Weird Behaviors

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

WOW! >30 subscribers? thank you!!! I never thought anybody would like my story hehe~ oh and thank you also for those who commented :D now I know how authors feel when people give comment on their story. hmm maybe I should just answer your question with an update, no? well maybe not just yet hohohoho

 


 

Tiffany’s POV

            Sooyoung is trying so hard to deny our accusation, Hyomin is trying to avoid our curiosity about her new fling, and Yuri is acting weird. Taeyeon is the protective one out of 6 of us but I’m the observant one. I could tell Yuri is thinking about something these last couple of days. She would come home late like now and she told us she’s working on a big assignment. But I could tell something is off with her. When Jessica hugged her, she usually would hug her back like a reflex. But just now, she hesitantly put her arms around her. 

            After chit chatting for some time, Hyomin decides to go to sleep first. It’s obvious she’s avoiding our question about her new fling.

            “I need to talk to you.” Yuri says to her girlfriend in a serious tone.

            “Okay, what’s it about?”

            “Let’s talk about it in my room. Fany-ah, you’re not sleepy yet, right?”

            “Yeah, sure. Take your time.” I snuggle closer to my girlfriend.

            The two then left to Yuri’s and my room.

            “I wonder what they’re talking about.”

            “Maybe they just need some ‘y alone time’.” Taeyeon giggles at her own statement.

            “Don’t do it in my bed!!” I shouted so the two in my room could hear me. Taeyeon and I laugh. But Sooyoung just stare blankly at the TV. I nudge at Taeyeon and nod my head to Sooyoung’s direction. She got my message as she looks at Sooyoung also.

            “Hey Soo, you okay?”

            She doesn’t answer Taeyeon’s and still have a blank expression on her face.

            “Hello, anybody there?” I poke her cheek.   

             “Uh yeah, what?” she’s finally responding to us.

            “Why are you spacing out like that?”

            “Oh it’s nothing.” Taeyeon and I look at each other. We knew she has these feelings towards Jessica, but we decided not to press the matter at the moment. She looks really lost.

            “Are you sure you okay? You can tell us if something is bothering you.”

            “Yes, I’m sure. Thanks.” She smiles assuring us.

            “Well then, what do you think about Hyomin’s new fling?” I change the topic so she would feel at ease again.

            “It’s weird that she’s keeping it a secret from us. She never does that before.”

            “Could it be a girl?!”

            “I don’t think so. What do you think, Soo?”

            “Um... yea-yeah I don’t think it’s a girl.”

            We talk about the matter for some time until Taeyeon yawns.

            “Sleepy already?”

            “Yeah.” She yawns again. Before we could stand up properly from the couch, my door swung open and Jessica is walking as fast as she can to her own room. I could see tears on her face. She got into her room and slams the door.

            “What’s that?” The three of us look at each other.

            Taeyeon is going towards Jessica’s room but Sooyoung stops her.

            “I’ll go.” Then she enters her room and closes the door gently.

            Something’s must’ve happened between Jessica and Yuri. We look at each other and decide to find out what's wrong with our roommates. So we say our good night and go to our own room. 

            Everybody seems to be in a weird state tonight.

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

            Hyomin has not sleep yet, she told us she’s sleepy and yet there she is, still awake while lying on her bed with her cell phone in hand. She has this idiotic smile on her face again. I bet she’s texting her mysterious boyfriend.

            “Sleepy, huh?” I said in a sarcastic tone.

            She put her cell on the table beside her bed right away.

            “Yeaaah.” She fakes a yawn.

            “You’re such a bad liar.” I laugh and throw a pillow at her.

            She also laughs, knowing how fake her yawn was.

            “So come on, tell me about it.” I sit on the edge of my bed. She sits up and faces me.

            Being roommates with someone really makes you understand a lot more about them. Just like now, I know Hyomin won’t keep a secret from me and vice versa. Tiffany is my girlfriend and yes I want to spend every seconds I have with her. But Hyomin is the first person I would come to whenever I have problem.

            “Tell you about what?”

            “Pfft, don’t play stupid with me.” I threaten her by lifting my pillow, ready to hit her again.

            “Haha okay, okay. No need to be so violent.”

            “So?” 

            “He’s different, Tae. I never felt like this before. I think.... I really like him.”

            “You really like him? Don’t you ‘really like’ your other flings before?”

            “No, this is different! I really really like this guy.”

            “You mean, you love him?” 

            “Well...... I don’t know about that yet. But he’s just so...... I think.. I... I might... I could... I.... I.....” she’s stuttering? She’s FALLING for this guy! Wow, the Campus Heartbreaker is finally got tamed. 

            “You’re falling for him.”

            She blushes at my statement. Oh my, she’s definitely falling in love this time. I laugh at her silly reaction.

            “It’s a good thing, Hyominnie! I’m happy for you. But why you won’t introduce him to us?”

            She looks at me, thinking whether she should tell me about it or not. Is she dating a married guy?! That would be bad.

            “Just spill it out!”

            “He’s younger than me.”

            “......... that’s it? What’s wrong with dating younger guys?” It’s not like she’s dating a middle school student, right?

            “He’s waaaay younger than us.”

            “He’s a freshman?”

            “No, he’s a junior.”

            “The heck?! You dated a sophomore befo-”

            “IN HIGH SCHOOL!”   

            I look at her, flabbergasted.   

            She falls on her bed, face down. I don’t know what to say. A junior in high school?! He’s like.... 17, then? Wow wow wow. This is really..... I don’t even know what I’m supposed to think about this.

            I guess I’m spacing out for quite some time because she sits up again and looks at me with anxious expression.

            “Say something.”

            “Are you.... crazy?!”

            She sighs and looks down at her lap, “I knew this would be your reaction.”

            “You’re graduating from college this year, while he... he would be preparing himself for college entrance exam!”

            “I know.”

            “It’s crazy, Hyomin-ah. Does he even know how old you are?”

            “He knows. It’s actually the first thing I said to him. He was wearing his uniform so I knew he’s a high school student when he came up to me. I told him straight to his face that I’m a senior in college. It’s not like I planned to date high school boys, Tae.”

            “But when you told him that, how’s his reaction?”

            “Well he was surprised because he thought I was younger than that. But then he said age doesn’t matter and.... and... he’s so charming..... and handsome.... and......”

            “And you’re falling for this KID?!”      

            “I told you he’s different!!”

            We’re having a staring battle. I don’t think it’s right for her to date a high school boy, but then again, who am I to judge? I’m dating a girl for Pete’s sake. I let out a sigh.

            “Well... as long as you’re happy and he won’t hurt you...”

            Her eyes lit up instantly, “So you’re on my side on this?”

            “Which side would I be otherwise, stupid?” I throw a pillow at her.

            She laughs and throws back the pillow, “You know what I meant. It’s a relieve to have consent from the people who cares about you.”

            “Who said I care about you?????”

            We laugh and tease each other until drowsiness came to us. So we decided to sleep.

            I hug my bolster under the cover to get a comfortable position but then I remember the scene in the living room before. So I text my girlfriend:

            ‘Got the dirt on Hyomin. What about Yuri?’

            Not long after I sent it, she replies:

            ‘They broke up. Details in the morning.’

              They broke up? Am I reading it right? I can’t believe it. They’re our role model couple. How could they broke up?! Millions of reasons come through my mind.

            It’s a relief to have consent from the people who cares about you.

            Suddenly Hyomin’s words got repeated in my mind.

            Could it be the biggest fear I have is the reason they broke up?