The Party

Come Back, Don't Go

 

---

 

You just got out of the shower and you were in a hurry because any minute now, Kris will be picking you up. Hana is already lying on your bed waiting for you to finish because if she didn’t come, you would have forgotten that it’s Chen’s birthday today. You are messing your closet to find good clothes but stopped.

“Wait, Hana… what’s the theme of the party?” You asked.

“Hmm… the invitation didn’t say much. I guess anything’s okay.” She said as she holds her phone up her face. She’s already bored when she does that. You studied her outfit for awhile and since she’s just wearing a loose light blue shirt tucked in her high-waist yellow shorts and light blue pumps with a yellow ribbon on the center, you decided to wear simple clothes too.

You took your cute dark shorts and buttoned up your white blouse and wore your white D&G heels. You were about to comb your hair when Hana quickly stood up and grabbed your wrist.

“Yah Hana!” You said trying to pull your arm away. She was dragging you all the way down the stairs.

“We’re gonna be late! Kris’ already outside--”

“How did you--”

“I read your phone.”And she just grinned. You finally got out of the house and went in Kris’ car. Hana called shotgun first so you had to sulk on the passenger seat behind. She then gave you your phone back and you just listened to Infinite music while traveling. It’s a good thing you had your earphones with you.

“What have you been doing up there?” Asked Kris casually as he turned the corner.

“She forgot about the party, oppa.” Replied Hana.

“What?” Asked Kris, almost looking back at you but went back on the road.

“I was busy. It went out of my head.”

“It’s a good thing I went to her house!” Hana beamed.

“Please, it would’ve helped if you went there an hour earlier. Five minutes didn’t quite buy the time.” You said as the song ends, then the next song Nothing’s Over, starts to play. You start to hum the song then.

“We’re gonna be late because of you.” Kris hissed.

“We’re always late anyway.” You mumbled.

You were so close to falling asleep while Hana and Kris were randomly talking. About an hour later, the car came to a halt. You opened your eyes by then. You were shocked when you realized you were looking back to a pair of wide eyes.

“What happened to your hair Jae Min?!” Hana gasped.

“That’s worse than a bad hair day.” Kris commented.

“I wasn’t able to brush my hair, thanks to Hana!” You shouted. Instead, you just took a knot and wrapped you hair into a messy bun. You look good on whatever hair-do anyway.

“Let’s go. We’re already late.” Kris said as he opened your doors. Gentleman, eh.

You were awestruck by the place. It’s already 8pm and the night sky was taking over. The front lawn outside is covered with small white Christmas lights and some seniors were staying there holding their cups with them. The three of you started to walk towards the door and as you were walking, some girls were glaring at you. One reason would probably because you’re with Kris… and yea that’s probably the only reason.

As you walked inside Chen’s house, since you gathered it was, earlier… you were also looking at people’s clothes. You seemed out of place. Majority of the girls were wearing party dresses that lengthened above the knee. Oh well, at least we’re different. You looked at Kris and felt a little better since he was also just wearing his casual clothes.

 

You were just following Kris as he walks to the backyard while Hana stayed by the buffet table. Being a shikshin is hard to deny food, harder to stay away from it. As you passed the backyard, you saw a rectangular shaped swimming pool and some people were actually dipping in, even getting drunk. You found the rest of the EXO standing and chatting on the wide balcony by the 2nd floor so Kris decided to go upstairs.

“Duizhang, what took you so long?” asked Luhan, almost weary.

“I had to wait for her.” He said pointing at you. And they talked about stuffs you couldn’t understand, not like you cared anyway.

“Makes sense.” D.O muttered, but you heard it. You were about to answer back but Suho appeared in front of you.

“Hi Jae Min!” smiled Suho. You smiled back.

“I didn’t know this was some semi-formal kind of party.” You shrugged.

“Oh… it’s really not.” Said Suho as he shook his head, realizing what you were trying to point out and added, “You still look stunning as always anyway.” You kind of wanted to blush on that? It’s not every day someone compliments you like that.

“Waaa noona! You’re here!” said Sehun as he ran to hug you. You were shocked when he tightened the hug. “Pretty noona.” He mumbled.

“Yah Sehun!” shouted Luhan as he pulled him away from you. “Sorry, he’s kind of drunk already.” You could just nod. Clearly, you didn’t expect the party to be like this. I mean it’s Chen! He doesn’t usually talk and he’s definitely this Mr. Nice Guy at school. Who would expect him to throw a party with discos and alcohol? Obviously, you didn’t. But you kind of thought he wouldn’t even throw a party at all. Must be Kai’s idea… or even Chanyeol.

You got hooked on talking to Suho, Lay and Chen that you almost forgot Hana was with you. It has been more than an hour already though.

“Where’s Hana? You’re with her right?” asked Kai as he held you on both shoulders. You flicked his hands away.

“Not with me right now.” You said.

“I’ll go find her!” He shouted, talking to no one in particular.

“Sure, whatever.” You watched him run downstairs and you continued talking with some of the guys.

 

Meanwhile, when you were busy talking with EXO upstairs, Hana was busy eating every finger-food on the table. She liked the cupcake so much that she had so many of it and she needed to drink water. And she, still being in her own little world of cupcakes just took a random cup on the table and seeing it pure transparent, drank it in one gulp. She ate some more fish fillets and drank on the same kind of cup after.

Slowly, her head starts to go crazy. She turned to see a lot of people dancing by the disco ball and some people making out. The noise of the loud rock music was hurting her ears pretty bad. She tried searching for you but she couldn’t quite see anyone clearly at the moment. She was already walking wobbly as she tried to walk towards the stairs. She remembered you went up with Kris earlier.

“Oh, look who’s here.” Grinned a three-faced lady.

“Who?” She asked, still enduring the throbbing of her head.

“, you hid pretty well this week you know.” Another girl said. Was I supposed to hide? She thought. She tried real hard to recognize the face in front of her.

“…?” She mumbled pointing at the girl in front of her. She was out of it you know. And she usually calls the queenkas es anyway.

“How dare you?!” Hyo Yeon gasped almost about to slap her. Someone stopped her hand though.

“That’s enough, Hyo Yeon.”

“But I didn’t even start…” she trailed off seeing anger in his eyes.

“L-let’s go, girls.” Said Yoona pulling the dumfounded Hyo Yeon away. Jiyeon followed after. Then he looked at her, worried plastered in his eyes.

“Are you okay?” He asked, checking her up.

“No, my head hurts.” She replied meekly.

“Come, let’s sober you up.” He said and led her upstairs.

“Okay.” Then her vision started to become less blurry than before. “Thanks, Taeminnie!” She beamed thinking it was Taemin. She even hugged him after to make sure she was not dreaming. He was shocked for a bit, but he let it go. Besides Hana needed to be treated quick. But after some steps Hana lost it.

 

“Guys, guys… a little help here!” Kai shouted, bringing up the unconscious Hana. That made you stop talking. What is it now?

“What happened to her?” asked Luhan as Kai and D.O placed her on Chen’s bed.

“I think she drank alcohol--”

“What?!” You shouted.

“She doesn’t drink alcohol.” Kris said.

“Well… she just did.” Kai mumbled. You’re blaming yourself why Hana’s like this. I never should have left her. You, started to bite your thumb off. You usually do that when you’re scared or guilty. Kris noticed that.

“It’s not your fault, Jae Min.” He said as he rubs his hand by your arm. That always keeps you calm eventually.

“Xiumin, please get a glass of water… and Baekhyun put some water on a bowl and add ice on it. What else… ah! Chanyeol, get a towel.” Said Lay. He really sounds in control right now that they followed his orders promptly. You could only smile on knowing how much they care.

After some time, the room felt a little better. Hana’s temperature lowered a little and she was happily sleeping on Chen’s bed. Kai and Luhan were sitting on each sides of the bed watching over her. The party downstairs was still alive and kicking but most people were really wasted already. You even saw someone jump on the pool just wearing boxers on. You just shook your head then.

The guys started to talk about games again and you just placed your earphones on. You were randomly listening to songs until an OST from one of your favorite dramas came. The song was 나를 잊지말아요 (Don’t Forget Me). You’ve always loved that song. The girl in the story kind of looks like you and you’ve had this big crush on the actor, Lee Seung Gi ever since you first saw him, on screen. Still that has been your own secret.

 

It was already 12am, and some people were starting to go home. Since either people were passed out or making out, Chen couldn’t take it and made them all leave. It was actually pretty early to end the party but Chen just didn’t want it anymore. All the guys went down to help clean up since they were all good anyway, except for Sehun who was lying on the couch in Chen’s room.

Your eyes unknowingly made their way to Tao, who was sleeping by Chen’s desk. He has been like that since you came. You remembered the happenings last Monday and it made you look away from him, even though he couldn’t actually see you right now anyway.

 “I’m Tao, from EXO.” He said and you shook hands with him unknowingly.

“Y-you’re the president?” You asked, a little out of it.

“Yes, I am.” He said sounding amused by the minute.

“Oh right. You already said that.” You said and face-palmed, but tried to force a laugh. You’re not sure if you’re really getting stupid or he’s just intimidating.

“I remember your face last Saturday.” He said randomly, though enough to make you blush. “It’s no different from your face now.” He added coming way closer now. You could feel his breath by your lips again. Why is he doing this?

“Well… that’s a-awesome.” You said, and almost wanted to take it back.

“I think so, too.” He said and smirked. You couldn’t help but really look at his puffy, red lips. It’s as if they’re calling for you. You unknowingly bit your lip, too. Either I’m a ert, or what Kris said completely made me lose myself now.

“I want to kiss you right now.” You mumbled and gulped, lost in your own world.

“I know.” He answered, which made you snap out of it and actually realize what you just said.

“Wait—what?!--” >///<

You suddenly looked up a little at him again and since he was so close, your lips actually brushed on his. You could feel his soft lips against yours. You had your eyes wide open, shockingly, so was his. You backed away seconds later.

“I-I…damn…” you cursed and ran away leaving him as dumbfounded as you. It wasn’t really his intention to kiss you anyway and even though it happened the other way around… you still kissed. Even though it was just a chaste one, damn my innocent lips!

You were so embarrassed that time that all you did the whole week was to stay away from him. Of course, you didn’t make it obvious so no one really noticed. You stopped thinking about it and went back to reality. You were holding your lips by then… and when you started to clear your mind on what you were staring at… you were looking at each other already.

He just woke up by then… and when he saw you looking at him with you holding your lips, he made his infamous smirk. You quickly looked away… and distracted yourself by turning to full volume the song you were listening to just now.

 

What do I do now?!

---

Waaaaaaaa! Sorry, this one seems to have a lot of pictures. Lol. Taemin! Haha. Just don't mind this really. Hahaha. >___< Okay, random note. Anyway, goodnight! ^^