The Bar

Come Back, Don't Go

 

---

 

It gets me hyped up.

Music is blasting, people are dancing, and laughter is all around the place. Chanyeol’s birthday party started hours ago and you’ve eaten enough food already. So everyone decided to turn to drinks, hard drinks. It’s Chanyeol’s birthday after all. He loves all-out parties like this. You didn’t want to be a pain in the neck so you drank some too. Even Hana did. But it didn’t worry you as much as she did. Although Lay had been sleeping soundly since an hour ago so he didn’t exactly had to drink anymore. You wish you were too.

You are a hard drinker. You didn’t really expect to get drunk so quickly. You can even count with your fingers on one hand the bottles you finished bottoms up. So you really don’t understand. Either you did something wrong, or someone messed with your drink. You are definitely suing that if you get him.

It is just so wrong. Hana, an easy target of alcohol she is, is still standing and sober when you got dizzy. That was just the major twist of the season.

You know you’re drunk because you feel so dizzy and heavy, and your vision is slightly impaired. It’s a good thing Tao isn’t here yet. He might go all out and tell you not to be reckless and helpless. You know you’re not, though. It has just been proven that whenever you need him to be around, for some reasons he is.

Though you can still manage yourself to not cause a scene in this bar – private for tonight because of Chanyeol’s birthday celebration – you can’t help but still drink more despite knowing the fact that you might do stupid acts if you continue putting yourself out of it; lost in the alcohol’s ecstasy.

“Jae Min, I think that’s enough.” Suho starts trying to pry away from your hand the glass of sweet alcohol.

“No.” You shoot back and gulp the drink in a second.

“You’re so weird tonight, Jae Min. You don’t usually get affected by alcohol easily.” Baekhyun mutters.

“It must be because of the drink.” Chen points out. He adds when everyone’s brows seem to have turned to creases. “It’s a really, really strong one even to people who have high alcohol tolerance.”

“In that case, Jae Min.” Xiumin adds to Chen’s explanation. He drinks from his glass after.

Minutes later, as everyone else are busy dancing and drinking - with the boys sitting on their vip spot - Tao arrives from who knows where. He immediately settles himself seated beside you. It was kind of the only space left anyway.

Your head bobbles up and down as slowly it falls by his shoulder. He lets you do this though. You can’t help but wonder if they have any clue about you two. Though it’s quite obvious they think you’re just in the process of making a relationship. They’re wrong.

Your whole body starts to get hot, oozing with high temperature. Must be because of those drinks you took in a gulp earlier. You wish you didn’t drink much then. Its bad effects are only starting to affect you now. You don’t like the feeling it’s giving you.

You crinkle your thin blouse to let some wind seep into your body at least. “It’s getting hot in here.” You mumble.

“What did she drink?” Tao asks, warily. He must have come to the conclusion that you are acting unusual.

“The tonic.” Kai answers.

“And lots of it.” Luhan adds as he slices a piece of the strawberry cake for Hana to eat. As usual, she is seated between the two again.

“You let her drink that?” Tao shouts in a controlled manner.

“Well we couldn’t actually stop her.” D.O. answers with a worried tone.

Tao only sighs. He whispers. “I should’ve gotten here earlier. Kris just had to do that call.”

You know you are half asleep but hearing Kris’ name got your ears all listening. “Kris called? Why?”

“You don’t need to know. It’s our business.” He answers as he moves your head to a better position by his shoulder.

“But… he never called me since then.” You sulk but you immediately straighten your body causing your head to go dizzy and ache more. You hold on it tight and lazily react. “Oh .”

Then your favorite party music blasts from the stereo and you feel all giddy and excited because of it. You stand up even when your body just wants to lay down and walk straight towards the dance floor. Everyone already seems to be tired and reacts some seconds too late so they just watch you walk away. Sehun already passed out hours ago. If he was still sober he’d be the first one to react on your move.

Tao feels responsible for you so he runs after you, who are slowly getting lost in the crowd of people dancing. He hates places like this. The kind where there are a lot of people, so close to each other. It’s suffocating, but he’d go in it just to find you.

He keeps on shouting for your name even though there is only this little possibility that you’d hear him due to the loudness of the banging music. The people greasing at each other makes him sick but he’s holding in his annoyance and anger to continue searching for you.

Meanwhile you are probably on the other side of the dance floor by now. You are wearing a red dress and black stiletto heels that makes people’s gaze stay by yours. You are very visible among the crowd with the clothes you are wearing. If you were sober, you would already have knocked those erts’ souls out. But you aren’t yourself right now so you couldn’t really feel hot stares on you. You just continued dancing to your favorite song. You missed so badly the times you were hopping clubs after clubs from dusk ‘til dawn back in Europe. It’s nice to feel this way again, somehow.

You are still lost in stereo when suddenly strong pair of arms wrap around your waist from the back that causes you to flinch. You open your eyes as you slowly feel conscious of the surrounding. Whoever this guy was would surely regret even just doing this to you.

You are about to turn around and face the man when he made you turn to him first. You are dumbfounded by what he just did when a familiar scent lingers on your skin. That Gucci smell you’d never learn to forget.

He leans by your ear and whispers, almost mockingly. “Found you.”

“You were searching for me?” You ask.

“I had to make sure you were safe from all these lustful friends of the birthday boy.” He whispers yet again causing you to feel his hot breath by your ear. He holds you tighter.

You didn’t know if it was still the alcohol making your heart beat so fast or if it’s because of the empty distance between the two of you. You admit, whatever it is that causing it, you didn’t want to end just yet.

Your hands found their way to the back of his head. His eyes show a gist of confusion as you pull him downwards to level your gaze.

“Let’s end their suffering then.” You mumble with a playful grin as you tiptoe a bit to close the littlest distance between your face. You close your eyes and waited until you feel his lips on yours. You stopped a millimeter away so he did the honor and finally take in the remaining space from both your lips. It starts soft and fluffy as if both of you are remembering what it first felt like to be kissing each other. He pulls you closer to him making your sweet kiss deepen from the impact. The tingling feeling around your body rises up as you both move your lips to cover every part of the other’s lips. You love this feeling you were getting. You answer each other’s yearning for this kiss as you imagine fireworks all around you. You accidentally bite his bottom lip when you realize that this supposed sweet and chaste kiss turns into an intense and hot one. You can feel him grinning by your lips as you continue to melt each other with the passionate kiss you are doing.

You know you are in the middle of the dance floor but it’s definitely the right time to do something like this. You didn’t really care about the people around you as long as you are with Tao. You know you aren’t sober but you still think clear enough to keep on kissing him mindless until now. Or is it you who’s going crazy at this moment?

You didn’t want to stop but you both know you are running out of breath. He slowly breaks away from the kiss and you know that if he wasn’t holding you so tight right now, you would have already fallen to the ground because of your wobbling knees. You wouldn’t have mind though, because it would’ve been still worth it. He presses both your foreheads together and you can’t help but chuckle with what you have just done.

A faint gasp knocks the both of you back to the bar. “Holy I was right all along!” It was Chanyeol.

And yes, we’ve been caught but it doesn’t faze me a bit. I was already expecting this, I guess.

 

---

hello, it has been awhile, hasn't it?
I was procrastinating on this chapter for a long time now
so I gathered myself to finally finish it.
I'm sorry if you waited so long again. :)