The Savior

Come Back, Don't Go

 

---

 

You were running late for a Monday and the bus just got to its stop in front of your school. You ran towards the gate when a familiar arm wrapped around your shoulders. Some students looked at you with defiant stares by then.

“How’s your weekend?” asked Kris as he bit his lip, trying to act cool. Please.

“I saw my brother… and some intruder who saved me from a thief a week ago.”

“You actually needed to be saved?”

“Exactly. He just barged in and claimed my fight.” You rolled your eyes.

“You have to be a girl once in awhile.”

“What are you implying then?” You asked with furrowed brows and hand gestures.

“C’mon. Let’s go to class.” He said changing the topic and held your wrist. This is why you hate him. He’s too clingy for a gentleman.

English was your first class and like last time, it was just the 14 of you in the room. Kris made you sit beside him since Hana was still not around. The guy on your other side though was sleeping.

“Where’s Hana gonna sit then?” You asked Kris, but he just shrugged.

“Oh Duizhang, she can sit beside me!” said Luhan pointing to the vacant seat beside him.

“Between us, you mean.” Added Kai. These two really… they’re so obvious. You wonder how Hana will react on that.

“Did you have something to do with this?” You asked Kris.

“With what?” He asked while yawning. Not something you see every day.

“With Hana and I being in one room with you? This seems fishy, you know. Especially with your fangirls shooting death glares on us every time.” You rolled eyes.

“I don’t know. It’s the first time I’m attending English where you’re around.” Still, you’re bothered why this whole set-up happened.

Your professor came and started discussing English. You and Kris though were too bored to listen. Clearly, you didn’t have to learn such things twice. Hana came in late so she had no choice but to really sit between Luhan and Kai and it was evident on her face that she disliked it. The two though, were almost smiling like idiots.

 

During the Arts class then, you saw Lay and Chen’s paintings and were really amazed by them. They had skillful talents. You on the other hand, just whisked different colors of paints everywhere on the blank canvas. You weren’t the artsy kind of girl when it comes to artworks. It was still abstract art anyway. Hana, like you just spewed paints all over her canvas, much worse than yours. Luhan actually painted Hana’s eyes magnificently while Kai just painted a nonfigurative kind of heart. Still, it was related to Hana.

Kris failed to paint a dragon that it actually looked more of a lizard and Xiumin just painted Baozis. D.O painted a chibi version of himself with those wide eyes on while Sehun painted a Taro Milk Tea; it was more just like a polygon though you’ll know it’s a Milk Tea because its name was plastered by the top. Talk about obsessions. Suho painted a black fallen angel and it was really peaceful-looking in the eyes. Chanyeol and Baekhyun on the other hand were literally painting each other instead of painting on the canvas.

The sleeping one beside you earlier is still sleeping but only because he finished painting already. You looked over at his work and all you could do was to stifle your laughter. Even so, Kris’ work was the worst.

 

---

 

It was lunch time when you and Hana decided to go to the hallways to take some books to your lockers. You took the necessary books and locked your locker. You turned to leave but at that same time the ‘Queenkas,’ as what they call themselves, stood in front of you. What is it this time? They never really went to you before and as far as you know, you didn’t do anything wrong. You just rolled your eyes out of habit.

“Yah! What’s your problem huh?!” Yoona shouted at you. She didn’t quite like you rolling your eyes. It offended her.

“Should you ask me about that?” You said. She seems to be the one to have a problem here and not me.

“You’re really talking back huh?” said Jiyeon, your homeroom classmate.

“I do because I can.” This is wasting your time.

“!” shouted Hyo Yeon.

“Are you talking to a mirror?” You asked innocently. Some people in the hallway tried to suppress their laughter. They didn’t want to be involved in your business.

“Huh. You really have the nerve.” Shocker, I know. Lol.

“Here! These pictures might wake you up.” Then Yoona threw pictures at you. You’re not that stupid to actually pick them up. You just stared at the y Queenkas in front of you. Though, you were able to look at some pictures as they fall. Some of them were pictures when you ate lunch, when they kidnapped you, when you walked out of the Exoplanet and when you were with Kris. They are creepy stalkers.

“Aren’t you gonna pick them up?”

“You’re the one who threw them everywhere.” You’re actually wondering why Hana was so quiet. You looked by your left and saw Hana eating Sugar cakes.

“Yah! How did you get in their ‘hang-out’ place? You’re one clever , you know that?” said Jiyeon. You wanted to say they kidnapped you, but they’re not that important to know anyway. They’re just jealous es.

“I don’t pretend I don’t, you know.” You’re getting tired of the drama already.

“So you’re saying we’re pretentious?!” Whined Jiyeon.

“Please! You’re just a girl who rides on a bus!” Said Hyo Yeon. What has that got to do with them being pretentious? O__o

“You just transferred in this school and you’re acting all bossy?” Yoona asked.

“Don’t mind me if that’s bothering you.” You shrugged. They’re getting too stupid for you.

“You’re getting all y on our EXO and we shouldn’t bother you?!”

“They’re not actually YOURS, so you can’t decide on who they should be friends with. It’s not my fault they’re actually talking to me.” You never actually thought of saying that but you just had to make them feel more miserable.

“Just who do you think you are?!” shouted Jiyeon.

“I’m just myself. And if you’re not satisfied with that, then think of whatever you want to think.”

“That’s it! We’ll make sure you’ll be wretched in this school!” Yoona said, pointing defiantly at you.

“I’ll count on that.” You said and started walking off. By that time, Hana already finished her cake. She walked by the Queenkas.

“Hi es!” She beamed and waved at them and ran towards you. She wasn’t really sober from the food yet, you know.

 

“I hate them!” shouted Jiyeon as the three of them turned your way.

“We all do, Jiji.” Said Hyo Yeon.

“This means war, girls. I’ve had enough of them for one week.” Yoona said and stretched her fingers. Like that would beat your taekwondo skills. Tss.

You on the other hand are just smirking all the way. You’re so happy you pissed them off big time. You could only care less on whatever they’ll do next.

 

---

 

It was your homeroom class and your teacher was just busy talking about next month’s events. You could see Jiyeon looking at you from time to time and all you could do is smirk.

“Jae Min-ah, do you have anything to do this weekend?” asked Suho.

“I don’t think so. Wae?”

“It’s Chen’s birthday. You should come!”

“Really?” You asked Chen who was attentively listening to the professor. He just nodded.

“Can I bring Hana with me?”

“Oh sure. Actually all seniors are invited but we just wanted to ask you personally.” Oh. So the es will be there, too.

“Where will it be?”

“Oh, I’ll just tell Kris to go with you.” Suho said and smiled, and you nodded. Thinking about just entering the event makes you smirk again.

 

---

 

It was time for the free class so you immediately went to the martial arts building. Before you could though, Kris talked to you. Meanwhile Hana went to the dance club building but didn’t find Yuri there. Instead, she just searched for a studio room that had no one in it. She had a hard time finding one because either the door is locked, or many people are in the room.

After about 10 minutes, there was finally an open room that was empty. She locked the door as she entered the room and turned to start practicing. She turned the music Man In Love on, and started to dance. She was halfway finishing the song when someone groaned behind. She stopped.

“Yah! What’s that noise?” asked Luhan who just sat up and rubbed his eyes.

“Oh. I didn’t see you were here. Mianhae.” She said and bowed down.

“It's okay. Just keep dancing. I’ll be fine.” Luhan quickly said as he smiles shyly.

“O-okay.” She started to dance Man In Love from the beginning again, and Luhan was just at the back watching her move, with full smiles on his face.

 

“Stupid Kris… wae?!” You mumbled to yourself as you entered your club building. You were shocked that no one was around at all. Even the professor is nowhere to be seen.

“I guess I’ll just leav--”

“Stay.” Someone shouted from the corner and walked to you. You met his gaze as you walked halfway towards the center. You tilted your head to one side to the familiar eyes you’re looking at. It was too dark inside knowing that only one light in the center was on. Then you finally reached the center. You were so close to him.

“Who are you?” You asked, still not able to see him clearly. You were looking up at him and the light bulb above was a bit distracting. He leveled his gaze on you.

“I’m the president.” And he smirked as your eyes were in line with each other. O____O

“Y-you… y-you’re…--” You couldn’t talk well. You were stuttering pretty bad. And you don’t usually stutter.

“I’m Tao, from EXO.” He said and offered his hands, still smirking. You were more dumfounded when he told you he was part of EXO. You never saw him with them… or you probably just didn’t look wide enough.

You unknowingly shook hands with him. You remembered him sleeping then, his back when you were in Exoplanet, and his painting earlier in Art class. He really is from EXO. Weird enough, he’s also your savior.

 

Why?!