Reconciliation

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

 

:)


 


 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

            The room grows awfully quiet. She leans on the desk and looks at the floor, avoiding my gaze while I was rooted on my spot not far from the door. I was a stupid fool, I didn’t have the courage to say what I want to say when we walked back home earlier. I was nervous as hell! You knew the story, right when I was about to talk, we got interrupted by my cell phone. I was really surprised and confused when she ran away like that.

            I’m really grateful for Hyomin & Sooyoung’s thoughtful idea of leaving the two of us alone. But now, words got stuck on my throat again. Urgh. Come on, Tae! This is your chance to get her back!

            I wish words weren’t necessary in this situation. I wish I could just hug her and just like that she’s mine again. 

            I muster all the courage I have and start talking, “Fany-ah, why did you run away earlier?”

            She doesn’t answer me and stays silent.

            “Tiffa-”

            “It’s nothing.” she’s starting to fiddle her fingers. “What did you want to talk about?”

            It’s now or never, “I miss you. I miss us.”

            I got her attention as she looks up at me with a surprised look. I take one step closer as our eyes still lock with each other.

            “I want you back, Fany-ah.” Finally I said it. She doesn’t say anything, she just looks at me with indescribable look on her face.

            After minutes just staring at each other, she finally opens .            

            “We can’t, Tae.” She looks sad and I know that’s not the words she wanted to say to me. “How about your mom?”

            I stand right in front of her and hold her hand with both of my hands, making her look at me, “Fany-ah, why did you break up with me?”

            She looks confused by my question, but answers anyway, “Because I don’t want you to choose between me and your family.”

            “You did it because you want me to be happy?” I ask her again.

            She nods her head.

            “It’s not because the PDA thing, isn’t it?”

            She shakes her head, “No.”

            “It’s not because you didn’t love me anymore, right?”

            “No. I still love you, Taeyeon-ah.”

            I feel like I’m floating, hearing that she still loves me. I smile at her.            

            “You love me enough to let go. You think about my happiness when you broke up with me.”

            She doesn’t know where I’m going with my statement. I hold her hand up and kiss it.

            “Fany-ah, if my mom loves me like you do, then she will think about my happiness first and foremost. She will accept me for whoever I am.”

            Her eyes widen, “But-but.... you don’t think Yuri’s mom loves her? How can you be so sure that your mom will-?” I can’t hold myself anymore, I put my lips on hers and cut her off mid-sentence.

            At first she doesn’t move a muscle, but I keep on kissing her. I miss her too damn much! But slowly I feel she moves her lips and starts to kiss me back. I pull away when oxygen was needed.

            “I’m sure she will.”

            She still looks doubtful, but doesn’t say anything, instead she caresses my cheek with her free hand, “I miss you so much, Tae.”

            I smile upon her gesture and words, “So, can I be your girlfriend again?”                

            She smiles her famous smile, “I would love you to be my girlfriend again.” The butterflies on my stomach flying crazier than they already are.

            I rub her upper arms with my hands and pull her closer. She still caresses my cheek while her other hand is resting on my waist.

            We kiss again and I feel like I’m in cloud nine. Before the kiss got more heated, I heard the door opens, and

            “OH MY GOODNESS!”

            We instantly break the kiss and I turn around to see the intruder.

            It’s the owner of the room, none other than Jessica. “You guys....” she points at me then to Tiffany, “are getting back together?”.

            Both of us nod sheepishly. She looks at us with wide eyes. But then she squeals and hugs the both of us, “I’m so happy for both of you! Finally~”

            When she pulls away, I just realize that her eyes are red and puffy.

            “Sica-ah, have you been crying?”

            She takes a step back from us and sits on the edge of her bed.

            “Uh, yeah.” She has this bitter smile.

            “Sooo, you and Yuri are... okay now?” Tiffany asks as she sits beside her.     

            I raise my eyebrows, “Huh?”

            “I just had a talk with Yuri, Taeyeon-ah.” Jessica answers my curiosity. But wait, why she had a talk with Yuri?

            It’s like she knew I’m asking that without voicing it out, she answers me again, “I knew that her mom doesn’t accept her being with me.”

            “You knew?!” 

            “Well, your little girlfriend here unintentionally told me.” She nudges my girlfriend. Sounds damn right, isn’t it? My girlfriend.  

            “You did?!”

            “I did not mean to tell her. I was angry and kinda blurted it out.”

            “Why were you angry?”

            They told me what happened between them that particular Saturday when Hyomin, Sooyoung, and I went out to buy groceries.            

            “I was not supposed to tell you, Sica-ah. Yuri must be angry at me now.”

            “But if you didn’t tell me, then I would always be clueless and wonder about Yuri’s sudden change of heart.”

            “What’s going to happen to both of you then?” I ask her.

            “Nothing...... We can’t even be friends. She told me it’d be too hard for her to just be friends with me, because she would always want to be more than that. I respect her decision and honestly, it won’t be easy for me either if we act like mere friends.”

            Tiffany pats her back soothingly.

            “I’m sorry to hear that, Sica-ah.” I say and grab her hand.

            “Hey, it’s okay. I’m fine. Even better, I finally got my closure. I know it’s impossible for us to get back together, so I have to move on now. It’ll take some time.... no, it’ll take forever to do so. But I’ll survive.” She tries to smile but it turns into a very bittersweet smile.  

            “We’ll always be here for you, Sica-ah.”

            “I know. I’m thankful for having friends like you girls. Especially Sooyoung. She never leaves my side ever since I broke up.”

            Tiffany and I exchange glances. Should we tell her about Sooyoung’s true feelings toward her? But then it’s not really our place to tell her that. So we just keep mum about it.