The Event

Come Back, Don't Go

 

It's Junmyeon's birthday in my country now! Yay! An update. >___< XOXO ^^

---

 

It’s Friday and today is also the Clubs’ Event of the year. Everyone in their own clubs was busy preparing stalls and booths. Some were practicing for their acts later while some even had some last minute changes. You on the other hand felt useless. Apparently, Tao wasn’t kidding when he chose you to be your club’s mascot.

He made you wear your typical Taekwondo suit and gave you a big Panda head that you have to put on. The heat inside was no joke. If you stay wearing the head for too long, you might just suffocate and faint. He advised that you rest for 10 minutes every 45 minutes. Either he actually cares about you or he’s just worried no one will replace you once you faint or something. You were silently hoping it’s the former.

 

It’s almost lunch time when you took off the Panda head. You weren’t really that hungry though, so you just decided to rest on a nearby bench. You also had to admit, the mascot thing really attracted a lot of people. In fact, your club’s booth is one of the places where people go to and stay. You’re not sure why since there are a lot of photos of Tao winning certain competitions. There were other people with pictures too, but Tao was the highlight of everything.

“Hey! Here.” He said as he came towards you with a Wintermelon Milk Tea in hand.

“Is this for free?” You asked taking the Milk Tea and started to drink from it.

“You want to pay for it?” You just shook your head.

“How did you know this is my favorite? Did you ask Kris?”

“I used to buy that to someone every time before. Lucky guess.” He said as he looks away.

“That someone liked this too?” That someone must be his ex right?

“Pretty much.”

You just stayed sitting there in silence. You didn’t know what to say next. You thought it was better to just not talk at all since he seemed morose by the mere memory of her. It was evident on his face but it was quickly hidden with no emotion at all.

 

You suddenly felt hungry just sitting there with him in stillness. You already finished your drink minutes ago. You were supposed to go back on being a mascot times ago but no, you’re just sitting there. And really, it has been quite awhile.

“Are you hungry?” He asked so sudden that made you twitch.

“You can say that.” You looked at him and he was still staring at the field in front of you. You were just looking at him like that when he abruptly turned to look at you. You were shocked.

“C’mon! Let’s eat.” He said and pulled you by the wrist to stand you up. You weren’t even able to protest since his hold was too tight, but not much to hurt you. You just let him then. You were dead hungry anyway. Both of you were walking by the field with him holding you and everyone’s eyes were pretty much wide-eyed in curiosity. They haven’t really seen you this close at all.

You went inside a resto and like a gentleman he was, he offered you a sit, which was really weird since he wasn’t so before. The place wasn’t full of people so it seemed okay. You ordered food and you went with pasta since they serve them here. He ordered the same apparently. The order came minutes after and you started to eat.

“Why are you like this?” You can’t help but ask.

“Like what?” He asked as he stopped eating and looked up to you.

“You do not pity me, don’t you?”

“Why would I?”

“Stop turning tables on me!” You almost shouted, but you composed yourself.

“I didn’t know you had a short temper--” He smirked.

“You don’t even know me.” You said and rolled eyes.

“You seem nice.” He answered in defeat.

“Are you crazy? I’m far from nice. And you don’t even talk to other girls!” You eyed him. Why me?

“I know you’re picky with people you’re nice with, but I’m one of the few people you actually show kindness to… sometimes.”

“But why are you only talking to me? There are a lot of nice people around here.”

“You’re different.” He smiled. Damn?

“I don’t get you.” You just said. He could at least explain why, right?

“That’s better.” He just said nodding his head, and continued eating. Like wtf was that supposed to mean, right?

You ate in silence after trying to decode what he really meant on that and he paid for your lunch. How nice of him, right? Both of you walked back to your club’s booth but he quickly excused his self since he needed to practice for the event later. You went inside the Panda head again but you just stayed sitting on a chair near your booth.

 

---

 

It’s 4pm already so you decided to end your time being a mascot. You went to change to your loose shirt, jeans and keds shoes after. You haven’t seen Hana for a whole day since they were practicing and rehearsing the whole morning and took a rest the whole afternoon. Right now, they’re probably getting ready for the event which is about to start in an hour. You already got used to being all by yourself at times since it has already been a month but you feel sad because even just during lunch, you never got to see Hana or Kris.

You just walked out of the girls’ shower room when Kris suddenly passed by you running like hell. He promptly stopped when he realized it was you and went walking back to you.

“Finally I found you!” He sighed and grabbed your wrist and dragged you all the way to the backstage. You knew he was the student council president so definitely he’s busy especially since idols are also performing tonight. He was walking back and forth in the backstage for awhile now and it’s really getting you dizzy.

“Kris… will you—Kris! Could you stop—Wu Fan!” And he stopped.

“What?!” He shouted back gripping on his hair for dear life. His expression immediately changed when he realized what he did.

“What’s wrong?” You asked coming towards him.

“Please do the opening.” He begged.

“No way!” You backed away.

“Please? I know no one else! And Chen just told me about the problem minutes ago.”

“What is the problem?”

“Their supposedly opening act couldn’t be done tonight because the girl who’s supposed to play guitar isn’t around. Her grandfather was rushed to the hospital because he had a massive heart atta…” He trailed off. I shouldn’t have said that. He thought.

“You want me to play guitar?” He was shocked from your question but was amazed you kept yourself together. I hope she would at least catch her grandfather breathing. Not like me… no.

“I’m sorry.” He said as he hugged you. That’s when your tears start to fall but you wiped them away before it would even trickle down Kris’ shoulder. Why am I so fragile?

“I’ll find someone else--” He suddenly said.

“I’ll do it. That’s the least I could do.” You interrupted still trembling a little.

 

The event was about to start. The MCs were talking introducing the event and you can hear people screaming and clapping from where you’re sitting. After their short introduction, the curtains opened revealing you sitting on a glass chair holding your acoustic guitar with you. You started plucking the strings of the guitar and everyone was all ears listening to you. You were great on guitars. You sang 눈물만 (Only Tears) by INFINITE since you were kind of missing someone right now.

You were able to catch everyone’s attention as you sing every lyric of the song and as you strum on your guitar, it’s like your also strumming the pieces of their hearts with you. All of the audience got hooked on you singing that some actually had tears on their eyes. You on the other hand were a lot worse since you can’t even cry, not in front of everyone, even if you badly needed to. Why is she so fragile?

You ended your performance with a strum. You stood up and bowed your head on the littlest degree and turned to leave with your guitar. All you could hear after are the deafening applauses of people. They were not expecting to see you perform at all tonight, but nonetheless they were all amazed. You were too numb to feel happy about it though.

“You did awesome! Thank you so much Jae Min!” He said as he embraced you with a tight hug when you reached back stage.

“I better get something for this.” You joked, but they are always half-meant anyway.

“Oh… maybe next time. I still need to talk to… see you later!” He said as he ran away from you. That .

 You were about to leave the backstage when someone poked you by the shoulder. You turned around to know who it was.

“Hi… can you show me where the restroom is?” He beamed waving at you. You were just too shocked to even talk. He held your shoulders and shook you a little so you managed to walk off of the feels.

“S-Sungjong…” you whispered. He’s even wearing that cute, colorful feathery hat!

“Yes?” He asked with a smile. He did not just smile at me!

“I… the restroom’s over there. Just walk straight then turn to your right and turn to your second left, walk straight again and turn to your left. The restroom will be right in front of you then.” You said pointing to the imaginary map only you could understand and he was just so clueless it’s too cute!

“When do you turn to your left again..?” He asked as he pouted his lips. So cute!

“Or… you could just follow me there?” You suggested.

“That would be awesome! Let’s go.” He said and pushed your back shoulders as if you’re a cart or something. Still, you may be calm on the outside but you sure were already flipping tables on the inside.

“I heard you sing earlier. Your voice is so good.” He beamed as you walk down the hall.

“Thanks.” You shyly smiled. BUT SERIOUSLY AFGHJKNCVVKLAFIJVMV!

“You even sang our song! You must be an Inspirit!” He beamed again. STAHP, PLEASE DON’T MAKE ME DIE TODAY.

“I really am! I actually collected your every CD since debut. I’m really happy you’re performing tonight.”

“Jinja?! You’re so cool. I’m happy you’re happy!” And he chuckled. Oh such sweet serendipity.

“And here we are.” You said as you stood in front of the restroom.

“Thank you so much…er…” He said but trailed off. He doesn’t know your name.

“Jae Min.” You said and gave a small smile.

“Thanks for helping me Jae Min!” He said and hugged you that caused you to stay still. As he broke the hug, he gave you a quick kiss on the cheek that made you blush and got your eyes wide open.

“You’re so pretty!” He said and tousled your hair. He went in the restroom after.

You were still just standing there when you decided to scream. You were far on the back stage to even be heard anyway. You screamed on your highest voice not caring if you’ll sore your throat after and jumped up and down like a kid. You even slapped yourself to know if you’re dreaming or not.

“This is not a dream! OMG!” You shrieked but stopped when you saw Kris on the corner coming towards you.

“I guess I no longer have to give you something at all.” He said as he passed by in front of you.

“Way to end my fangirling. Yah!” You muttered.

 

---

 

It was 8pm and the last performance of the night before the idols is Hana and EXO’s. By this time you were already among the audience. The curtains were drawn and the applauses got even louder. It’s the EXO, what’s new?

The song started to play and the seven of them danced to the beat. Hana was kind of the highlight of the performance as they dance with BoA’s song Only One. You were sitting in the front-est row so Sehun got a glimpse of you and waved at you. The girls beside you actually thought it was them, Sehun was referring to and shrieked.

It was already the part where Hana was lying on the back of the guys when everyone’s screams got louder… even louder when it was the duo part. You were astounded by the mere fact that she’s connecting hands with Kai and danced with him on the dance break because you really thought she would pair up with Lay. Whatever happened to end up that way, you have no idea. You had to admit, they look good together, at least when dancing.

The deafening noise never stopped until after they finished dancing. Hana quickly ran towards you since it would be INFINITE’s time to perform next. You were VIPs since you were seated in the front. The place was guarded so no one could just break in running towards the stage if ever.

They will be performing two songs tonight and right now, they’re just in the dance break of Be Mine. You can’t stare away from Sungjong especially with the scene earlier. Hana was just too mesmerized by Myungsoo to even care about you. They were actually childhood friends, long before she even met you. While others are screaming their lungs out, you and Hana were just waving the lightsticks back and forth and singing along with the song.

They were performing Man In Love, and when it was Sungjong’s line to sing, he saw you. He beamed to wink at you and waved and Hana saw that. She eyed you suspiciously.

“Did something happen?” She asked.

“Backstage… hug… kiss.” That was all you said, of course pointing at your cheek on the kiss.

“Jinja?! Tell me everything later!” She shrieked and you just nodded.

 

They bowed after their performance and SHINee soon stepped out to perform. Everyone got even louder this time. You were so lucky that two of your favorite groups are performing.  They first performed Lucifer and as always their moves are so immensely amazing. You and Hana were still just singing and focusing on your biases. Minho, your bias in SHINee is as handsome as ever rapping his lines so well.

 

“Taeminnieeee!” Hana screamed when it was Taemin’s line. She couldn’t help it.

Their next song was Why So Serious and fortunately, Jonghyun was already around. You missed him. You continued to sing with the song until you were lost with it.

“I should really remember to thank Kris later--” you mumbled.

“And the organizers too! The idols wouldn’t be here without them.” Hana interrupted.

Their performance ended and when you thought it was over, you’re wrong. Apparently, there’s one last performance according to the MCs. You thought that was cancelled since it was supposed to be your brothers, Super Junior who will perform the last act but since they’re having their tour they can’t. Who will replace them, you don’t know.

“I thought Eunhyuk oppa can’t come?” asked Hana.

“It’s obviously not them.” You just said and waited for the last act to start.

It took 10 minutes later for the last act to be introduced. Seriously? What’s with the delay?

“Now let’s welcome… EXO!” Everyone clapped so hard cheering like there’s no tomorrow, while you and Hana were dumfounded. They never said anything about their so-called performance tonight. Trying to be mysterious eh?

Then an unfamiliar beat blasted on the speakers and Chen started singing while they’re all dancing so awesome steps.

“He has such powerful voice.” You whispered and Hana nodded to agree. No wonder he’s the president of the Music Club.

They continued to do singing and dancing and you were really amazed by how awesome they are. They dance so well all together. Their vocals are so good too. Why didn’t I know this before?

“D.O. and Baekhyun’s voices! They can reach high notes!” Beamed Hana while you’re still shocked on how angelic Suho’s voice when singing is. You almost laughed when Kris started to rap but let’s admit it, he’s good. Even Chanyeol’s low pitch voice fascinated you. They all dance so well but Lay, Luhan and Kai are the best among the 12.

What stopped you from your amazement was when Tao did his air flip during the dance break. He really is good at Wushu. Everyone cheered on them and applauses were the loudest tonight. Sehun looked too y for being the youngest among them really. Xiumin’s scream was not expected. Still, it was so good. You doubt you’d even do that clearly without choking yourself.

Their performance was so good that even you and Hana clapped so hard after it. They bowed their heads and went backstage. You just had your jaw dropped.

 

---

 

It was past 9pm and most people were heading home already. You and Hana hurriedly went to the vans by the backstage since Hana really wanted to see L so bad. She had a crush on him ever since they were kids and she wasn’t shocked he became an idol years later. She still remembers the times L would play guitar to her. You were right in time since INFINITE was about to ride their vans.

“Myungsoo!” Hana shouted that made L turn around.

“Hana?” asked L, shocked to see her.

“You remember me.”

“How would I forget? You were the first girl I ever serenaded.” He kidded. Beside him was Sungjong and you could just look at him from time to time.

“Oh, hi Jae Min!” Sungjong beamed when he recognized you.

“Hello.” Awkward.

“I thought you were… in Europe?”

“I just got back… a month ago.” And their manager called them. It’s getting late already.

“Oh. Well, see you around Hanhan!” L said and ruffled Hana’s hair before entering the van.

“Bye Jae Min, Hana!” Sungjong waved and entered the car too.

“Bye!” You both waved.

 

Your happiness was automatically cut by some guys people call EXO. No kidding.

“You know them?” asked Kai and Luhan at the same time. She never heard them though.

“Myungsoo’s her childhood friend. She’s still a little out of it.” You just answered for her. You could see how jealous those two are.

“You never told me you’d be performing.” You muttered when Kris stood beside you.

“It was sudden. We just prepared for a week.”

“And you couldn’t find a minute in that week to tell me.” You sarcastically said.

“Don’t go y on me! They all wanted to keep it a secret.” Kris said with his both hands raised up as he chuckles.

“I really hate you.” You just muttered.

“Of course you do.” He said and smiled.

“Yah, let’s celebrate for a successful event!” shouted Chanyeol.

“Yes!”

“Sure!”

“That’d be awesome!” They all agreed, even Hana.

“I’m in. You deserve it, duizhang.” You said as you raised your right hand pissing Kris off along the way. He hated it when you call him that. He said it was only meant for EXO. Please.

 

Well, at least you’re happy now.