What If

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

 

Happy 6th Anniversary~

 

AYO GG!



 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

            Sunday. This will be the last Sunday we spend together as college students. Yep, graduation day is next Saturday. Everybody gets really touchy over the matters. Especially Hyomin. She would get teary eyes every time we mention graduation day. Don’t get me wrong, I am also sad to depart from them, but I have something more important to think about.

            Which is.......... a dilemma of love confession. In just a couple of days, I won’t be able to see her face first thing in the morning. Worse than that, she decided to get a master degree in US. Meaning, I can’t even meet up with her once a week.

            In case you’re wondering what the other’s plans are: Hyomin’s moving back to her family’s house and got a job in her dad’s company. Yes, she’s rich and an heiress of her dad’s company. Yuri is moving to Japan, she applies for a job to a company there and a big surprise to her also, she got accepted right away (she’s just THAT lucky, isn’t she?). Taeyeon and Tiffany plan to keep the apartment. They’re still looking for a job here.

            Lastly, me. My family doesn’t own a company that I can automatically work in after I graduate, I don’t even think about working overseas, and yes it’s very tempting to get a master degree in the US because...... Jessica is going to. Okay that was plain stupid. I am not following her step just because I want to be closer to her. Another reason is because I don’t have that much money. Of course, my family will support me all the way and I can look for scholarship. But my intention is not to study and...... remember that I think Jessica and Yuri are match made in heaven? I still believe in that. Well the most rational choice for me is to look for a job here and stay with Taeyeon & Tiffany. 

            Anyway, so here we are, the 6 of us having dinner in a restaurant. We spent the whole day together. The first place we visited was National Museum. I know, a museum was the last thing on my mind to have fun, but Hyomin insisted we go there to make a beautiful memory of our last outing as a college student together. And she said National Museum is just the perfect place to do it. Strangely, we had fun in the museum, getting knowledge about our country but still manage to laugh here and there. I guess no matter where we go, as long we’re together would be definitely fun. After that, we went to lunch and then we watched a romantic comedy movie at the cinema. After that all of us were still full, so we decided to stroll around the mall, did a little bit of shopping until we’re hungry again. So the last stop for today’s outing is a restaurant for dinner.                                   

            We’re laughing over trivial things before the food comes out and I need to pee. So I excuse myself.

            “Wait, Soo. I want to pee too.” Yuri also stands up to go to the toilet with me.

            We’re washing our hands after we did our business and she turns so serious at me.

            “So, Sooyoung-ah are you planning to confess to her?”

            Eh?! This is the second time she asks me that question. I tell you, it’s really awkward talking about it with her. How could it not?! She’s Jessica’s ex girlfriend. Wait, Jessica’s supposedly love of her life.

            I don’t reply to her, because I don’t know what to say. Doesn’t she feel awkward talking about this with me?

            “Hey, it’s okay, Soo. You can talk about it with me.”

            I look at her, throwing a ‘really?’ look.

            “Okay, maybe it’s a little bit awkward. But both of us have to move on and she deserves someone who would treat her right. You’re the perfect person to be that someone, Sooyoung-ah. I won’t have to worry if I know she’s with you.” She smiles gently at me.

            She’s giving her spot to me. I’m overwhelmed and it does erase the awkward atmosphere.

            “But... I don’t think she’ll like me back, Yul.” I look down dejectedly.

            “You don’t know that if you don’t tell her, Soo.” She puts her hands on my shoulder.

            Could it be? Would Jessica like me the way I like her? Of course, despite my conviction about them being made for each other, I also wonder if maybe I can add up to the equation.

            Yuri lets her hands go from my shoulder and walks to the door. She opens it and before she gets out, she looks back at me who’s still rooted in front of the sink, “You’ll regret it and you’ll wonder the what if for the rest of your life if you don’t confess to her.”

            I look at her intensely. Should I? Should I really confess to Jessica?

            She gives me an encouragement smile and holds out her hand, “Come on, the food must comes out by now.”              

            Maybe it’s not Yuri who’s meant to be with her, maybe it’s me?