Righteousness

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

Yuri’s POV

            It’s Christmas. Christmas equals family time, isn’t it?

            I take a deep breath before I push the doorbell. After some time, my mom opens the door.

            My mom looks surprised at first but she returns to no expression face in an instant, “What are you doing here? Don’t you remember what we’re talkin-” her expression is stoic, but I can see her fists tremble. I cut her off before she can finishes her sentence.

            “I broke up with her. You and dad are............. right.” I can’t seem to look straight at her as I speak so I look down instead.

            “I was wrong. I didn’t know what I was thinking.” Blatant lie. I knew exactly what I was doing with Jessica is not wrong. I felt right whenever I’m with her.

            Suddenly I feel warmth engulfs me. My mom hugs me. This action is a rare one.

            “Do not scared me like that again, okay?” her voice quivered. I hug her back.

            “I.... I won’t.... I’m sorry. I’m sorry, mom.” We hug each other for some time.

            It’s really a surprise for me, seeing my mom like this. I guess I really did the right thing, didn’t I? Even though I feel like I lost part of my heart, but there’s nothing more important than family. I’m making the right decision. I’m doing the right thing.

 

 

Sooyoung’s

            I wake up in my own room at my own house. All of us are going home to our family for this lovely holiday. Except for Tiffany. Her family is in another country so she spends Christmas with her girlfriend’s family instead. Thinking about girlfriend, her image starts to pop in my mind. I instantly grab my cell phone to text her.

            ‘Good morning! Merry Christmas :) ’ of all people, the first greeting just has to be for her. Not long after, I got my reply.

            ‘Merry Christmas to you too, Sooyoungie :) ’

            ‘How are you, Sica-ah? Doing fine?’

            ‘Yep. I told my family last night (I didn’t cry when I told them! Yeay me!). They’re really cool about it. My little sister even accompanied me to sleep. If it’s not because of her unique snoring, I would thought she’s you.’ 

            I blush. I slept on her bed since her break up because she would always cry and somehow it’s like a reflex for me to hug her when I heard her sob. 

            ‘That’s good. No more crying, okay?’

            ‘Aye aye, captain! But............. it still hurts, Soo :( ’

            I think for a while before I reply to her text, ‘I think I know how to cure it.’

            ‘How?’

            I write ‘Me.’ but decided against it so I reply with, ‘A new girlfriend.’

            ‘You think so?’

            ‘I know so. A cure for a broken heart is another heart.’  I feel shy writing it.

            ‘We’ll see if you’re right, Soo. I gotta go now. Merry Christmas once again :) ’

            ‘Okay. Merry Christmas!’

            I put my cell phone back on the table and stares at the ceiling. Am I really falling for this girl? Am I really falling for a girl?

 


 

 

I am in trouble

I'm an addict, I’m addicted to this girl

She's got my heart tied in a knot and my stomach in a whirl

But even worse I can't stop calling her

She's all I want and more

I mean damn, what's not to adore

 

I'm running my mouth just like I got her

But I surely don't

Because she's so ooo oooo rock and roll

and out of my league, is she out of my league?

Let's hope not

 

 

Trouble by NeverShoutNever!