The Headquarter

Righteousness, Letting Go, Denial, & Ephebophilia

 

Hyomin’s POV

            I remember the first night we spent in this apartment. I insisted we gather to introduce ourselves properly and to get to know each other. I am Taeyeon’s best friend since high school, Yuri is Taeyeon’s childhood friend, Tiffany is Yuri’s high school best friend, but the other two were mere strangers. They knew about our apartment through advertisement. So I really think we should know each other better, since we’re going to live under one roof until graduation.  

Flashback:

            “I’m Taeyeon. I knew Hyomin in high school and Yuri is my childhood friend.”

            “My name is Sooyoung. I.... didn’t know anyone here, so practically I’m a stranger. But don’t worry, I don’t eat human flesh and I’m not a sociopath.”

            We all laughed at that.

            “Hi everyone. I’m Jessica. I’m also a stranger to everybody. But I hope we can be great friends.”

            We all nodded to that.

            “Oh, one more thing, I’m gay.”

            We all stared at her in disbelief because her statement was just out of the blue and she said it very calmly.

            “I think it’s better to let you guys know now. Especially you, Sooyoung. Since we’re going to share a room and all. Are you cool with that?”

            Sooyoung was still in a shock state. But she came to her senses soon enough.

            “Um.. yeah, no. I mean, yes! Yeah, I’m cool with that.”

            “Thanks. How about the rest?”

            We all just agreed and be cool with that.

            Well actually, deep down I was a little bit agitated. I’ve never met a lesbian before! Let alone befriending them. I guess it would be fun getting to know one, wouldn’t it?  

            Little that I know, turns out ALL OF THEM are gay. Jessica is hooking up with Yuri. She’s actually a hardcore lesbian since forever, but she never concealed it to anyone (gave a shock to Tiffany also) and she never had a relationship with a girl before. Taeyeon.... to my own surprise is deeply attracted to Tiffany. Taeyeon had never shown interest in ANBODY before. I tried many times setting a date for her with a guy when we’re in high school, but nobody attracted her. As I recalled, I never seen her attracted to a girl either. So Tiffany must be something really special for her. As for Tiffany, she used to be straight. She dated some guys before. But it all ended badly. The worst was the last guy she dated a year ago. He was such a nice guy, she even had already introduced him to us. They got our blessings (exception for Taeyeon who can’t hide her true feelings from her best friend (me), about it). But then he cheated on her with a freshman. That really pushed her off the edge. She got really broken after that but then she finds an alternate to her problem, which is dating a girl. Fortunately, Taeyeon is ready to accept her with open arms. They’re officially together not so long ago. She’s so gay for Taeyeon now. But sometimes I still caught her checking a guy out. Well I guess that makes her a bi. Doesn’t really matter as long as she doesn’t hurt my best friend.

            Moving on to the last lesbian on the house. Well I did say ALL OF THEM, right? You must be asking about our last friend that I haven’t mentioned yet. So now let’s talk about Sooyoung. Truth to be told, my newly gay radar is telling me that soon she would turn into one giant gay girl. At first, I didn’t realize a thing. But then Jessica told me her gay radar caught something about Sooyoung. So I consciously started to put more attention to her and BAM! My gay radar is telling me that she is sooooo not straight anymore.

            They should name our apartment The Lesbian Headquarter. Really.