Closeted

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

Taeyeon’s POV

            It’s getting pretty late but there she is, still waiting for me at the campus gate. She finishes her class first before I do but we promise to buy some groceries before we go home. Buying groceries together for our home. Sounds like things that newlywed would do. I feel giddy and smile like an idiot.

            “Why are you smiling like that?” she says when I approach her.

            I lean closer and whisper to her ear, “Because there’s an angel waiting for me.” My heart thumps like crazy as I said those words.

            She blushes and pushes me away playfully, “Cheesy.”

            I chuckle at her response, ”Sorry to make you wait though, Fany-ah.”

            “It’s okay. It’s not that long anyway.”

            We started to walk side by side. As we chat, her hand suddenly holds mine and I feel a lot more butterflies flying inside my stomach.

            I guess seeing two females holding hands is quite common, but why are these people looking at us weirdly? Is it just my imagination? Or do they notice something different about us? Do they know that we’re actually a couple?! I feel nervous and let go of her hand as I put mine on my pocket. She looks disappointed, but I continue to talk as if nothing happened.

            When we got in the supermarket, I start to look for the stuff that’s on the list that we have to buy. We still talk and laugh here and there.

            I’m looking for the last item when she mentions we missed one thing on the list.

            “I’ll go get it. You look for the last one.”

            “Okay.”

            I find the item and read the label intently, making sure it’s the right one. Suddenly I feel arms wrap around my waist and soft lips on my cheek. I drop the item on the floor.

            “We’re in public!” I hissed at her.

            Again, she looks disappointed, but with pain added this time.

            We walk home in silent after that.

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

            We just got home and we didn’t say a word at all. We put the bags on the kitchen and she starts to put the stuff on the fridge and cupboard. I can’t take it anymore, I need to talk this one out. 

            “Are you ashamed of me?” her back is facing me so I can’t see her expression.

            She doesn’t turn back to face me, “No.”

            “Then why did you... why....” I can’t even finish my sentence because I’m too choked up. I might cry in front of her if I didn’t stop talking.

            She finally turns her back to face me.

            “You’re my first. My first girlfriend. I haven’t even got a boyfriend before you. This whole relationship thing is new for me. I guess.... I just haven’t used to it, yet.”

            “We did it at home.”

            She looks down at her feet, “It’s different when we’re in public.”

            I guess I know what she’s thinking. “You’re not ashamed of me, but you’re ashamed of this kind of relationship.”    

            She looks up at me, “It’s not that. It’s just... I.... I just.... I just need some time to adapt.”

            I can’t force her, right? I need to understand.

            “I understand.”

            I try to smile to assure her. She looks relieved and gives me small kisses all over my face while saying ‘Thank You’ over and over again. 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

            She goes out from the bathroom wearing her underwear only.

            YUM!

            Wait, what?! Did I hear myself correctly? I just said ‘yum’ because my roommate wearing underwear only right after a steamy shower? Damn it, what the hell is wrong with me?!

            “Hey, did you see my red shirt? The one I bought with you.” Thank God I didn’t say that stupid ‘yum’ out loud.

            “You used it 2 days ago, Sica-ah. Maybe it’s still in the laundry.”

            “Oh right! You have such a good memory.” She turns around to wink at me and resumes looking through clothes on her closet.

            I feel heat crawls on my cheeks. Oh great, I’m blushing now! What the heeeeeeeeeeell!!!

            This feelings -this stupid, funny, silly feelings that I shouldn’t have- towards her started a couple weeks ago. She was going to kiss my cheek as a gesture of thank you, but I didn’t know she was going to do that. I turned my head at the wrong time, so she ended up kissing my lips. I almost fell backward when I felt her lips on mine. I was so shocked because best friends ONLY kiss each other on the cheeks or maybe forehead, but NEVER on the lips. I remember her reaction clearly. She just giggled and said, “Oh relax, I didn’t mean to kiss you there. I wanted to kiss your cheek but seemed like you’re the one who wanted to kiss me there.” She was kidding, of course. But I was still in a state of shock, so I said, “NO I’M NOT!!!” with nervous tone and I kinda shouted those words at her. She bursted out laughing, “your face is priceless! I’m just kidding.”

            And that’s when it all started.

            But this is soooo wrong. First of all, SHE is a GIRL. I have no problem with lesbian, but I’m not one and I don’t have any intention to be one. Second of all, she HAS a girlfriend. Third of all, she is my best friend slash roommate. Fourth of all, her girlfriend is also my best friend! The first reason is enough to realize it’s wrong to have this feeling. But somehow I still feel giddy every time I saw her. I’m frustrated over this. I am straight, damn it! I like boys!