Feelings

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

Hello readers! I want to say thank you for reading my stories, subscribing, upvoting, and commenting :D means a lot to me!!!

Now now, about yulsic~ no worries guys my heart belongs to them also hehe. So.......... since this story is going to end, I decided to make a sequel for yulsic couple. What do you think? 

Anyway, thank you once again and hope you enjoy this story as much as I do :D 

 

♥♥♥

 

 


 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

            I can’t believe we’re finally graduating in two days! Only in two days and we’ll go on our own separate ways. I can’t meet my best friends every single day any longer. I also won’t see her anymore. 

            Being thousands miles away from her will be the best way to forget her, right? At least I hope so. Because honestly, how can you move on when you’re sure that she’s the one for you? I can’t think like that. I have to move on. I really have to.

            I’m already under my blanket, I close my eyes but I can’t sleep. I keep thinking about her. Should I really move on? My head tells me to forget her, but of course my heart tells me otherwise. Somehow, as stupid and silly as it sounds, I still believe she’s the one for me. Kwon Yuri is the one for me.

            I stare at the ceiling. Is going to US will be a mistake? Should I just study in Japan instead? US is too far away, isn’t it? Maybe I should just stay here? My head screams its disagreement. I toss and turn on my bed.

            “Sica-ah? You can’t sleep?” Sooyoung’s voice breaks the silence in our room.  

             I turn my body to face her, “Yeah. You?”

            “I... I can’t sleep too.” I can’t see her expression in the dark, but she sounds unsure.

            “Why can’t you sleep, Sooyoungie? Something’s bothering you?”

            She turns on her bed side light and sits up, “Umm... what about a warm milk, Sica-ah?” She looks at me but I can tell she’s not looking at my eyes.

            “Sure.” I got up from bed and hold up my hand for her. She looks hesitant but takes it without looking at me.

            I lead the way to the kitchen and she trails behind me.

            When we’re in the kitchen, I take a seat on one of the dinner chair while she prepares the milk. I watch every move she makes.

            “You know Sooyoungie, I will miss this.”

            She looks over her shoulder and gives me a warm smile.

            “I’ll definitely miss you.” Of course I will miss her terribly. She’s the one who’s always by my side and my main support system through my darkest days.

            She doesn’t reply and finishes warming up the milk. She gives me one glass and stays standing rather than sitting on the chair.

            “I will miss you too, Sica-ah.” She leans her back on the kitchen counter and drinks the milk.

            “Promise me you’ll keep contact no matter how busy you are.”

            “I promise.”

            We fall into silence. But it’s a comfortable one. It’s always comfortable with Sooyoung.

            “Sica-ah, actually... I.... I... I need to tell you...something.” she looks nervous now. Hmm what is it she wants to tell me?

            “What is it, Soo?”

            She looks down and fiddles with her glass.

            “Is everything okay? You can tell me anything, Sooyoungie.”

            “I..I’ve been keeping this for some time.”

            “What you’ve been keeping?” what is she trying to say and why is she so nervous? It’s just me.

            “A big secret of mine.”

            Then it hits me. She’s finally going to confess that she’s gay, right? The girls and I had suspected this for some time. Due to the stuff that’s been happening lately, I kind of forgot that she seems confused over the matter. I’m such a bad friend. I should’ve put more attention to this. She’s always there to listen about my problems and she never complains even once. I feel rather guilty now.

            “I know.” She looks completely surprised. She really thinks I won’t know? Silly girl~

            “I’m sorry, Sooyoungie. I should’ve talk to you about this sooner. I know you’re confused about this. But honestly, there’s nothing to be ashamed of. You realize that the only one who’s straight in here is Hyomin, right? You shouldn’t be shy to come out to us, Soo.” I smile at her assuring.

            “Huh?” she has this confused look on her face, but I shrugged it off. She really thinks I don’t know already that she’s gay?

            “Oh, come on now. Tell me who’s the lucky girl who release the gay part of you?” There must be a girl who turns her into a lesbian, right?

            I can’t read her expression. Is she sad? She looks down again. Okay, this is totally weird. One minute she’s nervous, but now she looks like she’s in pain. What is wrong with her??

            I stand up and try to approach her, ”Sooyoungie? Are you okay? You’re acting a little bit weird. What’s wrong?”

            She finally looks up at me, “It was you.”

            It was me? What is she talking about?   

            “Wha-what are saying?” I don’t know why but I take a step away.

            “You’re the ‘lucky’ girl, Jessica.”

            I look at her, bewildered.

            “You are the reason, Sica-ah. I.......... fell in love with you. All this time.”

            It’s like someone just pour cold water to my head. Realization hits me hard. So she did everything because she’s in love with me? I don’t know what I’m supposed to feel. Yes, I became dependant on her. Yes, I feel very comfortable around her. Yes, she would be the perfect girlfriend for me. But why I feel that this is not right?

            “Sooyoung-ah.... I.... I....” this is so awkward. What am I supposed to say? I can’t see you more than a friend? I love you as a sister? Oh my God, I don’t want to hurt her!

            “I’m... I’m so... sorry.”

            She looks like she’s about to cry.

            I want to hug her but should I not? She looks so broken and I feel so guilty. I never thought I could hurt her like this. After all she did for me, is this how I repay her? But I know I can’t love her the way she loves me. I only see her as my best friend and I don’t want to give her false hope. Seeing her like this just kills me. I’m such a bad person.

            I start to tear up. Things are going to change. It’s going to be awkward between us, isn’t it?

            “Hey, hey why are you the one who’s crying?”

            “I... I...I’m.. I’m going..... to lose you, aren’t I? You’re going to.... to hate.. me.” I say in between my sob.

            “Sica-ah, I’m not going to hate you and I’m just too stupid of a person to fall in love with my best friend.” She pulls me closer and hugs me. I hug her back tightly.

            “I’m the one who’s sorry for having this feelings for you. I’m sorry.”

            I shake my head and pull away, “Don’t be sorry, Soo. We can’t choose who we’re falling for. If we can, I would definitely choose you.” 

            She hugs me again and I feel my t-shirt is getting wet. Way to go, Jessica. She’s crying because of me! I cry too and we stay like that for some time.           

            No matter how guilty and bad I feel, but I can’t force myself to reciprocate her feelings. How can I return her feelings when I also love someone who can’t love me back? Love is complicated. It can’t be force, erase, or change that easily.