Cutesy

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

 

Hyomin’s POV

            “I told you she’d come around eventually.”

            I’m having dinner with Sunny in a cafe and I just finished telling him that finally her cousin gives us the green light. But I didn’t tell him about how she’s actually worrying about me instead of him. I just think it’s not necessary to tell him that.

            “It feels so nice, Sunny-ah. I feel like we’ve come through an obstacle.”

            He laughs, “Yuri is your friend. You’re getting very anxious about a friend, how will you react when it comes to your family?”

            I freeze. That’s right. I’m all fussed out over a friend. What will I do if my family disapproves our relationship?! I’m getting tense just by the thought of it.

            “Hey, hey, don’t think about that now.” He caresses my hand. 

            I smile and nod at him. Right, no need to worry over things that haven’t happened yet. Suddenly he leans closer and gives a peck on my cheek. I blush instantly.

            He chuckles, “You’re too cute.”

            Seriously, age really doesn’t matter. Look at us now! I am 22 but he makes me feel like a 16 year old who’s dating her senior.

            “Speak for yourself, mister.”

            “What does that mean?”

            “You are waaaay cuter than me.”

            “Pft! You’re cuter. Just accept it.”

            “No, you are. You’re the cutest!”

            “Am not! You are.”

            “You are!”

            See? Now we’re fighting over silly things and it makes me smile uncontrollably. Finally we stop when my cell phone rings. It’s Taeyeon.

            “Hei, Tae. What’s up?”

            “Hyominnie! Where are you?”

            “I told you earlier, I’m at the usual café with Sunny.”

            “Uh-huh. Yeah, so when are you coming home?” I bet they’re going to ask me to bring some take away from here.

            “We just finished eating. Why?” Please say it’s nothing.

            “Can you bring us some food from there?” pleading tone. Damn! 

            “Pretty please, Hyominnie~” I can hear Tiffany’s voice in the background. I guess Taeyeon puts me on speakerphone. 

            That means I can’t spend more time with Sunny. Why? Because they’ll starve if I don’t come home in a jiffy. Argh these girls. Why can’t they just order some take-outs?

            “Why don’t you guys just order delivery?” I ask in an annoyed tone.

            “I’m craving for tuna sandwich from that particular cafe, Hyomin-ah!!!” Sooyoung yells.

            I heave a sigh, “Fine, fine! Just text me your orders.”         

            “Hooraaaay!!!” I could hear everybody is cheering there. I smile unconsciously. Those silly girls.

            “Thanks, Hyominnie!”

            “You guys owe me big time!” I exclaimed.

            After I hung up the phone, I just realized Sunny was staring at me the whole time and has this oh-so-adorable smile on his face.

            “What?” I ask with a smile. This guy really can make me heart flutters just by his presence.

            “Nothing. You really love them, don’t you?”

            “Of course. They’re my second family, Sunny-ah.” My cell phone buzzes, indicating a text just got in. I open it and read a list of various foods.

            “Can I come to your apartment and maybe.... hang out with them?”

            I look up instantly. He wants to hang out with my girls? That’s a first. No guys ever want to hang out with the girls after I brought them home. True, sometimes they kind of scare the guys away. But I never met a guy who would want to actually be friends with their girlfriend’s best friends. You know what I mean, right? Boyfriends would come to meet their girlfriends’ friends because they ask them to come. Nobody ever willingly wants to hangout.

            “You want to hang out with them? Why?”

            “Because I want to know everything about you. I can see they’re very important to you and they’ve become part of your life, right? They’re part of you. So that means I want to get to know them too.”  

            I look at him, speechless. Can this guy be anymore sweeter?           

            “You........” I hold his hand that’s on the table, “are the sweetest guy I have ever known.”

            His smile got wider, “Not the cutest?”

            “Okay, let me rephrase my sentence. You are the sweetest, cutest, most adorable guy in the whole world.”

            He leans in and as he got closer, he whispers, “Oh you forgot one thing. I’m also the luckiest guy.”

            Our faces are only inches apart now, “Really? Why is that?” I bite my lip in anticipation.

            “Because I have the sweetest, cutest, most adorable girl in the whole world as my girlfriend.”

            With that he kisses me.  

            How could I not falling madly in love with him?              

 

 


 

 

Have I been blind?

For the first in my life, I feel I've opened up my eyes

Since you have arrived, like an angel from the sky

I am on a spiritual high

 

So don't you ever go away

I could never face

Losing you would kill my faith in a higher place

 

What kind of world would it be without you

I couldn't breath without you here

What kind of world would I see without you

I can't dream without you here

 

Beautiful boy

How on earth did I do something worth deserving you

My better half

How I cherish through and through every part of you

I do

 

 

Without You by Christina Aguilera