Denial

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

Sooyoung’s POV

            We’re on the couch watching whatever it is on the TV. Hyomin is on the phone talking sweetly to God knows who, while I’m having excessive sweat because her head is on my shoulder and her arms wrap around my waist.

            Yes, you know whom I meant by her, right? It’s not Hyomin, because she’s lying on the carpet. It’s her and it’s a usual behavior from her. She would cling and snuggle to either 5 of us. But she would only give kisses on the lips to her girlfriend. Well also to me that one time, accidentally and unintentionally

            Two other housemates of mine come and sit beside her as our couch is fitted for 4 people.

            “Hi kids! What are we watching?”

            “Another singing competition.”

            Suddenly Hyomin giggles like a maniac. All of us look at her. That’s weird, she never acts like this with her previous fling before.

            “Okay, good night to you too.”

            We’re not eavesdropping, but she talks right in front of us and seems to forgot that we’re here, the ENTIRE TIME! She never does sweet talk with anybody before and for the last 20 minutes I was here, that’s all I heard from Hyomin. This mysterious guy is really something.

            “You hang up.”

            “No, you first.”

            “You.”

            “I won’t hang up until you hang up.”

            Yep, that’s what the 4 of us listen to right now. Seriously, nobody is paying attention to the TV anymore. We’re all dumbfounded that the Hyomin we know, the girl on campus who broke a lot of guys’ hearts, is now REFUSING to hang up after 20 minutes talking on the phone!

            “Seriously, I won’t hang up. Nope, I won’t.”

            “Gosh! Just hang up already!” Taeyeon lost it and that earns a glare from Hyomin. But then she smiles like an idiot, listening intently to what the other person on the phone said.

            “Fine, okay. Good night then.” She FINALLY hangs up and put her cell phone on her pocket.

            “Aaaah, he’s perfect.” She has that dreamy look on her face, seems to forget that we’re also here.

            “Perfect? Who’s this perfect guy, Hyominnie?” Tiffany asks the question all of us been wondering for the past few days. Yep, we found out that Hyomin is having another fling. Usually it would last for 2-3 weeks. She would get bored and dumped the guys like a cold heartless . Everybody on campus knows it, but that doesn’t stop a lot of stupid guys pursuing her. Honestly, she’s not the prettiest girl, but somehow she attracts guys like magnets.

            “Bring him here. I want to know this ‘perfect guy’ of yours.” Taeyeon is really protective of us. She wants to know who we’re going out with and make sure they won’t hurt us. Hyomin would comply every time, since she’s the one who hurt the guys anyway and it’s fun seeing how nervous the guys she brought home. It’s like meeting your future sister in laws for them.

            Hyomin’s smile is gone and she looks serious now.

            “Naaah, I don’t think so.”

            Okay, this is another weird behavior from her. Every time Taeyeon told her to bring her guy over, she would agree mindlessly.

            “What? Why?”

            “I don’t feel like it.”

            “Oh come on. Why not? You’re going to break it off with him after a couple of weeks anyway.” I almost forgot this girl still has her head on my shoulder and arms around my waist. My heart starts to beat faster again. Damn.

            Hyomin looks kind of angry. What’s wrong with her? 

            “Yeah, you’re going to dump him anyway, Hyomin-ah.” of course I would agree to everything she says, right?

            “I won’t bring him here anytime soon, okay! Just mind your own business.” Why is she getting angry?!

            “Wow, are you okay? Why are you so grouchy? You’re like a high school girl in love one minute and now you’re like a crazy old lady.” Taeyeon sounds concern. Well it is a weird behavior from Hyomin.

            “I’m fine. But really, rather we talk about me, why don’t we talk about Sooyoung here. We haven’t seen you brought a guy home. I think it’s time for you to find a boyfriend, Soo.”

            Wait, wait, wait! Why is she talking about me now?!

            “Or a girlfriend.” Tiffany adds that up and now 4 pair of eyes are looking at me.

            What the hell? “I’m not a lesbian!”

            “Sure... sure.” Mocking tone coming from Taeyeon. Jessica is trying to suppress her giggles. Hyomin is looking at me with a grin.

            “Seriously, I’m not!” Do they know that I have this stupid and confusing feelings for Jessica?! Oh God, this is bad.

            “We all would still accept you just the way you are, Sooyoungie.” Hyomin said it playfully. WHAT IS THIS?! Why are they putting me in a corner like this?

            “We have no problem with lesbians, you know?” this time Jessica looks at me with such mischievous grin.

            “I’m telling you guys, I AM NOT GAY!”

            Suddenly Yuri enters the room, “Hey.”

            “You’re home!” she instantly lets go of me and runs to hug her girlfriend.           

            I just shouted that I’m not interested in girls, but I felt rush of jealousy all over me when I saw a girl hugging her girlfriend. ARGH! What the hell!!!