False Predicament

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

 

WAAAAA! 50 subs and comments~ hihi thank you people. I really appreciate it :)

Double update for today!

 


 

 

Tiffany’s POV

            I’m walking by myself after class is over. As I walk and enjoy the evening breeze, I remember how I used to go home with her. We would buy groceries once in a while before we went back home. I remember this exact road when she pulled her hand away when I held it. PDA was something she’s not used to. But I understand her reason and I won’t force her if she’s still uncomfortable by it. That’s why when Jessica accused me that night I got really surprised. Even though Jessica concluded the reason by herself, but she knew about our problem. Did she tell her? Well it makes me wonder, am I such a burden to Taeyeon? Maybe our separation is for the best. Despite our situation now, where we act as strangers, but I’m grateful she had been part of my life.  

            Nevertheless, I do miss her very much. The way she laughs when I say something stupid, the look in her eyes when she talked to me, the smile she had when she sees me, the warmth she’s emitting when she’s beside me. I miss everything about her.

            “Tiffany!” I think I’m going crazy. I started to hear her sweet voice calling my name.

            “Tiffany!!” her voice is getting louder. Okay, this is getting creepy. Am I really losing my mind? I walk faster.

            I feel a hand on my shoulder and I scream like a maniac.

            “Gosh, what’s wrong with you? It’s me.” I turn around and there she is, panting.

            “Tae-Taeyeon? Were you the one who’s calling me earlier?”

            “Yes, I saw you walking from the gate of our campus and I tried to catch up with you but you walked so fast.” She regains her breath and retracts her hand that was previously on my shoulder.       

            We look at each other and I swear if I don’t look away that instant, I would hug her and ask her to come back to me. I can feel she’s still looking at me. It’s really awkward.

            “Mmm, let’s go home together?”

            I just nod and resume walking while looking at the ground. We’re walking side by side. I have this urge to hold her hand, but I fight back and remind myself that we can’t and we shouldn’t be together. 

            But wait, did she just run to catch up with me? She... wanted to go home together with me? She wouldn’t even look at me before. What makes her change her mind? Could it be that she.................... has found someone else? Pain stings in my heart. Crazy thoughts, I know, but just the mere assumption of her dating someone else is killing me.

            “Fany-ah? I need to talk to you.” Her voice brings me back from my thoughts. I look up at her and realize we’re in front of our apartment’s door already. Does the distance from campus got shorter? Or am I too absorbed in my own stupid thoughts?

            As soon as our gaze interlocks with each other, I look away and stare at the ground again. Her eyes are by far more interesting than this dull looking floor, but the floor is much safer than her intense stare at me.

            “Tiffany....” her forefinger is on my chin, forcing me to look back up at her. Oh my God, her touch. I finally look at her eyes. That soft and loving stare.

            I’m tearing up. I don’t even know why. But yes, there are tears building up on my eyes, threatening to come out. What does she want to talk to me about? Is she going to tell me that she moves on already? She’s asking permission if she can date other people and trying to see if I’m okay with it? I’M NOT! Is that what she wants to talk to me about?!

            We still look at each other, her finger is still on my chin. Just when she opens , her cell phone rings. I miss her touch as soon as she starts digging her bag to find her cell phone. I take this chance to enter our apartment. I literally run to my room and shut the door with a slam. I slid down the door as my tears come out. It’s too soon. I can’t take it if she’s dating other people already.

 

 

Hyomin’s POV

            The girls haven’t come home yet. So I’m basically by myself in this apartment, sitting on the couch and watching TV. Sunny and me are doing well. He keeps telling me that Yuri will come to her senses soon enough. But I can’t stay still and waits for the uncertainty. I need to talk to her. I need to convince her that I’m serious with her cousin. Nevertheless, I don’t want to get into an argument with her. What if she’s mad at me and makes me choose between Sunny and her? Yes, as stupid as it sounds, but this whole ordeal about ‘choosing between the love of your life & family’ affects me too. So I’m kind of afraid to talk to her.  

            Suddenly I can hear the front door opens and sees Tiffany runs into her room and slams the door. I jolt from my lazy position and sit upright. What was that? I’m contemplating myself to check her condition, but should I just let her cool down by herself first? I’m still thinking on what should I do when Taeyeon comes in with a confused look.

            “What’s going on? What did you do?”

            She looks baffled, “I didn’t do anything. I...I....”

            I hear the front door opens again and this time, Yuri enters.

            “Yuri! We need to talk.” Does that just come out from my mouth? Wow where did I get the courage?

            She looks at me without any expression and sits right beside me on the couch.

            Taeyeon stands there looking more confused. She’s hesitating in front of Tiffany’s room but then we look at each other. She looks to Yuri who’s sitting beside me and looks at me again. 

            “Uh, I’m going to my room then.” She gives me an encouraging smile before going to her room.

            Now I got Yuri besides me, what should I say? Okay, breathe in, breathe out. Let’s just get straight to the point.

            “Yul, I just want you to know that I’m not toying around with Sun- with Soonkyu. I... love him and I won’t hurt him.” I look straight at her eyes, trying to assure her with all strength that I have.

            She looks back at me, then close her eyes, and let out a heavy sigh.

            “I’m not worried about him.”

            Huh? Did I hear myself correctly?            

            She opens her eyes and looks at me, “I’m worried about you.”

            “Huh? You’re worried about me?”

            “I’m afraid he’s the one who would hurt you, dumb-.” She pokes my shoulder.

            I just stare at her blankly. So I assume falsely all along?

            “After I talk to him and I found out from Tiffany, I knew you’re pretty serious with him and you won’t hurt him. But then, the more I think about it, he’s still 17, Hyomin-ah. Seventeen. He can say he’s also serious with you now but he’s going to enter college next year while you.... you’ll be a career woman and starts thinking about marriage. You know about college boys more than anyone, Hyomin-ah. They’re all about having fun.”

            I can’t believe what I’m hearing. She’s worried that I’m the one who’ll get hurt. I instantly hug her.

            “What the?! Hey what’s wrong with you?” she sounds annoyed but didn’t push me away.

            “I’m scared you won’t be my friend anymore and make me choose between Sunny and you.”

            She pulls away from the hug and look at me incredulously.

            “That is the stupidest assumption ever.” She breaks into a wide grin.

            “So you’re okay with me dating your cousin?”         

            “You’re really sure about him though? You know the consequences, Hyomin-ah.”

            “I can’t be more sure, Yul.” I give her the most confident smile ever.

            “Well then.... I’ll kick his if he dare hurt you.”

            Seriously, I am so touched. I hug her again, tighter this time. I smile feeling like tons of weight just lifted off my shoulder.



 

 

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea

I'll sail the world to find you

If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see

I'll be the light to guide you

 

Find out what we're made of

When we are called to help our friends in need

                                                                       

You can count on me like 1, 2, 3

I'll be there

And I know when I need it

I can count on you like 4, 3, 2

And you'll be there

Cause that's what friends are supposed to do oh yeah

 

Count On Me by Bruno Mars