Serene

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

 

Hello there! I'm sorry I haven't updated as frequently as before :( but I hope you guys didn't lose interest in my story :) 



 

 

Yuri’s POV

            “Wait! Don’t close the door!”

            I hear someone’s shouting so I push the open button again. The person hurriedly get into the elevator.

            “Whew! Thank-” it was Sooyoung, “Yuri-ah...”

            I turn my gaze on the buttons and push our floor number. I still remember our fight that night. I didn’t mind her calling me and accusing me like that, because she was just trying to protect Jessica. I also know she has this feelings for Jessica. It shouldn’t be a problem because Jessica and I are not together anymore. Furthermore, I think Sooyoung would be a perfect girl for Jessica. But I don’t really know what to say to her right now. We haven’t spoken to each other since that night. I don’t think we even met each other until now.   

            The air is so awkward and it’s dead silent. I can hear the sound of the machine.

            “Yul..” her voice is so soft, I can barely hear her. I look at her and she’s not looking at me. She looks at the floor instead.

            She mumbles something that I can’t hear.

            “What did you say?” I take one step closer to her.

            “I’m sorry.” She says it a little bit louder this time.

            I smile and pretend I didn’t hear it, “What’s that?” 

            “I’m really sorry.” I can hear apologize clearly, but I want to mess around a little bit with her.

            “I can’t hear you, Sooyoung-ah. What are you trying to say?”

            “I SAID I’M SORRY!” finally she looks up at me and sees me grinning.

            “Yah, you heard me the first time, didn’t you?”

            I laugh out loud, “Apology accepted.” I put my arm around her shoulder.

            She still looks rather guilty, “I’m so stupid, Yul. I said really harsh words to you that night. I didn’t know that you’re actually suffering.” 

            “Hey, it’s fine. Really, Soo.”

            “I still think that I’m a stupid fool.”

            “You’re not. Come on, smile! You want me to force you to?” I give her a headlock.

            She finally laugh, “Okay, okay!”

            Ding! The elevator door opens and we walk outside with my arm still on her shoulder as she put hers on mine.

            “So, are you going to confess to her?” it feels a little bit awkward, asking my best friend whether she’s going to confess to my ex girlfriend or not. But I need to move on, so does she and I really think that Sooyoung is just the right person for her.

            She stiffens and before I can hear her reply, I got distracted with what’s happening in front of our apartment’s door.  

            “YAH! I gave you my consent, but that doesn’t mean I want to see that!” it’s my cousin and my other best friend. They were making out! Thank God they pull away as soon as they heard my voice yelling at them.

            Hyomin’s face turns red while Soonkyu just smirks at me, still holding Hyomin’s hand.

            “Why you have to ruin the moment, Yul?” Hyomin hits his shoulder.

            “You ruin my vision, stupid !”

            “Sooyoungie? Weren’t you the one who’s craving for tuna sandwich? How come you’re not inside?” Hyomin asks Sooyoung whose face turns red, maybe she’s also embarrassed catching Hyomin and Soonkyu in that situation. 

            “I went to the convenient store to buy some snacks, because I’m starving already. Did you buy the tuna sandwich for me?”

            Hyomin holds up the paper bag that seems to contain a lot of food. Sooyoung claps happily.

            “Oh, we bought you food too, Yul. You haven’t eaten dinner, have you?”

            “Aaaawh that’s so sweet of you guys. No, I haven’t. I just finished working on an assignment with my friends and I haven’t got time to eat. Thank you!” I give a quick hug to both of them. 

            Soonkyu looks behind my back and greets Sooyoung, “Hi, Sooyoung-ssi!”

            “Hi Soonkyu-ssi! Sorry to cut your date short with Hyomin and thank you for doing so.” She winks at him.

            I open the door to our apartment and wait for Sooyoung to go inside. I bet Hyomin’s going to ‘continue what she left off’ with Soonkyu before she bids goodbye to him.

            Surprisingly, all of them got inside the apartment. I look at Soonkyu, confused.

            “Umm, is it okay if I hang out with you girls also?”

            “Of course! You’re welcome here anytime, Soonkyu-ssi.” Sooyoung answers as she walks toward the living room with Hyomin.

            Soonkyu looks at me, as if asking for my approval. Seriously, he wants to hang out with his girlfriends’ friends? I worry for nothing about this two.

            “Sure, Soonkyu-ah.” I smile and drag him to the living room.

            “FOOD! Finally!” The three girls in the living room squeal for joy when they see us. Well, when they see what Hyomin brought.

            The three of them said thank you to Hyomin and Soonkyu and stand up to go to eat in the dining room. My eyes meet Jessica’s and we smile at each other.

            After the talk we had, I feel so much better. Maybe it was a stupid decision to lie to her and hurt her like that, but my heart still tightens at the thought of being just friends with her.

            “Yul, come on, let’s eat in the dining room! It’s been so long since we eat together.” Taeyeon grabs a hold of my hand. It’s true, the six of us haven’t even been in the same room for some time. I miss hanging with them. But then I look hesitantly at Jessica.

            “You know what, I think I’m just going to eat in my room. I got assignment to do.” Nope, that’s not me. I didn’t say that. It was Jessica. Everybody turns her head on her now.

            “But Sunny wants to spend time with all of you.” Hyomin says with a hint of pleading in her voice.

            “Sorry. Maybe next time.” Jessica throws an apologetic look to Soonkyu. She did this for me. She knows I haven’t spent some time with the girls.

            “No, wait. Sica-ah, join us. You can do your assignment later.”

            She looks at me, obviously surprise. I give her the most sincere smile.

            “Yeah, you can do it after we eat.” Sooyoung smiles at her then at me.

            We wait for her expectantly.

            “Okay then.” Finally she smiles and the other cheers. We exchange smiles and follow the others to have our dinner together.