.”

            The doorbell rings again. This time she lets me go and squeals, “It must be him! Can you open the door for me, Yul? I need to make sure I look okay.” She runs to her room without waiting for my reply.

            “You look fine!!!” I shout at her. It’s kind of weird, never in her hundreds of orientation she ever did last minute check like this.

            I go to the door and open it. Much to my surprise, it’s my cousin.

            “Soonkyu?”

            “Yuri?”

            “What are you doing here?” we say that simultaneously.

            “I live here.” He looks petrified.

            “You...you’re Hyomin’s house mate?”

            “Yeah. How do you....” realization hits me.

            “YOU’RE HYOMIN’S BOYFRIEND?!!!”

            Right on cue, the suspect comes in.

            “What’s with the yelli-”

            “YOU’RE DATING MY COUSIN?!!” I turn to Hyomin. This is UNBELIEVEABLE. She’s dating my younger cousin? Hyomin is dating Soonkyu?!

            “Sunny is your cousin?” she looks surprised also.

            “End this. I don’t want you to date him.” I say in a so-called calmer tone. I need to compose myself.

            “What?! Yul, you have no rights!” Soonkyu speaks up.

            “You don’t know her! She tosses you out when she got bored with you. And you!” I point my finger to Hyomin. To hell with composing myself.

            “What do you want from a 17 year old boy?! You’re a e now? Can’t those college guys satisfy you enough?!” she looks shock by my statement. Is that too harsh? Well he’s my younger cousin! My little baby brother. And he’s going to get hurt by the Campus Heartbreaker.

            “Yul, stop it!!” I never see Soonkyu mad like this. Suddenly there’s another presence at the door.

            “Hi, so sorry to interrupt. Does Jessica lives here?”

            Jessica? What she’s got to do with my girl? Wait, my ex-girl.

            Just like in the movie, Jessica and Taeyeon step in.

            “What is going on?” Taeyeon asks.

            “Hey, you’re here already!” it seems like Jessica doesn’t see me at all and she knows this girl who pops out from nowhere.

            Taeyeon takes notice of my presence and looks worried.

            “Who’s she?” I look straight at Jessica’s eye.          

            “She’s my date.” She answers swiftly without even looking at me, “Oh wait, Soonkyu? What are you doing here?”

            Her date? Her date? Her date?! HER DATE?! I feel like exploding right there and then.

            “I’m Hyomin’s boyfriend.” He answers her sheepishly.

            We all fell into this awkward silence. That’s it. I don’t say another word and storm out from the apartment. 

 

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

            I got home a little bit late. When I arrived, Hyomin’s boyfriend was already there and Jessica has gone to her date. Dinner was slightly awkward. I found out that Sunny is actually Soonkyu, Yuri’s cousin, and that Yuri went ballistic when she found out that her housemate a.k.a. Campus Heartbreaker is actually dating her younger cousin that she considers her baby brother. I also found out that Yuri also met Jessica’s date. Tonight must be terrible for her.

            Besides that, all of us got to know Hyomin’s boyfriend, which is the real intention of tonight’s dinner. Soonkyu is actually a nice young man. If I didn’t know about his age beforehand, I wouldn’t have guess he’s still 17. He’s very wise and adult-like. Hyomin was fidgeting the whole time. She really didn’t know Soonkyu and Yuri are related. But Soonkyu was looking rather calm about the problem and telling her that it’s going to be just fine.

            Sooyoung was there, but her mind was someplace else. We all knew she’s also got affected by Jessica’s absence.

            And Taeyeon...... she acts like I’m not visible. It hurts so much. But I can’t do anything about that. I lost all my courage to talk to her again since the night I said ‘We’re over’. This is not what I want. I don’t want to become strangers with her. But I guess that’s inevitable with the way I ended our relationship. I gave myself a pat on the back for not crying like a maniac through dinner.     

            After dinner, we all bid our good night and farewell to Soonkyu. I lay on my bed and surge of emotion run through me. I miss her like crazy. It’s only been a day but I already miss her so much.

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

            “You’re home early.” Sooyoung says when I enter our room. I just got back from my date and she’s still wide-awake, lying on her bed.

            “Yeah.” I give her a small smile. “How’s the dinner?”

            “It’s okay.”

            “I still can’t believe Hyomin’s dating Yuri’s cousin though.” Even saying her name gives me chills.

            “Small world, huh?”

            I nod and sit on my bed. She looks a little bit hesitant, but then she asks me, “How’s your date?”

            I look at her before giving my answer, “She asked me to be her girlfriend.”

            I guess she’s kind of expecting that, “Congra-”

            “I didn’t say yes.”

            She sits up and looks at me, waiting for me to go on.

            “I can’t.” I look down and I feel like crying.

            “When she said the word ‘girlfriend’, the only think that came to my mind is Yuri.”

            “Why can’t I get her off my mind, Soo? Why?” I don’t know how many times I’ve cried over her. The tears won’t stop even if I cried a river. Sooyoung sits beside me and pulls me in a hug.

            “You know why, Sica-ah. You know exactly why.”

            I cry louder before she states the obvious for me, “You still love her.”

            I remember every single word she said to me that night, ‘People change. And my feelings towards you change also.’

            But how come I can’t change? How come my feelings about her didn’t change at all?

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

            A new heart is not a cure for her broken one. The only one that can heal her is the one who broke it in the first place. I tuck her in her bed after she fell asleep. I watch her for some time before going out to grab a glass of water to cool myself. I’m not too late to tell her how I feel, I never had a chance from the start.

            Much to my surprise, she’s in the kitchen. She sits on the table. We have an eye contact for quite some time, well it’s more than I glare at her, but none of us say anything. Surge of anger rushes through me. I look away and resume to grab a glass of water.             

            “You’re a , you know that.” And those words just come out from my mouth. She looks shocked at my statement, but keeping mum about it.

            Seeing no reaction from her, I continue my rant, “You’re a heartless for throwing her like that.”

            “I didn’t throw her!” she slams her hand on the table. “You don’t know anything. Mind your own business!” She says so while trying to control her emotion.

            “It is MY damn business! She’s my friend and-and ......” somehow I can continue my sentence.

            “And what?” she sounds very intimidating. I look away from her menacing glare.

            “You haven’t confessed to her, have you? Well it’s too late. She got a new girlfriend already.” 

            “I’m not too late!! There never was a race anyway.” Her eyes turn soft. She doesn’t say anything and stands up from her seat.

            When she’s about to leave, I finally say it to her, “She still loves you. You know that, don’t you?” 

            She stops and just stands there. A moment pass and she walks away without looking back at me.

 

 


 

 

I don't like you

But I love you

It seems that I always thinking of you

Oh Oh Oh

You treat me badly

I love you madly

You really got a hold on me

You really got a hold on me

 

I don't want you

But I need you

I don't want to kiss you

But I need to

Oh Oh Oh

You do me wrong now

My love is strong now

You really got a hold on me

You really got a hold on me

 

You Really Got A Hold On Me by She & Him