Revelation

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

            Saturday. Usually I would go on a date with her. Spending Saturday Night together, just like couples do. Last night really struck me. I still love her so damn much. No matter how hard I try, I could never move on.

            Enough with tears and sadness. I feel mad instead. Did she really doesn’t love me anymore? People do change, but they can’t change without a reason, can they? I groan in frustration. She affects me this much. Thank God the others are not in the living room with me right now. I feel sad and angry. I’m in my worst state.  

            I flip the TV channel, finding nothing interesting. I stare at her door instead. Suddenly the door opens.

            Tiffany comes out from her room and sits right beside me. I quickly divert my gaze to the TV. Of all people, why she’s the one who shows up?

            “What are we watching?”

            I keep silent, not wanting to answer her or even to look at her. Somehow she gets under my skin.

            Hearing no reply from me, she turns her head to look at me. I guess I’m not good with hiding my emotion, because her face starts to tense.

            “What’s going on with you?” annoying tone. Really. I want to hit this girl. God, what the hell is wrong with me? She did nothing to me, yet I’m so angry with her. Better let it out in the open then.

            “I guess roommates think alike, huh?”

            “What’s that suppose to mean?”

            “Both of you are making stupid and silly reasons to hurt the ones who love you guys the most.”

            “What? What did you mean by that?”

            “You dumped her because she won’t do ‘public display of affection’ with you. It’s worse than telling people ‘I don’t love you anymore’.”

            She looks at me wide eyes, shock expression. Why she looked so surprised?

            “Did... did she tell you that’s why we broke up?”

            Okay, she looks like she’s going to burst into tears now. What the hell is wrong with her?! She’s the one who broke up with Taeyeon, isn’t she?

            “Well, no. But she did come to me asking about how important is this PDA thing. For your information, some people need time before they can be open to the world about their ual preferences. She’s trying hard to make you happy, but look what you did now. She won’t even talk about why you guys broke up. I guess it’s too painful for her. You don’t know how much she loves you. Just like that stupid roommate of yours. You guys are such stupid jerks!”

            “I know how much she loves me and I love her more than you know! You’re the one who don’t know how much ‘my stupid roommate’ loves you. You’re so oblivious to think that you’re the only one who got hurt!”

            “Stop talking nonsense! She told me right to my face that she doesn’t love me anymore. After all those times! She crushed my heart and took the pieces away from me. So stop defending her!” I finally shouted at her as anger rush through me.

            “It’s a lie, okay!” she yells back.

            It’s a lie?

            “Her mom doesn’t approve of her relationship with you! She doesn’t accept her daughter’s ual orientation! That’s why I would defend her. How could she chooses between the love of her life and her family?! But in the end, family always come first and that’s EXACTLY why I broke up with my girlfriend!” she burst out in tears and runs to her room, shut the door with a loud slam.

            I freeze on my spot.                   

 


 

Does your heart ache when you get around me?

Does your heart break when you think about me?

 

Now you wanna say

I was a liar, led you astray

I won't deny it, I did what they

Thought would be good for me

 

Now you wanna cry

Call me a cheater, left you to die

Though I did neither, thought that it would

That it would be best for me

 

Do you crumble?

Do your worst (oh, oh, oh, oh-OH-oh-oh)

Do you tumble?

Do your worst (oh, oh, oh, oh-OH-oh-oh)

 

I couldn't be your friend

Even if I tried again

I couldn't be your friend

 

Now you wanna say, you had it all wrong

Now you wanna say, you had me all wrong

 

I couldn't be your friend (oh, oh, oh, oh-OH-oh-oh)

Even if I tried again

I couldn't be your friend (couldn't be your friend)

 

I Couldn't be Your Friend by Tegan & Sara