It Could Happen To Us

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

Tiffany’s POV

            I wake a little bit earlier than usual. I glance over at Yuri’s bed. It’s empty. Where is she? Suddenly she comes out from the bathroom.

            “You’re up early.”

            “GOSH! You scared me! I thought you’re still sleeping.” She holds her chest. She looks fresh from shower but her eyes are still red and puffy from last night crying.

            “Where are you going, Yul? You still need to work on your big assignment?”

            She freezes and looks at me, “There was never a big assignment, Fany-ah. I made that up so I don’t have to see Jessica.” She looks guilty.

            “Oh....” we grow quiet.

            “I can’t be in the same room as she is now. So I better get going before she wakes up.” It’s really painful to see her in this state.

            “But where are you going? Campus?”

            “Anywhere. I might start crying if I catch even just a glimpse of her.”

            “You’re not planning to move out, aren’t you?”

            “I did plan to. But we’re going to graduate in a few months anyway. I think I can endure for that long.”

            I sigh in relief.

            “I’m going now. Bye, Fany-ah.”

            “Bye, take care, Yul.” When she closes the door, I lay back on my bed. What am I supposed to do if what happened to Yuri also occur to Taeyeon? What if it happens to me? What if my father doesn’t accept me? I groan in frustration. I can’t go back to sleep. So I decided to get up and take a shower.

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

            My girlfriend and I sit in silent. We’re in the kitchen for breakfast and we already exchange information about Hyomin and Yuri.

            I’m terrified. I don’t know what to say, neither does she. We just look at each other. I know we have the exact same question in our mind, what if it happen to us?

            I hear footsteps from afar and Hyomin enters the kitchen.

            “Morniiiiing!” she greets happily. She went to her room before the incident between Jessica and Yuri happened, so she’s clueless about it.

            “Good morning, Mrs. Robinson.” Tiffany teases her. Hyomin’s eyes popped out and she looks at me accusingly.

            “You told her?!”

            “You didn’t tell me not to.” I defend myself. Well she didn’t, right?

            “Oh come on, Hyomin-ah. Why do you have to be so secretive about it anyway?” Tiffany chimes in.

            “Well... you know why, Fany-ah. The is very big.” Hyomin looks down.

            “Age, gender, it doesn’t matter. Love is love.” Tiffany says in a very calm manner. I smile hearing her statement.

            “Really? So... you’re also okay with that?” Hyomin looks up to her.

            “Of course. It’s not a crime. Oh, wait. Unless..... if you had with a minor.” She teases her again.

            “I DO NOT!” she smacks her shoulder. We laugh at her reaction.

            I look at my girlfriend again. She looks happy and I think to myself, as long as I have her by my side, then everything will be just fine.